• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] The Fi game

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
when I'm working I hate when people swipe their credit card and I don't see them do it and they don't tell me they've used a credit card, and keep staring at the machine instead of telling me how they're paying...I think it's fucking rude, and of course it isn't rude, because they probably imagine that it pops up on my cashier computer screen, or that it's inferred, but it drives me NUTS

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It might be worth it to you to get a stand-up sign saying, "Please say if you're paying by credit card," though of course you'd have to clear it with management.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It might be worth it to you to get a stand-up sign saying, "Please say if you're paying by credit card," though of course you'd have to clear it with management.

I just don't like having my humanity ignored. If they wanted to go through the fucking U-Scan self check out they should do that. I know this is Fi and not Fe, because there's nothing actually rude about what these people are doing. I don't know of too many other cashiers who are bothered by it enough to express it vocally. The only time that it's logically a problem is when it's food stamps, and I assume it's credit. It's really not a big deal. But I hate it. I take it personally or something. I want to punch people when they just keep staring at the little card swiping machine. I don't know why. It makes no sense. Totally Fi.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just don't like having my humanity ignored. If they wanted to go through the fucking U-Scan self check out they should do that.

But see, at the same time, you know that they're not psychic -- so you're beating yourself up for your own feelings! This is not a comfortable place to live in, and there's an easy point of high leverage for changing the dynamic by communicating to them that you don't know what they're doing (but in a positive, please-do-this kind of way). Maybe "Please say if you're paying by food stamps" would be more effective, I don't know, but it really sounds to me like you could use some kind of sign.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
when I'm working I hate when people swipe their credit card and I don't see them do it and they don't tell me they've used a credit card, and keep staring at the machine instead of telling me how they're paying...I think it's fucking rude, and of course it isn't rude, because they probably imagine that it pops up on my cashier computer screen, or that it's inferred, but it drives me NUTS
Don't get me started on my stories of misery while working in retail. They're endless.

Speaking of needing to be psychic: an example:

Me: "Hi"
Customer: "Pack of cigarettes, thanks"
Me: (clenching jaw) "What sort would you like?"
Customer: "I don't know - Marlboro"
*I reach for a pack of red Marlboro 20s*
Customer: "NO! Lights!"
Me: "Sorry"
*I reach for 20 lights*
Customer: "No, I want 25s!"

:ng_mad:

Ordinary human beings can be such wankers.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But see, at the same time, you know that they're not psychic -- so you're beating yourself up for your own feelings! This is not a comfortable place to live in, and there's an easy point of high leverage for changing the dynamic by communicating to them that you don't know what they're doing (but in a positive, please-do-this kind of way). Maybe "Please say if you're paying by food stamps" would be more effective, I don't know, but it really sounds to me like you could use some kind of sign.

I do. I say 'what are you using?' I'm actually fairly assertive. And when I end up running food stamps as credit and it fails, I'll even give them a detailed spiel on how they need to tell me what they're using. But I don't want to be rude to people because they're paying with food stamps. The credit card people annoy me just as much, if not even more, for some bizarre reason.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't get me started on my stories of misery while working in retail. They're endless.

Speaking of needing to be psychic: an example:

Me: "Hi"
Customer: "Pack of cigarettes, thanks"
Me: (clenching jaw) "What sort would you like?"
Customer: "I don't know - Marlboro"
*I reach for a pack of red Marlboro 20s*
Customer: "NO! Lights!"
*I reach for 20 lights*
Customer: "No, I want 25s!"

:ng_mad:

Ordinary human beings can be such wankers.

I've come to the conclusion that just about all people in general are a bunch of silly hypocrites.

And some people in particular are just intolerably stupid children running around in adult bodies.
:steam:

Thing is, I enjoy talking to the "nice" customers. I can even have fun at work sometimes. But if I get too many wankers in a row it really stresses me out. I hate that it gets to me, I wish I was one of those people that could totally ignore it, but I'm not. Yay. Fi. :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I also should have added here that some people, even when I ask 'what are you using?', will just continuing staring at the machine as if though that were an adequate response. That really makes me irate.:angry:

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've come to the conclusion that just about all people in general are a bunch of silly hypocrites.

And some people in particular are just intolerably stupid children running around in adult bodies.
:steam:

My default assumption is that people will be self-centered and thoughtless. I only allow myself to seek another explanation for ill behavior if that doesn't do it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My default assumption is that people will be self-centered and thoughtless. I only allow myself to seek another explanation for ill behavior if that doesn't do it.

Yeah, well, it's much easier for me to be philosophical about it when I'm not working with the public in a low-paying customer service position.