• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's more elegant than xNFJ's?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Someone said that xNFP's are elegant and xNFJ's aren't. I disagree. I've always thought that xNFP's have more fairy-like tinkerbell kind of elegance and aura to them whereas xNFJ's have a more angelic Galadriel (from Lord of the Rings) kind of aura. Thoughts?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That is a really crummy presumption. xNFPs more elegant than xNFJs? That's like saying INTJs are smarter than ENTJs.

I would agree with what you said, though. xNFPs definitely have a more fairy-tinker bell like aura, and I think Galadriel is an icon of xNFJs.

To stay on the Lord of the Rings note- xNFPs would be more like a Frodo or an Aragorn, stuck between the good and the bad, lost on the path, wandering into their own destiny with foggy glasses, following their hearts.

xNFJs have always seemed more wise. Like a Gandalf, Dumbeldore (WHATEVER HIS TYPE IS), or Galadriel. They all have an experienced, mystical, wise and philosophical aura about them.

It's hard to get across what I meant clearly, so I hope you're catching my drift.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think Galadriel is an icon of xNFJs.

To stay on the Lord of the Rings note- xNFPs would be more like a Frodo or an Aragorn, stuck between the good and the bad, lost on the path, wandering into their own destiny with foggy glasses, following their hearts.

Agreed.

Fi: Inner Good vs. Inner Evil
Fe: External Harmony vs. External Disharmony

(This may be wrong.)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Agreed.

Fi: Inner Good vs. Inner Evil
Fe: External Harmony vs. External Disharmony

(This may be wrong.)

Thank you for summing it up.

I have always thought of xNFJs are holy or angelic. Very Angel-like. In my opinion, they really seem like the ultimate perfectionists that know how to manage their emotions and are great mentors and leaders. Very Galadriel-like, Christ-like, etc etc.

I have always seen xNFPs are more of commoners. Commoners in that we have to face the normal battle between good and evil.

And I'm not trying to suck up to xNFJs, I'm just stating it as it is.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have always seen xNFPs are more of commoners.
I've always thought of xNFP's as the lovely, adventurous princes and princesses. Quite a far cry from being 'commoners', if you ask me.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That's more of what I meant. And no laughing BC! You're going to make me sad. :(

It's like I have one huge idea that I want to get across, but channeling it into the right words is so hard. :doh:

but you said it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That wasn't directed toward you OneWithSoul, just toward this thread concept. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
To follow your Fi or to do the right thing.

That is the question that so often taunts NFPs.

I think.

And it seems like for NFJs, doing the right thing comes naturally.

Probably the dynamics of Fi/Fe. but I don't know enough about the functions to make that claim.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Tolkien didn't seem to care much for NF's, but at least he threw in Frodo and Galadriel for good measure.

It's funny though. I find myself wondering how the hell did I fall so in love with such an NT-dominated story when I was younger.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It is so NT dominated. LOL. Not that a ton of the characters are NTs, but it is the completely essence of NT fantasy. It's brilliant.

not to change the subject, but what type do you see Gandalf and Aragorn as? I see Gandalf as an INTJ and Aragorn as INFP.
Just wondering..

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I see Gandalf as INTJ. I'm not sure what Aragorn is. In the movies, Viggo Mortensen portrayed him as an INFJ, but maybe that's because Viggo happens to be an INFJ himself.

The whole fear of being corrupted by power seemed to be an INFP trait in Aragorn, which makes sense. I've always thought of xNFP's as the purest type. They don't seem to be tempted by power, and have more integrity than anyone else I've seen. As far as I'm concerned, they're as close to incorruptible as one can get.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is so NT dominated. LOL. Not that a ton of the characters are NTs, but it is the completely essence of NT fantasy. It's brilliant.

Yeah, I think there were more SP characters than NTs.

not to change the subject, but what type do you see Gandalf and Aragorn as? I see Gandalf as an INTJ and Aragorn as INFP.
Just wondering..

Gandalf's the quintessential INTJ.
Aragorn.... ISFP? ISTJ? ESTJ? ISTP?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, I think there were more SP characters than NTs.
The vast majority of the big players (Gandalf, Sauron, Saruman, Elrond, someone else I'm forgetting) seemed to be NT's. The only NF in LOTR who seemed to have any real power or legendary status in the world of Middle Earth was Galadriel.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The vast majority of the big players (Gandalf, Sauron, Saruman, Elrond, someone else I'm forgetting) seemed to be NT's. The only NF in LOTR who seemed to have any real power or legendary status in the world of Middle Earth was Galadriel.

Unquestionably. (I'd peg the Rohan outcasts and the Elvish race as SPs.) Hmmm... what about her husband? I don't recall much of his personality.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I see Gandalf as INTJ. I'm not sure what Aragorn is. In the movies, Viggo Mortensen portrayed him as an INFJ, but maybe that's because Viggo happens to be an INFJ himself.

The whole fear of being corrupted by power seemed to be an INFP trait in Aragorn, which makes sense. I've always thought of xNFP's as the purest type. They don't seem to be tempted by power, and have more integrity than anyone else I've seen. As far as I'm concerned, they're as close to incorruptible as one can get.

I would agree totally. I was going to bring up the same point about Aragorn's fear of being corrupt by power and his inner turmoil in regard to the ring is definitely an INFP thing, which is why I had typed him as INFP. But I can see INFJ, too. Viggo is oozing INFJ.

And what about Sam? Sam seems to be an ISFJ to me. He's Frodo's guard, obeying everything he is told, and staying by his side almost the whole way.

It's weird you said that about NFPs being the purest types. I've thought that about NFJs. Not that NFPs would be corrupted or tempted by power per se, but that it seems like NFPs are more susceptible to things like addiction and getting into things that NFJs would judge face point as bad. We kind of stumble around. Like someone stumbling down a hall way, barging into each room for a little bit.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Gandalf's the quintessential INTJ
I actually thought Gandalf seemed a bit more F-like than the typical INTJ. He seemed to emulate the INFJ "wise old mentor" quite a bit at times with characters like Frodo and Pippin.

He was thousands of years old, though. It only makes sense that he would have plenty of time to balance out his weaker functions.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
To follow your Fi or to do the right thing.

That is the question that so often taunts NFPs.

I think.
I've never felt that way about it

NFP's more elegant than NFJ's????????? Who came up with THAT idea????
Maybe I should ask what you mean by "elegant"?

Seriously though, NFP's tend to be MASSIVE non-conformist/"I'm gonna do my own thing" kinda people. NFJ's know what others want and how to provide it, ESPECIALLY image/appearance/demeanor-wise.

IMO NFJ's are WAY more elegant than NFP's

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Yeah, definitely.

Out of the Fellowship, though, it seems like a whole slew were S's.

Legolas and Gimli seemed ISTJ.
Sam- ISFJ
Pippin/Merry- xSFPs
Baromir- ESTJ

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I actually thought Gandalf seemed a bit more F-like than the typical INTJ. He seemed to emulate the INFJ "wise old mentor" quite a bit at times with characters like Frodo and Pippin.

He was thousands of years old, though. It only makes sense that he would have plenty of time to balance out his weaker functions.

We might have another Dumbledore case. Galadriel is a better representation of a seasoned INFJ.

Yeah, definitely.

Out of the Fellowship, though, it seems like a whole slew were S's.

Legolas and Gimli seemed ISTJ.
Sam- ISFJ
Pippin/Merry- xSFPs
Baromir- ESTJ

My only correction:

Legolas - ISFP (Being in tune with his environment; largely hands-off with Te.)