• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to Bother an INFJ

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
but the noise is hard to track down, so you can't even tell someone to turn it down, even if you wanted to.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
low-mid volume noises at frequency ranges near, but just below, ultrasonic. If I remember correctly, many INFJs are hyper sensitive and if they haven't already destroyed that range of their hearing this will cause them some trouble. Also, at those ranges it's hard to tell where exactly it is coming from if you're indoors, so that can aide in the addling of sanity. Then again, as a person who can hear in those ranges, I'd be the first to say that I'd kill the person doing that if I find them.

This is positively diabolical.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Step 1: Knock on door. Once they open it, step inside. Do not allow them to dismiss you or ask you who you are.
Step 2: Talk to them as if you knew them all your life. Do not allow them to talk. Just have one LOOOOONG string of sentences.
Step 3: Make advances after 30 minutes of constant jabbering.
Step 4: When turned down, look slightly perplexed. Then repeat from Step 2.

B

brainheart

^^Hoo yeah, that's on. Although I can't in good conscience condone you making anyone's life miserable. There are always two sides to a coin, don't you know...

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Step 1: Knock on door. Once they open it, step inside. Do not allow them to dismiss you or ask you who you are.
Step 2: Talk to them as if you knew them all your life. Do not allow them to talk. Just have one LOOOOONG string of sentences.

Yep, a good way to get dropped to the floor and have your face repeatedly pummeled with a merciless beating to which would leave you hair lipped and talking with a lisp for life, I can't speak for all INFJ's but an intrusion of that sort would bring about that response. Also.... not all INFJ's are pushovers.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP

You'll never get the chance; the INFJ will need a good reason for you being at his place before he even unlocks the door.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Gosh, I feel bad even suggesting this... tell them they have wronged you terribly but don't tell them how. :devil:

HeavenOnEarth

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
New in this forum I have to say I laughed a lot reading this thread (even though some suggestions made me uncomfortable, for example the endless-senseless chit chat :BangHead:). I believe Monkeygrass is pretty right about the dark sense of humor as a way of coping. Beware as well of the backlash... funny thing to discover I'm not the only one to return the offense 100 times over. It feels less lonesome. :party2:

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Why you want to bother me????? I didn't do NUFFING to you!!! *scampers off*

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
*beats up this thread and runs fast away*

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Putting them in a situation where the group mentality promotes murder and other immoral things. Fe doesn't want to go against the general group climate so that could lead to a fe auxillary taking on the same mentality if around the wrong group for a long time. They would know it was wrong at first so the guilt aspect would bother them.

Trying to force beliefs down their throat.

Invading their personal space, not giving them any alone time. Guilttripping them for needing a break from people.

Make them the bad guy and play the victim in a situation where the blame is either equal or they are not completely to blame.

Try to convince them to do an activity or spend an elongated period of time in an overly crowded area. Because of inferior se, claustrophobia, and the overwhelming atmosphere, all of those emotions and surrounding things for fe to take in, it's a lot. A lot of things going by very fast, and overwhelming to take in all of it. For someone who is terrible at being in-the-moment, an environment like that is a living Hell.

Talk to them about topics they are not interested in. An INFJ will engage in the topics, wants to get to know the other person, takes interest in the other person, but excessive talk about uninteresting topics can be draining.

Tell them that their interests are wrong in some way or another.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
"How to bother an INFJ?"

Just say something.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
To inflict real damage:

Tell their secrets and spread believable misinformation about them that contains just enough bits of truth or plausibility to do some damage.

Gaslight them in such a way that they start questioning their own sanity.

Keep throwing emotional curveballs and surprises their way before they have a chance to process the last thing.

Infiltrate or co-opt their group of friends.

Cut them off from any information or communication completely without explanation.

Engage their paranoia without overtly saying anything.

-----------

For more minor annoyance:

Make repetitive meaningless background noises where they are trying to hold a conversation.

Surround them with inane group conversations that require consistent engagement.

Make them participate in meetings and group work or decisions on a regular basis.

Keep them guessing as to what their role in a group is.

Make them go on fair rides that involve a lot of up and down movement.

Make them do improv in front of a large group without any chance to observe first.

Change plans they've been counting on regularly.

State emphatically what your plans are that will affect them and then change things last minute.

Pressure them into participating in group sports that they dislike where people are very competitive.

When they mention something that bothers or disappoints them, immediately play the devil's advocate.

Tell them things are fine when they're not but act inconsistently.

Tell them that they are oversensitive.

Gently mock people or things they secretly care about, and then act surprised when they react.

Tease them in front of other people about their mistakes or foibles.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Force them to react to something in-real-time.

Bring up the past.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ok, your friend is hurt. That sucks. However, to make a person's life hell just because of a temporary thing such as a breakup....is it worth it?
Eventually, both parties will go their different ways and evolve with their own experiences...why not just ignore the douchebag, forget this person ever existed, and move on? ...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Willfully misunderstand them and/or systematically shoot down any point they try to make by talking as many circles as possible around it. Bounce off the surface of their words fast and hard without gleaning their intended meaning.

Bring full attention to whatever you imagine they're feeling - no matter how small - and assume they want or need some over-the-top saccharine acknowledgment publicly sprayed at them and/or to publicly discuss it with you.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Bring them thoughtful presents just because.