• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] A really short story.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I just wrote a little story. It's really more of a thought than a story. I decided to place it in the NF board because I'm an NF and it's sort of an NFish thought.

“Miss,” he started, “I felt that I must speak to you. My stopping you at the door was not merely an impulse, but an imperative, for you are not merely a lure, but a magnet, and I was not merely enticed, but constrained to approach you. And I must elucidate a facet of reality that may have eluded you. What I will tell you may not have been said before, but it is thought by everyone you pass.”

“Do you recognize that everything in your vicinity is redefined by you? Pour water into an open bottle, and it is the water that becomes bottled. But you are the water that makes the bottle wet. Your essence defines this Room that we now occupy, so when you leave, it will be The Room you were in last, and as you pass through the next room, it will become The Room adjacent to The Room you were in last, and in time, it will be the Room that held you so long ago. Through your proximity, it has acquired meaning - as have I.”

“Your nearness is my greatest virtue, and your attention is my greatest acquisition. No ground deserves your feet; no air deserves your lungs; no eyes are fit to behold you. The fullness of your beauty defies perception, so limited are the senses. No sculptor could improve your immaculate form, and no memory is worthy of attempting to recreate it. How did the earth spin before you walked upon it? How did the sun burn? You are the justification for life itself.”

He looked pathetic, subservient, as if he was begging her to accept his words.

The words he spoke puzzled her more than his quixotic manner. Were it not for his obvious, humble sincerity, she would have easily written him off as an eccentric jokester, but she could not do so. Due to her poor track record with men in general, he saw herself as rather plain - not ugly, but certainly not attractive, not notably so. She was wrong in this estimation.

In fact, she was ugly, and notably so. Were she not, he would have chosen one of the other six women in the room to speak to. Of the seven, she was by far the most repulsive. She was chosen by him precisely for this reason. She would never know this, of course, and before she left the room she had begun to pity the other women.

His sincerity was unquestionable. With much practice, he had finely tuned the tone of his voice and adjusted his manner so that he would be perceived this way. This was the honing of skill that accompanies every art. Skill comes with time, and in time, the art produced becomes more complex or more refined, reflecting the vision of the artist and revealing his fingerprint as it creates the emotional effect that he desires. He had long since abandoned the lie that lies are wrong. He knew that simple labels on complicated matters were never accurate and that truth was often more harmful than falsehood. Some music is liberating to hear. Some dishes are a pleasure to eat. Some write, some build, some paint. He lies.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The ENFP I talk about in my other INTJ/ENFP thread does this at work with a coworker who I'm sure he does not find attractive at all, but he tells her she looks fantastic all the time in a flirtatious manner.

It's like they just do it for the fun of getting a reaction out of them. He does the same with me even after he's already rejected me. I've decided to not REACT to his compliments anymore.

I don't know how you guys do it...I cant tell people what I don't truly feel or believe. That's why I find it so hard to compliment others. However, when I compliment, you will know it's genuine.

That's why I have a hard time trusting the ENFP, particularly this coworker of mine.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
1It's like they just do it for the fun of getting a reaction out of them. 2He does the same with me even after he's already rejected me. I've decided to not REACT to his compliments anymore.

3I don't know how you guys do it...I cant tell people what I don't truly feel or believe. That's why I find it so hard to compliment others. However, when I compliment, you will know it's genuine.

That's why I have a hard time trusting the ENFP, particularly this coworker of mine.

1. It is fun. I have no moral objection to behaving like this character to someone I knew I would never see again. But It does take a little bit of self control for me to refrain from this behavior, honestly.

2. He rejected you? Does he know you're an INTJ? Does he understand that you're a rare delicacy? He sounds kind of like a skeeze anyway, seems as if you got the better end of the deal.

3. I think it takes a level of disrespect for a person to choose an ill-gotten buzz over an honest relationship. So you saying "I don't know how you guys do it" to me would be like me saying to you, "I don't know why you guys hate everybody." :D

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
3. I think it takes a level of disrespect for a person to choose an ill-gotten buzz over an honest relationship. So you saying "I don't know how you guys do it" to me would be like me saying to you, "I don't know why you guys hate everybody." :D

That made me laugh! We dont really hate everybody, it just takes A LOT to impress us. :D