• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to Bother an INFJ

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
What moral code? :confused:

:D

To the OP: Invade the INFJ's space and barrage him with trivial chatter. Don't let up. Ask him personal questions and then belittle the answers. Works like a charm.

That will definitely do it!

Penda

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thread denounced

This thread is weak. INFJs are invincible, silly mortals. :D

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha, I can take him. He is easily confused.
Anyway, this thread is too long already, I think I'll get back to my scheming. :D

The one in bold. Don't underestimate an INFJ who seems that way because if he's aware of what is being done to him...run for your life.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
good god. we're looking at ways to annoy them, not ways to get poisoned.

Thank you.

INFJs have an uncanny ability to pinpoint your weakest spot and STOMP on it if you provoke them enough. They can yank down your emotional pants if they really want to, and deliver quite a gut-wrenching punch. We do P.A. viciously well, if we feel purposefully threatened. I strongly suggest stopping just of that point. :p

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Thank you.

INFJs have an uncanny ability to pinpoint your weakest spot and STOMP on it if you provoke them enough. They can yank down your emotional pants if they really want to, and deliver quite a gut-wrenching punch. We do P.A. viciously well, if we feel purposefully threatened. I strongly suggest stopping just of that point. :p

I tend to see attempts at damaging my emotions as a sign of mental and emotional immaturity on the part of the aggressor. Most of the time I don't consider them to be of any real importance, so I don't think this will really work.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I tend to see attempts at damaging my emotions as a sign of mental and emotional immaturity on the part of the aggressor. Most of the time I don't consider them to be of any real importance, so I don't think this will really work.

+1 and ad insecurity on the part of the aggressor. Also, I don't care and it's irrelevant.
I have not read the OP.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram

I think that's an NT trait...I almost added that this would work for int's specifically. In which case they themselves wouldn't likely be taking the mentally/emotionally immature route by annoying as a means of relational revenge. But since the OP's friend seems rather petty that way :ninja:, it would likely work. :shock:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, don't do anything to their cats. The only time in my life that I can remember initiating violence was when my then-husband was cruel to my cat. I snapped and flew at him, slapping him as hard and fast as I could, everywhere I could reach.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, don't do anything to their cats. The only time in my life that I can remember initiating violence was when my then-husband was cruel to my cat. I snapped and flew at him, slapping him as hard and fast as I could, everywhere I could reach.

that's just why i said it. :D

i remember being a little girl and these bad kids (ents? haha) were dropping a kitty off the balcony of my mom's apartment complex into a box. i hid until they dropped said kitty for the umpteenth time, snatched the kitty and ran. after that, my goal in life for the next few years was to be an animal advocate. i remember wanting to just beat them mercilessly.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

That and you run the risk of being reported for animal cruelty. A cat's not a "thing" you can just "do stuff" to.

Having read through the thread, I find it interesting that the OP never answered the questions as to whether or not this intended target had actually been cruel. Nor answered any of the questions pertaining to detailing the situation...

I understand the OP wants to be cruel to another person for allegedly being cruel to their friend, but surely you wouldn't be cruel to the forum by not telling us exactly why people are assisting you in exacting revenge? :D

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ok - I've seen lots of stupid suggestions. But here's a real one.

Find something they don't like to talk about. For me, it's politics. And rope the INFJ into a conversation they do not want to have. When they try to change the subject, or sabotage the discussion by agreeing with you, change your tactics - play devils advocate or say, "But you know, on the other hand... " and come up with some other completely different take on the topic.

I hate it when a conversation I don't want to be part of drags on forever - especially if it could get argumentative. I seriously want to run away. It irks me to no end when the person just won't let it go. Not because they have to be 'right', but because they just keep dwelling on it, mulling it over, asking me what I think about it, because when I don't care about something like that, it couldn't be a greater waste of my time.

My eyeballs scream to be stabbed or they will begin to melt in my eye sockets.

Send the dude facebook invitations to join groups that are related to things you know he doesn't like. Again, for me, it'd be politics.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, what, on a general level, ticks you guys off? I need some general goals for my scheme.
You could devise subtle and confusing mixed messages - just enough that a person cannot make sense of it, and just enough to trigger the paranoia? Basically give the Ni a swirly?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could always try some simple stalking or harassing, that's probably the easiest thing to do, become good friends, get their email, phone number(s), facebook/myspaces, address and just freak the shit out of him by 'being there' 24/7 without decent reason. It's kind of similar to invading their personal space... only illegal... okay, that doesn't help :whistling:

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP

When you assume you're invincible to an INFJ's PA advance, you're only giving them the very thing they crave: an open door to a good challenge with a satisfying reward.

Here, you're displaying a superiority complex in which you assume that your emotions are safely barricaded behind a wall of logic and willpower.

HOWEVER, your type is printed right next to your post, and Typelogic is always a click away!

"A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure."

A major talent for INFJs is the ability to sniff out where and how another person has failed with pinpoint accuracy. Kinda like how I'm doing with this post right here.

The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data.

Which you, in classic INTP form, did gloriously.

You overlooked three critical facts:

1) INFJs are natural scholars. When we find a topic that interests us, we read about and research it until we are near-gurus on the topic...and then we read and research some more about it just because we can.

2) The Internet is a 24/7 smorgasbord of information on a variety of INFJ-magnetic topics, including typology. As a result, INFJs have instant access to information about any topic they can think of, including an INTP's Achilles' Heels.

3) As I said before, your type is printed in the sidebar right next to your post. Anyone wanting to know now has a place to start on finding what sets off an INTP. A trip over to Typelogic, and we INFJs know exactly what it would take to break you.

The best way to keep an INFJ out of your head is to keep the lower half of it shut as much as possible.

Back to topic, get a photo of a cute little puppy (one of a dog you used to have as a puppy is fine, as long as it's not dated. Any dates on the photo will be the first thing he sees), and then keep bringing up the adorable little puppy you saw at the local SPCA that you're bringing home this weekend.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
low-mid volume noises at frequency ranges near, but just below, ultrasonic. If I remember correctly, many INFJs are hyper sensitive and if they haven't already destroyed that range of their hearing this will cause them some trouble. Also, at those ranges it's hard to tell where exactly it is coming from if you're indoors, so that can aide in the addling of sanity. Then again, as a person who can hear in those ranges, I'd be the first to say that I'd kill the person doing that if I find them.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

haha. intps may be a real challenge, but you're not invincible......i just pwnd one the other day as a matter of fact (not on here) and it was oohhhh.......*euphoric recall-mmmmmm* so sweet. :smoke:

*shirks back and plots next pwn and stalking strategy*

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
low-mid volume noises at frequency ranges near, but just below, ultrasonic. If I remember correctly, many INFJs are hyper sensitive and if they haven't already destroyed that range of their hearing this will cause them some trouble. Also, at those ranges it's hard to tell where exactly it is coming from if you're indoors, so that can aide in the addling of sanity. Then again, as a person who can hear in those ranges, I'd be the first to say that I'd kill the person doing that if I find them.

One of my peeves is having someone or something making noise near me while trying to hold a conversation with someone else. So the noise doesn't even have to be ultrasonic.

Just play any music, and turn the volume up just above where he normally talks. The sound of his own voice and your music running together will drive him insane. Especially if he can't turn it down.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
When you assume you're invincible to an INFJ's PA advance, you're only giving them the very thing they crave: an open door to a good challenge with a satisfying reward.

Here, you're displaying a superiority complex in which you assume that your emotions are safely barricaded behind a wall of logic and willpower.

Not really. You've made an incorrect assumption here: That when I said "...Most of the time I don't consider them to be of any real importance," you seem to have read "I keep my emotions bottled behind an impenetrable wall." If anything, I'm emotion indifferent, or more apathetic to them in general. It's not a consciously enforced superiority complex to hide a weakness, as you seem to imply, but it's just how I work.

Trying to insult me or attack me emotionally is like jumping over my fence and stepping on an anthill in my yard, then claiming some sort of victory. They're just ants. I don't really care.

Which you, in classic INTP form, did gloriously.

You overlooked three critical facts:

1. Irrelevant.
2. Irrelevant.
3. Redundant.

I think you misinterpreted what that passage meant, although maybe I'd have to read the whole thing in its full context. We tend to not overlook anything, unless of course we deem a piece of information unimportant [much like your 3 critical facts which don't seem to mean anything]. If anything we don't overlook enough, which leads us to have problems with indecision at times.

What that passage seems to mean, is that INTPs have a tendency to doubt their own conclusions, simply because they always think they're missing something, as a result of being Perceivers. We tend to always want more information regarding a decision, which leads to the common INTP problem of "overthink, underdo."

And if that opposition is an INFJ looking for ways to break an INTP's will?

INFJs are notoriously hard people to convince of anything they don't want to be convinced of. If an INTP doesn't convince his opponent to see things from his point of view, he loses the argument. All the INFJ has to do is stand there and disagree with everything the INTP says until the INTP snaps.

Fair enough. You basically just said "INFJs hold on to opinions regardless of the presence of Truth." I'm not so sure that's a sign of character strength. Sounds a lot more like the quality of a zealotr. Also, the bolded is generally incorrect. An INTP argues for the sole purpose of illuminating the truth about a topic. Once he's spoken his thoughts, he's done, unless someone wants to challenge a point, make a counter argument, or seek some kind of clarification. A person's inability to see truth is not our problem, it's theirs.

If all the INFJ is going to do is the equivalent of plugging his ears and say "Lalalalala" in the presence of good points, then we are most likely going to just ignore you. We tend to not waste time with fools.

I could go on like this, but I think I've made my point. The best way to keep an INFJ out of your head is to keep the lower half of it shut as much as possible.

And this is just false. Though I can't really help it if an INFJ thinks they're in my head. Or if they think they've made a point.

BTW, I've omitted parts of your post that I couldn't see a valid reason for existing beyond trying to evoke an emotional response from me, however if you still want me to try to address them I'll do my best. Bear with my slow responses and, I'm sure, various grammar errors because I am at work.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you.

you're welcome; it needed to be said lest some poor sap learn the hard way. and, as for the rest, if the other person is emotionally invested in the INFJ in any way, then i couldn't agree more.