• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's more elegant than xNFJ's?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Those're good clips, Amargith. Makes me wish I knew more NFP's because I could really use some of their companionship these days...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Someone said that xNFP's are elegant and xNFJ's aren't. I disagree. I've always thought that xNFP's have more fairy-like tinkerbell kind of elegance and aura to them whereas xNFJ's have a more angelic Galadriel (from Lord of the Rings) kind of aura. Thoughts?

Lol.
Quite a generalization there.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm totally lost....how does type play into elegance and what does Lord of the Rings have to do with any of it? :huh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm totally lost....how does type play into elegance and what does Lord of the Rings have to do with any of it? :huh:

Hehe, well the title might need some adjusting. I kinda find it amusing to use LOTR to compare the two NF types though, it's quite a good illustration, I find.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Cynical Sy feels cynical reading this topic.

And that's the last someone calls me fairy cause I'm an ENFP male btw!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the elegence only refers to the girls - us dicks don't count. :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I see Aragorn as an NFP. He was almost in denial about who he really was. He knew he was the heir to the throne of Gondor, but his fear of corruption and vulnerability to the ring (he had an internal struggle with the ring, too.) I just can't see him as a INFJ, sorry guys.

Cynical Sy feels cynical reading this topic.

And that's the last someone calls me fairy cause I'm an ENFP male btw!

Right on.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENFP sister is a very classy dresser. She has great taste in clothes and shoes and is always surprising me with some article of dress that I never would have considered. My style tends to be a bit over the top and cartoony.

We could both do 50s chic, but look entirely different.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i like to associate my image with somewhat of a martyr whereas yes nfps are more fairy like

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And for the record, I think Aragorn is a textbook INFJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean he's so INFJ it's painful. The crusading nature is roundly NF, but his motivation is Fe, not Fi. The elf princess however, to me, she seemed NFP. I believe Liv Tyler to be an ISFP, but played it NFP for the movie.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Make sure you jump to 9:10 in the first video before you start watching, and then watch the second video.

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 14

YouTube - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Part. 15

I love how Harry seems to be so boxed in, so deprived of hope. Then he summons up all his courage in that incredible look of determination he puts on at 9:25, stands up to Voldemort, and makes it out alive. Very courageous. And I know that a lot of people seem to disagree with Harry being an INFP. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's an INFP, and that clip right there is a great INFP moment period.

Interesting. I have a hard time typing Harry from the movies anyway. He is such a weak character that they almost write him like a video game character so that the viewer/player will have an easier time inserting themselves into the role. I think this is the way it is with the Potter movies: you are more supposed to insert yourself into the role, rather than view the movie as an outsider. That is why Harry seems like such a blank slate. I mean, I never have really believed even once that he has been excited, scared, happy, sad, etc. and it's not just because they're all kids/juveniles, and it's not because the story is poorly written. I truly think it is designed this way on purpose.

So, I guess I could see Harry as INFP, if the Fi just isn't very opinionated and doesn't feel strongly...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Interesting. I have a hard time typing Harry from the movies anyway. He is such a weak character that they almost write him like a video game character so that the viewer/player will have an easier time inserting themselves into the role. I think this is the way it is with the Potter movies: you are more supposed to insert yourself into the role, rather than view the movie as an outsider. That is why Harry seems like such a blank slate. I mean, I never have really believed even once that he has been excited, scared, happy, sad, etc. and it's not just because they're all kids/juveniles, and it's not because the story is poorly written. I truly think it is designed this way on purpose.

So, I guess I could see Harry as INFP, if the Fi just isn't very opinionated and doesn't feel strongly...

You are confusing the character and the book with the terrible acting of Daniel Radcliffe.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You are confusing the character and the book with the terrible acting of Daniel Radcliffe.

That is a good point. I had considered that, but I'm not sure that Radcliffe isn't actually doing a brilliant job of acting before of the role he's been given to play and the way he's been asked to portray it. It would be hard to go through all the things in all those movies and remain such a blank slate. I guess I would have to see at least several other movies he's acted in before I'd know for sure. Reading the scripts would probably help also, and perhaps there would be some insight I could gleam from director interviews if they're out there...

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think elegance tend to be more of a xNFJ trait, especially INFJ. I've had people use that exact word to describe me a surprising number of times. xNFPs have a special quality too -- I'm struggling to find the right word to sum it up -- INFPs in particular get this peaceful look of unguarded inner happiness and serenity that is really amazing to see... but I think in terms of straight-up elegance, us xNFJs have the market cornered :newwink:

Someone mentioned "Galadriel" and I had no idea who that was but Googled it and yup, she totally looks textbook INFJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The word you're looking for is 'innocence'.

For that matter, I say Pink is right: Aragorn is INFJ.

Frodo and Arwen both radiate innocence. Aragorn does not and neither does Galadriel. He has that tragic hero-thing going, the whole carrying the world on your shoulders and not feeling up to the task, a vulnerability for sure but he's got a certain grace in his way of being and the rep he's gotten as 'Strider' (which is when he's confident), much like Galadriel does. And Frodo is not to be called elegant. Arwen..might, but not in that dignified way which is typical for Galadriel.