• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Question for animal luvers and pet owners

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
This might sound silly but have you ever noticed personality/animality tendencies with your pets?

I noticed introverted and extroverted tendencies easily, and even thinking and feeling preferences.

This ones an extroverted thinker, quite a rascal and trouble maker actually
picture.php

picture.php

This guys an introverted feeler, quiet and sensitive, but strong.
picture.php

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Cool thread. I've always thought of making a thread like this, but it looks like there is already one.

I have crudely typed my dog from the little personality I can see through her normal instincts. I have came to the conclusion (with the scraps of information I have gathered) that she is an ISFP.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My dog - German shepard. 100% feeler, introverted. 100% lazy. Intuitive.
My sisters dog - Golden Ret. Chow mix. Hard to type.. he's the stereotypical alpha-male dog though, and he's a daddy's boy (real attached to my father - the head of the house.) Very protective of the rest of the dogs we have.
My mom's two dogs - Japanese Chins. One is 100% extroverted. The other is a very prissy dog that's hopelessly in love with my dog despite the drastic height difference.
My other sister's dog - White Lab mix. ISFJ. And everything that embodies an ISFJ. Very mom material.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, my boyfriend's cats are all very different:

P - Likes to go outside. Very talkative and will let you know when she wants your attention and literally grumbles at you when irritable. A little high strung and cautious and highly autonomous (more than is usual for a cat). Calculating in an unmanipulative way (meaning, if she were near human intelligence, she would probably be a chess master or anyone who works with strategic planning and coordination).

R - Lazy. Eats too much because she just really enjoys eating. Loves attention and pets especially if they occur while eating or scratching. General understanding of how human objects work (can and will open doors). Very quiet and unassuming. Afflicted with schizophrenic/hallucinogenic episodes at random in which her pupils dialate regardless of whether or not the lighting conditions would make sense for it, runs around the house as fast as possible, jumps up on a chair, tenses up, and looks around wildly in a way that resembles a hyperactive owl. The episodes pose no harm to herself and others aside from being a little disturbing to watch the first time you see them.

M - Manipulative. Very afraid of strangers for some reason. Demanding. Your classic drama queen and diva. I suspect she dislikes me because I see through her ruse and will not be swayed by mewed demands. Likes to trick people into petting her belly by rolling over on her back and sticking her legs up in the air, when in fact she hates being touched there and will maul any hand that comes close.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
P - Likes to go outside. Very talkative and will let you know when she wants your attention and literally grumbles at you when irritable. A little high strung and cautious and highly autonomous (more than is usual for a cat). Calculating in an unmanipulative way (meaning, if she were near human intelligence, she would probably be a chess master or anyone who works with strategic planning and coordination).

R - Lazy. Eats too much because she just really enjoys eating. Loves attention and pets especially if they occur while eating or scratching. General understanding of how human objects work (can and will open doors). Very quiet and unassuming. Afflicted with schizophrenic/hallucinogenic episodes at random in which her pupils dialate regardless of whether or not the lighting conditions would make sense for it, runs around the house as fast as possible, jumps up on a chair, tenses up, and looks around wildly in a way that resembles a hyperactive owl. The episodes pose no harm to herself and others aside from being a little disturbing to watch the first time you see them.

lol!!! I've highlighted the pieces from both of these two that fit my cat! (the latter piece -- the 'schizophrenic' episodes - haha - I always just conclude she has a sudden burst of adrenaline or something in her body, and tend to think it's when she has too much pent-up energy that she doesn't know what to do with - she becomes extra sensitive to little noises, and hyperactive, running around. Sometimes I play into that, and move my foot or something, which causes her to dash off somewhere else. I call her 'crazy cat' when she starts doing this)

I've enjoyed coming to an understanding of my cat over the past 7 yrs, and I love it that she still displays new traits and comes up with new 'routines'. She's an attention whore, but also really, really sweet. She's cautious of new people, but not afraid of them. *Very* talkative, in fact I like talking back to her because I know what all of her various meows and noises mean and the act of my talking to her makes her respond in turn. She's recently become infatuated with going outside - this is my first residence where I've had direct access to the outdoors, and there's a little courtyard. She's taken to complaining, mewling, almost yowling (very subdued version of it) and begging a few times a day, trying to reach for the door handle, as she wants to go out. So I'll go out with her once or twice a day, for maybe 10 minutes each time. She's good, though - I've somewhat trained her, so she'll listen to what I say, and she definitely knows the word 'No', and for the most part listens to me when I tell her 'No'.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My brother thinks our Labrador Retriever / Golden Retriever mix is an ESFJ, but I say she is an ESFP. She seems far more P than J to me...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mother's cats

*Peaches, the Beloved Notorious: ISTJ (family favorite, this one)

*Sassy, Spawn of Peaches: ENFJ

*Mr. Smooch, Resident Gentleman and FancyMan: ISFJ

*Bonhomie, Gentle Philosopher and Acolyte: INFP in spades

*Moxie, Brother of Bonhomie and a Total Unicorn Rider: INFJ

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I think it's strange/funny that the two "type your pet" threads were both started by INTJs.

I think my last cat (rest his soul) was ISTP. He ate scorpions.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's strange/funny that the two "type your pet" threads were both started by INTJs.

I think my last cat (rest his soul) was ISTP. He ate scorpions.

Socionics tells us that the INTp and ISTp hidden agenda is to love, they say this leads to some deep animal lovin' :D It's not precisely the same for MBTI, but in general the same thing appears to apply. So much for being cold emotionless Thinkers, ay?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Socionics tells us that the INTp and ISTp hidden agenda is to love, they say this leads to some deep animal lovin' :D It's not precisely the same for MBTI, but in general the same thing appears to apply. So much for being cold emotionless Thinkers, ay?

Hee hee. I guess this is how we show our soft cuddly innards :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hee hee. I guess this is how we show our soft cuddly innards :D

A pet can't really reject your love, It's kind of funny how it works :cheese:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like how this is in the NF forum. Afraid the NTs will scoff? :p

------------

My cat is like me in some ways :yes:. She doesn't like large groups of people and hides away from strangers. She's very lovable and loyal with those she trusts though. She's sensitive and gets "hurt feelings" easily (would not forgive me when I moved out, until I moved back home). She's also feisty and ornery at times. She'll take a lot from our other cat unless it's something that really matters to her (ie. food), then she makes it known she won't stand for it and the other cat doesn't dare cross that line.