• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP and Pageants

Hunni518

MBTI Type
ISFJ
For other girl INFP's:

I am a pageant princess. I've never won, but with a lot of training, I was able to win interview competitions and was not shy on stage at all. Is this typical for other INFP's or is it just me? I feel like people like me and appreciate me when I'm in a pageant. And I also have a sincere desire to serve my community and be a calm spirit to represent my city/state/country. Are pageants natural for INFP's to participate in or is this completely out of reach for me?

I basically want to win so badly because then I will know that everyone liked me. And I love glittery stuff and helping people.

Comments?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if it's "natural", and I wouldn't guess it to be a "typical" INFP interest, however INFPs can supposedly make good actors (which seems related to pageants, IMO). I imagine the ability to perform and engage comes from having a very complex imagination and exhibiting a genuine personable quality (when we're comfortable to do so).

It seems like a very positive thing that you have the confidence to do this and the ability to show your true, warm inner self to strangers. A lot of INFPs seem to have the desire to help people and a sincere interest in reaching out, but they allow insecurities to hold them back.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I first met my INFP SO he told me a little bit about being in plays and stuff, but I was surprised to find out just how many plays and awards he has locally won. He is shy, but has no stage fright.

I, on the other hand, have tons of stage fright..go figure. He is our designated speech giver.

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
I am exactly like that Tewt, I have no stage fright. In fact I love being on stage. I love acting and singing and giving speeches. I've always wanted to be in pageants, never have been though. I am shy but I love these activities because I can connect with people emotionally through my acting, singing or even giving a speech.

heart

heart on fire
Sounds like a nightmare to me...

I have to ask, do you think you are introverted or just a shy extrovert?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've never been shy on stage. In fact, I used to feel more confident on stage than I did in one on one interactions. I used to be a dancer, so I relate.

It's a good question because I've bounced back and forth between INFP and ENFP.

Hunni518

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sounds like a nightmare to me...

I have to ask, do you think you are introverted or just a shy extrovert?

I was an ENFP in high school but I seclude myself and have become an INFP in the last few years. I have traits of both, but the INFP is the definite best fit for my personality.