• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Your daily dose of the NF - idyllic

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just was lieing in bed, sleeping, watching 10 episodes of Stargate on the loop, having 100 degrees in my room, recuperating from the work week.

Suddenly the phone rang and I woke up. I moved in bed and 2 empty bottles of beer and one bottle of whiskey fell out of the bed. I picked up the phone saying "the Kaizer of China".

It was my girl that lives approximately 371 km away from me. Given the speed of light with 300,000 million km/s, a packet with information between her and me is able to travel between the lines at about 1.3 milliseconds per bit.

She tho nevertheless managed to relay about 200 pages of text in 1.5 seconds, effectively circumventing the laws of light travel, entering the subsequent layer of the world of the Tachyons travelling at super-lightspeed.

Then suddenly she hang up in the middle and the Kaizer of China needed a moment to sort the information. We were looking forward to see each other on sunday, cause we both need to work alot at the moment and I even bought her a useful and funny little present she will be very happy about and she told me on the phone that we wont be seeing each other on sunday.

The Kaizer of China was indeed puzzled. He got out of bed and stood in his naked beauty in front of the open window showing his genitals to the neighbourhood, while dialing her number and call her back.

Then he started to conduct a discussion at sublight speed to sort out whats going on. Ultimately he found out that his girl does want to see him, but will be tired from work again tomorrow. And further that she thinks the Kaizer of China wouldnt like her to be always tired from work and therefore wouldnt want to see her. That's ultimately sweet.

The Kaizer was a bit pissed cause her assumption about him had no logical ground in the real world. He then brought order and a new hope to his unsettled folk, to fill them with the love, power and strong vision to further in the future rely on the fact that love is never shaken by the thing that one partner has to work much and that there will be better times again in which we again can have a lot of adventures together.

My girl really needs to get out of her damned job its killing her. One more year and she has finished the education, but until then we both need to fire out of all cannons to keep the world away from invading our country.

But together anything is possible. So and now the Kaizer of China will grab a newspaper and go to the toilet. See you l8r :D

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It was my girl that lives approximately 371 km away from me. Given the speed of light with 3,000,000 million km/s, a packet with information between her and me is able to travel between the lines at about 0,13 milliseconds per bit.
You need to work on your place value. The speed of light is approximately 300,000 km/s. ( 299,792.458 km/s, to be exact) Therefore, a packet should take around 1.23 ms to arrive, assuming it travels in a straight line between you two at the speed of light.

-insert long speech about your fundamental misunderstanding of how a telecommunications network works here-

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
no, 371 / 3,000,000 = 1.24 seconds ^-4 => 0.13 milliseconds

Didn't I JUST type something about the speed of light being approx. 300,000 km/s?

You also fail at rounding.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh that you mean, now i get it.

But to round up is normal in engineering. Thats the safety factor

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
ouh that you mean, now i get it.

But to round up is normal in engineering. Thats the safety factor

"Let's make this explosive a tad bigger, just in case." "Let's take another shot. It's rounding up, after all." The latter would explain a fair deal.

A real engineer would also make more precise calculations using the actual speed of light and taking the true nature of telecommunications networks into account.

-insert "aww, that's sweet. sorta" here-

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
a real engineer also wouldnt sit naked in front of the computer while typieng it :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the kaizer needs to install his lady in a nice harem at the palace...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Man you guys are really depressing.

What has become to presenting things a little bit more the fun way ? :D