• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's and flirting

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why are you now saying it is risk, when moments ago you were fine to it being organic? The previous discussion was about the ENFP. So it would be the ENFP that took a big risk, unless I understand the context wrong here.

...k, I'm honestly out of ways of giving you an answer you don't really want to hear.

It isn't an either/or situation.

Somehow you don't get that both the organic moment and the actual doing of the homework are equally important and can each take place at a different time while being very much linked to each other.

Do the work - get to know her and whether you can live with her flaws - and stop trying to game the system. Let her do the same and let the rest just happen without anticipating, expecting, demanding, controlling or being afraid of what might happen. There are *no* guarantees during courtship,however wonderful it does feel. And skipping courtship won't actually diminish the risk of breaking up - it just amps up the risk of you being heart-broken as you deluded yourself into thinking that you'd stay together coz you're so close. I know it sucks to deal with the insecurity during the scouting/courting phase, but it's seriously vital to go through if you don't want to be miserable later on in your relationship when you're already too committed and afraid to walk away from a shitty, yet familiar situation.

/ broken record.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...k, I'm honestly out of ways of giving you an answer you don't really want to hear.

It isn't an either/or situation.

Somehow you don't get that both the organic moment and the actual doing of the homework are equally important and can each take place at a different time while being very much linked to each other.

Do the work - get to know her and whether you can live with her flaws - and stop trying to game the system - just let it happen without anticipating, expecting, demanding, controlling or being afraid of what might happen.

/ broken record.

You're not allowing my NTJ to do it's work.

A blast from the past:

Never ever ask the ENFP what the plan is. Know the plan and follow up on it. It just aint...our strength.

Fi for INTJs doesn't quite work like that, my dear Amar. At least in my own experience. It is more about self-knowledge, than other-knowledge. About being as honest with oneself as one can be, and letting that show to others. The connections with others arise from that self-honesty, which lets others connect with oneself (due to being open and honest), and serves as a quite apt substitution for being truly empathetic/sympathetic with others.

When INTJs are truly empathetic/sympathetic with others, the chemistry tends to break, because our main strength is knowing "what works", but when we're too empathetic, we let the other person go too far, we resist our inclination to say "No, that's stupid" out of love, but the most loving, empathetic thing we could say at the moment truly is, "No, that's stupid." (Granted, there's probably a kinder way of saying it than "that's stupid.")

I was wondering about that. Tertiaries seem to stick to the basics and develop those really well, but I wasn't sure where the line went with Tertiary Fi vs Auxiliary Fi. It has always been hard to gauge for me as my INTJ tends to automatically tap me to take over when it comes to these kind of situations. I wasn't sure if that was coz he felt it was more convenient, wasn't sure he could handle it, or if he simply didn't..work that way. He is capable of following my lead on it though - as long as I break it down into concrete actions of what needs to know now pertaining this situation :thinking:

It is why I initially didn't include this information in the original post [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] quoted by [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] (and man, this might need a thread split if we re going to discuss this here :D) and why I now labeled it intermediate Fi. I wasn't sure it would be of use to INTJs.

:happy2: :girlfight:

Apparently contradictions from ENFPs are quite common. Telling me to follow the plan, because it is not the ENFP's strength. I ask what the plan is, and then I get told the plan is to let it just happen... while you yourself said that you tell your own INTJ it works as long as you tell him the plan.... :thinking:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug::offtobed:

That's your choice - but then I also no longer feel qualified or in any way prompted to answer your questions on this subject as you'll just reject the answer anyways. Clearly, my way doesn't work for you. I'm sure you'll find your way of doing it in the end.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:shrug::offtobed:

That's your choice - but then I also no longer feel qualified or in any way prompted to answer your questions on this subject as you'll just reject the answer anyways. Clearly, my way doesn't work for you. I'm sure you'll find your way of doing it in the end.

Maybe someone that is not an ENFP can tell me, what the plan is :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mean to limit all playfullness to flirting. But, it is the type of playfulness I enjoy most, my personal style if you will. I can be playful without flirting too, by being silly and absurd, but my signature style is by sexual innuendo. I see no reason to limit myself, if all participants are up for it :)

Playfulness, teasing, flirting: fine line between them all, and by no means is any of it necessarily sexual.

My guess is this is an ENTP thing as well.

I flirt with everyone. Women I'm attracted to, not attracted to, old ladies in the checkout line at Trader Joe's. If I think I can make someone smile, I'll give it a go.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh:

When the click happens. It doesn't adhere to a time schedule. It just happens. It's that moment that makes two people want to kiss each other

Ahhh, a woman's "kiss me now" eyes. Took me FOREVER to recognize these. I still have painful memories of 1 or 2 specific women that, looking back on it now, were giving me those. What a brief window, and what a dumbass I was.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Playfulness, teasing, flirting: fine line between them all, and by no means is any of it necessarily sexual.

My guess is this is an ENTP thing as well.

I flirt with everyone. Women I'm attracted to, not attracted to, old ladies in the checkout line at Trader Joe's. If I think I can make someone smile, I'll give it a go.

this is good. i like people. i'm playful. i like to make interactions pleasant and fun. people read into that too far sometimes. if i'm actually interested in someone, topics go deeper, and longer more intense pauses start to enter the picture.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is good. i like people. i'm playful. i like to make interactions pleasant and fun. people read into that too far sometimes. if i'm actually interested in someone, topics go deeper, and longer more intense pauses start to enter the picture.

yes, if it's someone that might interpret that as sexual attraction (if you don't mean it to be) it can get tricky. Pauses are great times to just start mugging down.