• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to Bother an INFJ

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Now, I've got nothing against you guys. I usually love INFJs. However, one just broke my [IXFP] friend's heart, and she's asked me to make his life hell.

So, what, on a general level, ticks you guys off? I need some general goals for my scheme.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You could trivialize their moral code and expose it for being shallow and meaningless?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You could trivialize their moral code and expose it for being shallow and meaningless?

What moral code? :confused:

:D

To the OP: Invade the INFJ's space and barrage him with trivial chatter. Don't let up. Ask him personal questions and then belittle the answers. Works like a charm.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't pretend you don't have a sense of personally applied ethics! Tear that to shreds and your gooey core is exposed!

I do? Thanks for informing me of that. I thought I just did whatever I wanted to. :)

*Feels morally superior*

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Now, I've got nothing against you guys. I usually love INFJs. However, one just broke my [IXFP] friend's heart, and she's asked me to make his life hell.

So, what, on a general level, ticks you guys off? I need some general goals for my scheme.

I always wonder what's up when an INFJ hurts someone. There's an awful lot going on in the background in those sorts of situations. I would be the first to ask them what their side of the story was.

Oh, and L. Ashley's answer was the best. Keep invading their space and dont let up; that last bit it the key since we figure ignoring them makes them bored. If that fails it turns into: :cry: or :steam:

Edit: Also, if he isn't mistyped, call him out on what he did to hurt the IxFP. Focus on all the negative emotions it caused for everyone affected (Her, her family, you, et c. You're an Ne-dom, you can figure something out).

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
That's assuming that can actually be done.

I agree.

Or, more precisely, assuming the INFJ would give any sort of physical indication/manifestation that it was successfully done. Then, it's just endless pestering, I guess. :]

The "belittling of deeply held principles" would be successful if you don't launch it too abruptly, I guess. Make him think that you agree with him/ are listening to him and is about to agree. When he gets comfortable with you, pounce.

[I feel like I just betrayed someone. Hehe.]

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
I say talk to the INFJ first. He probably didn't intend to hurt your friend (INFJs seldom do), and he probably doesn't realize she is hurt. If he's anything like the other INFJs here, he'll be more than happy to reconcile with her.

HOWEVER, if you proceed to hurt him, expect him to be just as happy to pay you both back with interest. NEVER underestimate an INFJ's lust for vengeance; "it hurts me more than it does you" has no meaning to a hot-headed INFJ.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Sneak up on them with a squirt gun.

2. Tickle them.

3. Take embarrassing pictures of them.

4. Pour a colony of ants in their bed, or in their shoes.

5. Replace their haircare products with stuff that makes their hair fall out or colors it something odd.

6. Constantly mispronounce words and use bad grammar.

7. Find out as many things about them as you can, and then loudly announce all of it to everyone they know.

8. If they use pencils and you know where they are, pointlessly use up the erasers on all their pencils down to the nub, while leaving the pencil full (if mechanical) or unused/freshly sharpened (if normal).

9. Unplug their computer while they're using it (and run like HELL!).

10. Bring a book with you. Just about any book will do, especially a science fiction or fantasy book. Read it for a few moments and say, "This book sucks." Then, proceed to start tearing pages out of it in front of them over the garbage can until there are no pages left in the book, discard the empty shell of a cover, and say "Ah, that feels better. Haha, no more stupid book."

A lot of those things would probably annoy anyone, though.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Haha, thanks everyone... eeeexcellent, eeeexcellent *goes all ENTJ*

although, yeah. i feel a little bad about messing with this guy. he's usually quite nice.

Usehername

On a mission
Haha, thanks everyone... eeeexcellent, eeeexcellent *goes all ENTJ*

although, yeah. i feel a little bad about messing with this guy. he's usually quite nice.

Did he behave in a manner that was cruel to her, or did he just reject her as a girlfriend? Because if it's the latter that's kind of lame.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes, to the tickling. Grr.

[Though, the usual disclaimer should apply. It would be a great idea to talk to the guy first. And try to see his side. There. My guilt is somehow eased.]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Barge into their house, unexpected, without knocking, and at an insane time of day/night, storm into see them, yelling and making obscene gestures that may or may not be inappropriate, and continuously get up in their business, asking them what they are doing, why, what they will be doing, or what they had done earlier that day. Continue into the kitchen, where you raid the fridge and the pantry, stuffing your face with the most unhealthy food there (which won't be too unhealthy, because INFJs are health nuts) and draining whatever beer they have. And for the grand finale, stumble into their room, and pretend to pass out on their bed where you refuse to get up from even though you are supposedly passed out.

I'd like to see how this goes.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think we are particularly hard to bother. We just tend to not show it a lot of the time. And, um . . . beware of passive-aggressive backlash.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't think we are particularly hard to bother. We just tend to not show it a lot of the time. And, um . . . beware of passive-aggressive backlash.

Oh yes, it's a passive aggressive forest out there.