• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP and ENFP CONFUSION!!

Chloe

i...or maybe it's one of my values to not behave in some of the typical extroverted ways...maybe it's from seeing other extroverts and feeling how others perceived them and deciding to curb those instincts within myself.

I noticed also I do this... I would be more extroverted in many situations if wasnt this. I didnt know it before I was in situation where I could act really how I like.. I was very extroverted...

but then again, in ES surrounding.. huh totally dont look E

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I noticed also I do this... I would be more extroverted in many situations if wasnt this. I didnt know it before I was in situation where I could act really how I like.. I was very extroverted...

but then again, in ES surrounding.. huh totally dont look E

Neither, I'm way more introverted around strong Es, and situations where I can't be myself.

B

brainheart

I test like 98% introvert or something ridiculous like that but I'm an ENFP. I'm an ENFP because Ne is without a doubt my dominant function and as soon as I read the ENFP description I couldn't help but laugh, it was so 100% me. The INFP description, on the other hand, no. Fi is most decidedly not my dominant function. I am a perceiver all the way; judging takes the backseat.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think it has to do with the confusion between extroversion and being social. ENFPs tend to be far less social than other Es. This is due to (1) depression/ being unhappy which causes us to withdraw, and more broadly: (2) extroverted intuition is not a readily understood language, and that makes social interaction less satisfying.

Enjoying social contact isn't always easy. Having to explain the million loose associations that spring up in a single sentence gets old fast. People tend to not understand us, and/or dismiss us as eccentric, or some sort of entertaining prop to be enjoyed but not considered.

Anyway, that's probably why many of us feel nonsocial and so mistaken ourselves for introverts.
What she said.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People tend to not understand us, and/or dismiss us as eccentric, or some sort of entertaining prop to be enjoyed but not considered.

I was just talking tonight about how one of my relatives thinks I'm like some cool alien knick knack they have found. "Wow, look at this thing! Can I put it on my mantel?"

enfp1091

MBTI Type
ENFP
My mother (Esfj) and my father (Intj) always call me an introvert but they are actually referring to shyness and I think I'm not shy because I actually can talk with anyone as if we've met for life. I think they portait an extrovert as a person who always is talking. I can talk to anyone but sometimes people approach me first even if I really want to know that person I usually don't talk to them because maybe I will make them feel uncomfortable.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
my ENFP friend said he 'turned into an I' when he began college. He says he's constantly around typical in your face all-they-want-to-do-is-get-wasted fraternity guys and annoying art kids (complete with a pair of girl jeans, some obscure indie band t-shirt, and a subtle air of superiorty...carrying only a sketchbook filled with absolutely shitty artwork). He retreats to his dorm after class to watch movies.

Gee, with those kinds of assholes walking around everywhere, who wouldn't turn into a withdrawn hermit? I'd probably become so reclusive I'd turn my own insides out.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought for the longest time I was an introvert. I realize now I'm an extrovert, and very much so.

I am quite social and do get charged from the outside world. I guess realizing I was an E was a bit of a growing process and learning more about myself. A few years ago I was living at home and I think socializing with my family led me to believe I was introverted. What was really happening is socializing with my family was often enough to satisfy my E'ness and I didn't hang out with my friends quite as often as I do now. Then again, looking back on my childhood, I'd spend pretty much every day with my friends and hanging out.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I relate much more to the ENFP profile as well, but I'm not a strong extrovert. I also relate really well to the ESFP profile. I was raised an only child pretty much. I'm fairly comfortable being alone, I just don't prefer it. Lots of ENFPs like to read, which usually requires solitude. We can appear reserved, and that gets interpreted as introverted.