• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne pillow talk?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'd rather get something for us to eat and drink. Keep it earthy.

Yeah, my new fella is an S earthy type, which is why I wanted to hear about anyone else experience with nfp pillow talk.

It's good anyway, since I need random data to spark my chatterbox tendencies and he provides plenty of that even if it is anchored in reality.

i close my eyes and then respond. there are thoughts zooming in my head like crazy but i cant seem to grab any of them

but my pillowmate, Ni fueled Fe, loves to bring up the most personal of thoughts and maan, that can get just a lil crazy...i think i should be nicer to her...the hell OP, look what you made me do; now im thinking about how i gotta be nicer to the girl!!!!!!!!

Then this thread, which didn't even have such grand ambitions, has done it's job. :D
:shock:

It's not like I'm quiet during sex... but usually I like the quiet that comes after it and/or falling asleep next to someone... or feeling them fall asleep against me even if I'm wide awake. It's so peaceful and leaves me feeling good.

If someone kept talking, I'd probably get up and go watch TV.

Yeah, that's far more me than what the NFs seem to be saying about themselves.

:blush: Damn it, I hope some people find it endearing.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:blush: Damn it, I hope some people find it endearing.

To be perfectly honest, I don't. At all. I can't stand a chatterbox, especially when I'm trying to sleep since I sleep so seldom. I don't like hearing people talk when I am working either. Or when I am thinking. Or listening to music. So, that's pretty much all the time. I like talking, in general, but only about things that interest me. If you are going on and on about your day, I'll probably smile and nod while my eyes glaze over and I plot my escape. I really have absolutely no interest. Selfish, I know. But that's just who I am.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I can stay up all night with pillow talk, if I'm allowed to, but my wife usually starts cussing me out in some kind of half sleep hysteria around 10PM.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
To be perfectly honest, I don't. At all. I can't stand a chatterbox, especially when I'm trying to sleep since I sleep so seldom. I don't like hearing people talk when I am working either. Or when I am thinking. Or listening to music. So, that's pretty much all the time. I like talking, in general, but only about things that interest me. If you are going on and on about your day, I'll probably smile and nod while my eyes glaze over and I plot my escape. I really have absolutely no interest. Selfish, I know. But that's just who I am.

That's not what I talk about, I find life booooooooring and glaze over when people start going on about their day too.

I'm busy chattering about theories, ideas, discoveries, plans, stuff like that. Nothing concrete really, just chatter.

Well, hopefully someone (not you ;)) else would find it endearing, I certainly do.

I found your example of what would happen if you started getting hyper about a topic in bed, and this forcing you up to start drawing diagrams and what not, highly endearing. :smile:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I LOVE pillow talk... actually who am I kidding I just love talking period! But yea there is something bout talking to someone late into the night that I actually prefer.. I mean I will always talk about the bizzare but it just seems that there is something in the night air that makes them open up about the starnge and curious! :D:D:D LOVE IT!!! Hey Berb fancy pulling up a pillor :wubbie:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I found your example of what would happen if you started getting hyper about a topic in bed, and this forcing you up to start drawing diagrams and what not, highly endearing. :smile:

I just mean that there is a time and place for everything... Like I said, I don't mind brief quiet, romantic talk or something of the sort in bed. But planning a trip, talking about your mom's health or even theories on evolution is just too much for me... especially if we just had sex. I want a sandwich and some quiet.

But then again, you must know that I can't fall asleep to music either. I will stay up and listen to every single nuance. Shutting off the brain is hard for an Ne dom, as I'm sure you know. Sex allows me to do just that. I don't like when people ruin my one shot at sleep.

EDIT: note to self - don't sleep with any (more) ENFPs.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I LOVE pillow talk... actually who am I kidding I just love talking period! But yea there is something bout talking to someone late into the night that I actually prefer.. I mean I will always talk about the bizzare but it just seems that there is something in the night air that makes them open up about the starnge and curious! them open up about the starnge and curious! :D:D:D LOVE IT!!!

Yes yes, this is what it is. :yes: I find more people open at that time, more in sync with the insane world I live in most of the time. It's awesome. :cool:

Hey Berb fancy pulling up a pillor :wubbie:

Heh, bet I could out talk you though. :wubbie:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I just mean that there is a time and place for everything... Like I said, I don't mind brief quiet, romantic talk or something of the sort in bed. But planning a trip, talking about your mom's health or even theories on evolution is just too much for me... especially if we just had sex. I want a sandwich and some quiet.

But then again, you must know that I can't fall asleep to music either. I will stay up and listen to every single nuance. Shutting off the brain is hard for an Ne dom, as I'm sure you know. Sex allows me to do just that. I don't like when people ruin my one shot at sleep.

EDIT: note to self - don't sleep with any (more) ENFPs.

Haha yeah, sounds like a very wise plan. ;)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes yes, this is what it is. :yes: I find more people open at that time, more in sync with the insane world I live in most of the time. It's awesome. :cool:

Heh, bet I could out talk you though. :wubbie:

I don't mind being out talked by you Berb! ;) :D

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmmm.... I'm definitely a more mellow person after so while some soft pillow talk is great and encouraged, no huge discoveries should be shared with me at the time. I'm looking to just enjoy some silence together, look into the person's eyes, take in what we just did and slowly drift off to sleep. That's pretty close to perfect to me.

In the morning, I'll make breakfast and am happy to put the gloves back on and chatter away.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I call shenanigans! I believe just about EVERYONE is capable of an all night pillow talk session from time to time. Fess up, people. You may not do it every night, but you KNOW you've done it!

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Staying up all night talking with someone and talking after sex are sort of two different things. Both are lovely, intense experiences -- I just like them to be separated usually. I'd like to do justice to both, the conversation and the ideas being shared or the physical experience. I'm not a multi-tasker in this area....

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
After sex my brain is numb.

Trying to sleep, usually I don't want to talk. I like staying up late talking, just not usually in bed.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Staying up all night talking with someone and talking after sex are sort of two different things. Both are lovely, intense experiences -- I just like them to be separated usually. I'd like to do justice to both, the conversation and the ideas being shared or the physical experience. I'm not a multi-tasker in this area....

Fair enough. For me, it's possible to make love, and then shut-up but impossible to stay up all night talking without making love at least once.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Fair enough. For me, it's possible to make love, and then shut-up but impossible to stay up all night talking without making love at least once.

you are such a sap.
:hug:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
After sex I'm energized, I'm more alive I feel, out of my shell. Up until I have sex I am restrained, a large part of me is kept locked away all day in the real world and sex unlocks that part and I'm open to sharing more intimacy.

The conversation is intimate to me, since I don't often relax in that way around anyone. I can stay up all night talking with no sex, but it won't be the same as the kind of closeness I'm seeking in my conversations, as I can have once I have relaxed.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ew at a man's penis being the key to unlock your secret world lol ;p

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

:nice: Each one to her/his own.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can stay up all night with pillow talk, if I'm allowed to, but my wife usually starts cussing me out in some kind of half sleep hysteria around 10PM.

10PM??? That's like, dinner-time!

I LOVE pillow talk... actually who am I kidding I just love talking period! But yea there is something bout talking to someone late into the night that I actually prefer.. I mean I will always talk about the bizzare but it just seems that there is something in the night air that makes them open up about the starnge and curious! :D:D:D LOVE IT!!! Hey Berb fancy pulling up a pillor :wubbie:

Just to clarify, I do like staying really late talking to people. (and I'm a nite owl by temperament.)

I just don't necessarily like to do it right after having sex.

ew at a man's penis being the key to unlock your secret world lol ;p

I want to make some tacky joke about skeleton / master keys but I'm not sure where to go with it!

I call shenanigans! I believe just about EVERYONE is capable of an all night pillow talk session from time to time. Fess up, people. You may not do it every night, but you KNOW you've done it!

next thing we know, you'll be daring us all to prove you wrong.

(... oh, I know all your little tricks!)

After sex I'm energized, I'm more alive I feel, out of my shell. Up until I have sex I am restrained, a large part of me is kept locked away all day in the real world and sex unlocks that part and I'm open to sharing more intimacy.

See, I was wondering about that, since I think some people are far more protective of their feelings. I'm usually just fine with talking about intimate stuff at any time of the day, so the "sex" thang just doesn't open any new doors for me.

I don't need to that context in order to be emotionally intimate, so sex can sort of happen on its own terms.