• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] The Fi game

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Insincere compliments.

Like, when people compliment others for the hell of it. This is prevalent among many girls. It irritates me and I don't know why.

Oh yeah and bad coffee.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
All languages evolve for the sake of economy. As far as 'not appropriate', you are correct. But not colloquially inappropriate. Eventually the rules will most certainly have to catch up with the nature of communication. As it stands now, there are many new symbols/words that articulate an idea far better and much more efficiently than what the rules will allow. Example: "He got schooled." Articulate the idea behind that phrase while implementing the rules. Go ahead:) Compose it's equivalent while following the rules.

Actually, that sentence is grammatically correct.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not fond of small talk over the telephone. Seems pointless.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'm not fond of small talk over the telephone. Seems pointless.

:yes: I completely agree with that.

I don't like it when people talk with a mouth full of food, it's kind of gross. It makes me cringe.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
When I encounter things that remind me of past mistakes. I simply become hellishly anxious and get the urge to bang my head against the wall. Admittedly its good therapy (interrupting your thoughts by hitting your head against an object).

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Paper. And cardboard. All grainy-feeling wood products. The texture drives me insane, and I have to use it every day. [shudder]

The pseudo-term "irregardless." Although that actually may be justified.

Cacophonous ambient noises while I'm trying to concentrate on something - I don't notice what's bothering me at first, just that something's distracting me (severe lack of Sensing, I guess). I then look around to see that people are laughing loudly, the TV/radio's blasing, cell phones are ringing, etc. One of many reasons I avoid overly-social environments altogether.

Oh! And Bollywood films. Self-explanatory.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
newsdominospasta.jpg

I hate these with a passion. So vile. Why would anyone do that? I mean seriously who makes this shit up?

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
^

Have you tried them before, Poppy? Just curious.

It's a really stupid idea, yeah. I ordered one out of curiosity, but didn't really like it. Chicken Alfredo...and that's to be eaten with pizza crust or something? I thought, WTF.

:L

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
^

It's a really stupid idea, yeah. I ordered one out of curiosity, but didn't really like it. Chicken Alfredo...and that's to be eaten with pizza crust or something? I thought, WTF.

Nope, I would never even consider trying one, hence the irrationality of my hatred :laugh:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
When people do something just because it's popular, even though deep inside they know it's not supporting their beliefs.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When people misinterpret Fi :devil:

I guess this is a pet peeve thread....

Things which annoy me for no solid reason: animals in clothing, babies allowed to run around in just a diaper, people wearing sweats/pajama-like clothes in public, tomboys, mispronunciations like "pitcher" for picture, "ax" for ask, and dropping Ts (inTeresting, not inNeresting), and people who stand too close to you in line.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
and people who stand too close to you in line.

Yeah, I'm thinking 'give me some damn space'. Then I purposely look in the person's direction (not at his face) and if someone I know is behind them, I call out to that someone loudly just in order to annoy the person standing behind me.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.

Worse: people who abuse the -ly suffix. Movie reviewers, I'm looking right at you. No, "hilariously," "enchantingly," and "pulse-poundingly" are NOT words. Don't you people have a thesaurus somewhere around your writing desk?

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
^

Actually, I make chicken alfredo pizzas sometimes at work... they're delicious! :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
name something you don't like, not for any rational or consciously idealistic reason but simply because it gives you the heebies.

I haven't been paying attention to my intense dislikes for so long I've forgotten what many of them were. I don't dwell on hatred, I would much rather do something about it.

Re-jogging my memory...

The Hit List
1. David Deangelo. (I would personally I enjoy snuffing him out.)
2. More male dating-gurus focused on getting women.
3. Anyone trying to sell a broken refrigerator (figuratively) with emotional terminology. (Your persuasive tactics are futile.)
4. Or simply anyone trying to use a pathos appeal where it doesn't belong. (Give me the facts and the logic. I will decide the personal value on my own, thanks. There's no need to sell when I believe it's already good.)
5. Mothers against [insert a movement].
6. Movie Mom Reviews.
7. Over-protective Feminist-Extremist Moms. (This gives the feminist group a negative name.)
8. Having to say that every MBTI type is capable of doing X when it's unnecessary -- i.e, everyone in the room already understands. (Thank-you, Captain Obvious, for this brilliant observation.)
9. The Damsels in Distress passively waiting for their Knight In Shinning Armor.
10. Anti-Barack-Obama-ists, solely b/c they believe he's not an American citizen and a terrorist in disguise. Their sole purpose revolves around debunking this 'myth'. (Who cares where he came from. What happened to critiquing his decisions?)
11. Nagging. (Because repetition will definitively make me move faster than I already am.)
12. An infant's cries.
13. Answering questions by answering an irrelevant/off-topic question (in arguments).
14. Forced compliments. (When you're not complimenting, you're now regarded as an arse.)
Insincere compliments. Like, when people compliment others for the hell of it. This is prevalent among many girls. It irritates me and I don't know why.
15. Forced interest or friendliness. (When you're not showing interest or friendliness, you're now regarded as a major arse.)
16. Forced apologies. (When you're not apologizing, you're now regarded as a despicable human being.)
17. Forced (value) agreements - example: my friends are your friends; my enemies are your enemies. (When you're not agreeing, RUN!)
18. Having to always say "no offense" when speaking in a typical all-female congregation. (Shouldn't it be obvious?)
19. Keeping a 'nice' image when you have cutthroat intentions. (Again, prevalent amongst female groups.)
20. Booby-trap topics in female-female discussions. (Re: weight, beauty, age, relationship status, etc.)
21. Pity votes.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Having to use grade 1 language in order to, at least half decently, communicate with another group at work, and having to worry that you're sounding like an ass hole in the process.