• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] INFPs versus ENFPs

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I obviously love my INFP. :wubbie:

But, I was just thinking about his sister - who tested as an ENFP. She kind of drives me nuts. She's almost spastic sometimes with her goofiness. She talks over the top of people and ALWAYS needs to be the center of attention. She holds grudges against people and makes judgements about people that are WAY out there, based on what she perceives. She is extremely controlling too. I think that she is immature, but how much of that is her personality?

It's only one letter difference, why does it seem like an ocean between the two?

Well, and you should keep in my mind that I'm an ISFJ as well, I suppose. :D I suppose I have a flaw or two...:peepwall:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, personally, that doesn't sound too much like an ENFP. Yes, sometimes ENFPs like to be the center of attention (guilty :(), but making judgements on people who are way out there doesn't seem like much of an ENFP thing, but I could be wrong. I know I stand for maybe a few other ENFPs when I say that we are possibly the wackiest of wacky (or maybe that's just me, LOL) and controlling is never something I seek. I loathe control. I'm not just saying that to argue my point, because I honestly hate being the catalyst in any reaction that even thinks about jeopardizing someones well being, emotions, etc etc.

But then again, she could be an ENFP. All I can say is- learn from her. You can't change others. You can try, but that is not something worth your time. She is she, and you are you. If you don't want anything to do with her, than don't. And also remember that MBTI has little to do with these traits you are describing.

So don't worry too much about it. I can understand where you are coming from. Maybe she is typed wrong? Maybe you should learn to live with her and gain some patience. Maybe she needs to learn a thing or two? I don't know.

I hope this helps. :)

Dex

Hey there
When it comes to enfp infps,it shouldnt be a versus, but a plus!
I have yet to know an ENFP with grudges and controlling traits.Actually,my experience with them has been all the opposite..
From what you tell us,she is probably still in the process of taming her extraverted intuition,which might be something many enfps deal with in their teens..
On the E/I dichotomy,some authors (Kiersey) think is the least important,while others may disagree..
dont carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, isfj ;)

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is another case where it might be more illuminating to look at their enneagrams, since that system accounts for levels of health.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is another case where it might be more illuminating to look at their enneagrams, since that system accounts for levels of health.

I am not sure what the enneagrams are. I went to the link you provided and the test there costs $10. Does anyone know of a free one?

Now I'm feeling a little guilty because I attributed negative personality traits with a personality type. :huh: I guess I'd just like to understand her.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Try the free RHETI sampler. It was enough to reveal that I'm a type 9, since my result was basically 1 through 6, and randomly uninterpretable results are typical of 9s.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Now I'm feeling a little guilty because I attributed negative personality traits with a personality type. :huh: I guess I'd just like to understand her.

Don't worry. It was pretty clear that you just wanted to check whether this was type related. No misunderstanding there :).

For enneagrams, I always liked this one: 9 Types

ENFPs are usually type 7s.

There's some interesting stuff on enneagram-MBTi correlations from the RHETI test here also. (I wonder if there has been any more recent studies with more data. These things seem to vary a lot too. So you need to read a few different ones to get an idea.)

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's some fascinating stuff, noigmn! Sure enough, an INFP is most commonly a 4 or 9; and my life is dominated right now by my acceptingness, which I've felt is a crucial part of why I seem so much healthier right now than in the past. Thank you for those links, which validate how I perceive current events.