• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xNFP's more elegant than xNFJ's?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL! A thread about j/p and which one is more elegants totally derails into Middle-Earth. Gotta love it... :D

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
And what about Sam? Sam seems to be an ISFJ to me. He's Frodo's guard, obeying everything he is told, and staying by his side almost the whole way.
I agree. Sam's definitely one of the ISFJ poster boys I've seen. The master of duty and devotion.

It's weird you said that about NFPs being the purest types. I've thought that about NFJs. Not that NFPs would be corrupted or tempted by power per se, but that it seems like NFPs are more susceptible to things like addiction and getting into things that NFJs would judge face point as bad.
I don't see addiction to drugs as a sign of being corrupted at all. I think it would be more accurate to say that NFPs are more susceptible to indulgence, but not corruption.

I can't speak for all NFP's, but the ones I've met seem to just be so focused on being true to themselves and being loyal to their friends.

I, on the other hand, have always been tempted by the more superficial things like respect, prestige, and power. I can see myself and other NFJ's being corrupted by those things. I can't see NFP's falling prey to that kind of shallowness, though. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings was the same way. She desired power. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people mistype her as INTJ, seeing as people don't seem realize that INFJ's are, in fact, VERY capable of becoming power-hungry.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just put Arwen vs Galadriel.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
We might have another Dumbledore case. Galadriel is a better representation of a seasoned INFJ.
Oh, I don't doubt for a second that Dumbledore was an INTJ. I just think that he seemed to play the mentor role so well, and had a certain spiritual understanding which suggested that he spent plenty of time developing his F.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I agree. Sam's definitely one of the ISFJ poster boys I've seen.

I don't see addiction to drugs as a sign of being corrupted at all. I think it would be more accurate to say that NFPs are more susceptible to indulgence, but not corruption.

I can't speak for all NFP's, but the ones I've met seem to just be so focused on being true to themselves and being loyal to their friends.

I, on the other hand, have always been tempted by the more superficial things like respect, prestige, and power. I can see myself and other NFJ's being corrupted by those things. I can't see NFP's falling prey to that kind of shallowness, though. Galadriel from Lord of the Rings was the same way. She desired power. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people mistype her as INTJ, seeing as people don't seem realize that INFJ's are, in fact, VERY capable of becoming power-hungry.

Oh, yes. I see exactly what you mean.

Perhaps, in a nutshell, the whole thing is NF based? Maybe we are all vulnerable to our heart's desire?

Leave it to the NTs to be the clean ones :jew:

Galadriel was totally an INFJ. You have to get past the whole being bewitched and power hungry thing for the ring that she wanted and look at how helpful, wise, mystical, and beautiful she was as a character. Even she was vulnerable because of her hearts contempt. I don't see how anyone can see her as an INTJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What the hell is this thread about?:confused::crazy::chicken::wtf:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

She may had realized that falling prey to her power-cravings will be an unforgivable disappointment her people.

LOL! A thread about j/p and which one is more elegants totally derails into Middle-Earth. Gotta love it... :D

:doh: Hahaha! I completely forgot that TypologyCentral doesn't allow threads to become off-topic.

However, we're sort of using Middle Earth as an analogy for the NFP vs. NFJ difference.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
maybe someone meant to say "ethereal" instead of "elegant"??? I could totally see NFP's winning the "ethereal" designation. but "elegant", yeah no way.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Leave it to the NTs to be the clean ones
Lol, I wouldn't say that. If I were to say that NFJ's are somewhat vulnerable to getting lost in a desire for power, NTJ's are destined
to start going after that pursuit of power.

Sauron and Voldermort are supreme examples of NTJ's getting lost in that pursuit.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
maybe someone meant to say "ethereal" instead of "elegant"??? I could totally see NFP's winning the "ethereal" designation. but "elegant", yeah no way.
Eh? I would think that INFJ's are quite ethereal, too...

Wasn't Galadriel quite ethereal?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh, yeah. :doh: Arwen is clearly an NFP.

LOL. Well, there we have it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lol, I wouldn't say that. If I were to say that NFJ's are somewhat vulnerable to getting lost in a desire for power, NTJ's are destined
to start going after that pursuit of power.

Sauron and Voldermort are supreme examples of NTJ's getting lost in that pursuit.

Agreed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Think what he means is that NFJs tend to look more purposeful, and therefore seem more present. Whereas NFPs can be quite oblivious to the world and almost off on another one.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Yes, she was.

Personally, if I were to a decision, I'd say that NFJs are more ethereal than NFPs. But that's just how I see it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Think what he means is that NFJs tend to look more purposeful, and therefore seem more present. Whereas NFPs can be quite oblivious to the world and almost off on another one.

Good point. very good point.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Think what he means is that NFJs tend to look more purposeful, and therefore seem more present.
People tend to look in my eyes and tell me that I seem like a pothead.