• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] The Fi game

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People who say 'somethink' instead of 'something'. :ranting:

This phenomena may be limited to some New Zealanders (due to our generally lazy pronounciation of the English language) and British people (who seem to think it necessary to pronounce the 'g' rather like a 'k'), either way, it seriously annoys me.

sculpting

When people misinterpret Fi :devil:

I guess this is a pet peeve thread....

Things which annoy me for no solid reason: animals in clothing, babies allowed to run around in just a diaper, people wearing sweats/pajama-like clothes in public, tomboys, mispronunciations like "pitcher" for picture, "ax" for ask, and dropping Ts (inTeresting, not inNeresting), and people who stand too close to you in line.

my toddler also feels very strongly all babies should not just wear diapers. When he was little I would take him out in just diapers and he would scream "clothes mommy, clothes" He is an IXTJ.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When people claim to be good at something when they are clearly not. It takes ALL my willpower not to be like "Shut up, you suck."

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I hate when I have two close friends who are dating each other and when the other partner isn't around they refer to them as "my boyfriend" or "my girlfriend" instead of their first name.

Ex:
Me: "Hey, what are you up to this weekend, wanna hang out?"
them: "Oh, I can't. I told my boyfriend we would go to a movie."

you could EASILY say 'Mark'

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate when I have two close friends who are dating each other and when the other partner isn't around they refer to them as "my boyfriend" or "my girlfriend" instead of their first name.

Ex:

:rofl1: That would drive me NUTS!

D

Dali

Ex:

Oh, man, this reminds me of why I don't quite like it when two of my close friends hook up. Things get weird.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phony greetings at work, such as, "Hey! How was your weekend?" when the person clearly doesn't give a shit how your weekend went.

On a practical and intellectual level, I understand the utility of these kinds of greetings, but I don't know if I will ever be fully comfortable using or receiving them.

Low "Fe", maybe? I don't know.

I only use them when I actually mean it, which makes some people think I'm cold and unfriendly.

Ha. I just had an outburst this afternoon with a co-worker who plagues me with that crap about my weekend. I said "I hate that question! Stop asking me about my weekend, what I did with my weekend, what I'm planning to do with my weekend! Leave me alone about my weekend!" It drives me nuts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paper. And cardboard. All grainy-feeling wood products. The texture drives me insane, and I have to use it every day. [shudder]

ooohhh...me too
The pseudo-term "irregardless." Although that actually may be justified.
hate that too.

and i have issues with certain noises too...like in progressive house music...that damn repetitive noise that builds up or whatever...actually any repetitive noise i hate...

and i really hate condescension...

sonickel77

MBTI Type
INTP
Lifelong hatreds/ fears:
"Dip" road signs
Diamond shapes
Curvy/ wavy edges to objects
House numbers with palm trees next to them!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Peace Signs are too overrated. Every teenage girl wears one on her lunch box, backpack, 8 out 10 of her shirts, on her earrings, on her bracelet, on her myspace, and it never ends! I guess yuppies are in. It's fucking annoying.

People who like the Beatles because they think it makes them cool, earns them some friends, and some compliments on their Abbey Road t-shirt. They don't even FEEL the music! It's all pretentious bullshit that they think will get them somewhere.

Shoot me now. Ugh.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Polka dots.
The color pink.
Whining of any kind.
Hardcore gaming (creeps me out)
Female characters (hello lack of depth)

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Polka dots.
The color pink.
Whining of any kind.
Hardcore gaming (creeps me out)
Female characters (hello lack of depth)

Agreed... i also dislike many female comedians before i even hear them tell a joke.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
People who use adjectives in place of adverbs. OOooohh... That really is a good way to get me steamed.

Worse: people who abuse the -ly suffix. Movie reviewers, I'm looking right at you. No, "hilariously," "enchantingly," and "pulse-poundingly" are NOT words. Don't you people have a thesaurus somewhere around your writing desk?

It should obviously be "She runs fastly."

*Realizes Elaur was being sarcastic, and discretely hides the rock.*

Peace Signs are too overrated. Every teenage girl wears one on her lunch box, backpack, 8 out 10 of her shirts, on her earrings, on her bracelet, on her myspace, and it never ends! I guess yuppies are in. It's fucking annoying.

People who like the Beatles because they think it makes them cool, earns them some friends, and some compliments on their Abbey Road t-shirt. They don't even FEEL the music! It's all pretentious bullshit that they think will get them somewhere.

Shoot me now. Ugh.

Oh, did you hear about the new Beatles Rock Band coming out this fall??

Which reminds me of another peeve: games that look like crap to me, but get overwhelming praise from critics. The Beatles: Rock Band is one of those games.

Critics praise it because it's OMG THE BEATLES! I ignore it because even at their most stoned, the real Beatles would still be more authentic then their Rock Band clones. It's hard for me to like a game about them when they just stand there bobbing up and down like robots, glancing around with that distant CGI glaze in their eyes, mechanically animating only on certain parts of certain songs. Even PS2 was able to pull off better than that; the first Guitar Hero's characters were unmistakably in the moment on every song.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ha. I just had an outburst this afternoon with a co-worker who plagues me with that crap about my weekend. I said "I hate that question! Stop asking me about my weekend, what I did with my weekend, what I'm planning to do with my weekend! Leave me alone about my weekend!" It drives me nuts.

He or she is just trying to establish a personal connection with you. I've actually grown in the opposite direction: I'm proud of learning to remember to ask it back, instead of just answering and leaving it at that.

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
touching cold items(I have to brace for it every time)
The sound of sand paper in use
The thought of a fork in between my two front teeth(the experience isn't so bad as the thought...)

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Lots of people talked about physically feeling things.. wonder if there is a connection behind that?

I can't stand the feeling of running my hand over a screen or rubbing my hand on a carpet or rug.. it makes me cringeeee