• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Do infjs get mad when..

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
You don't show up for something they invited you to, that you kind of said you were going to go to.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What did you miss and how big of a hole did she chew out of your ass? :rofl1:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't show up for something they invited you to, that you kind of said you were going to go to.

J types in general get very mad.

You had best provide a good reason.

P

Phantonym

:steam: You broke a promise. Of course people are going to get a bit mad.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
it wasnt a promise, just an invitation and casual yea I'll come down, then a spontaneous not showing up cause I fell asleep.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Only if we showed up, waited, and you didn't come. I mean, who wouldn't be in that case?

If you canceled before the appointed time, then we're usually fine.

P

Phantonym

it wasnt a promise, just an invitation and casual yea I'll come down, then a spontaneous not showing up cause I fell asleep.

Saying that you'll show up is a promise, at least in my book. I'd not get mad in this case, probably slightly annoyed. But if you can provide a reasonable explanation, there wouldn't be any long-term sharpening of knives :laugh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that any human being would get annoyed at this, but especially J's. My ESTJ friend... she gets really mad when someone blows her off, since she doesn't like not having a schedule. Then here the INFJs are inputting... and yeah.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say go beg for forgiveness and you may get away with a smaller bite than what you would likely end up with. :D

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I would say I tend to get pissed when people flake on me, but the degree of how pissed I get just varies.

If someone does the casual thing though, if they say "I MIGHT go, I'm not sure", I personally don't count on it automatically. I won't wait around and I won't get pissed if they don't show up. When someone says "Maybe I'll go" to me, I just take that as "No, until further notice".

It's when someone gives me a definite "Yes", doesn't show up, and doesn't let me know that I get pissed off. Even if it's a big night out, I can cope with the disappointment of being canceled on if someone has the consideration to call and say "I'm sorry, I can't make it". I might be disappointed, but not pissed off.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Oh, I should add that I DO get pissier if someone repeatedly flakes on me. It's like that three strikes rule. First two times I can deal but you do it a third time and I'll get bitey. *chompy chomp*

Usehername

On a mission

If I were you, I'd write a cheezy 2 stanza rhyming poem that voiced an apology using a nice pen and a carefully folded piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and then I'd hand-deliver it to their doorstep and immediately walk away.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When somebody tells me they're going to do something and then they don't do it, I start dealing with them on the assumption that they don't mean what they say, in which case I stop listening to them/my interest in them drops.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If I were you, I'd write a cheezy 2 stanza rhyming poem that voiced an apology using a nice pen and a carefully folded piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and then I'd hand-deliver it to their doorstep and immediately walk away.

I like this idea for an INFJ.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Good one, Usehername.

It really depends on how much energy I've put into the event/occasion. Did your friends invite you to dinner (which requires shopping, cooking food, cleaning the house)? Or did they just invite you to watch a movie with them?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
well here we go again, the infj cold shoulder silent treatment routine.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't really get pissed off by someone unintentionally missing something we planned to do. If I hadn't heard from them, initially I'd wonder what held them up, if they didn't typically flake on me, and hope that things were all right on their end.

If a pattern of breaking plans began to emerge, regardless of how often they clearly stated they'd be there, I'd probably just say, "cool, see ya then; let me know if anything changes between now and then." & I wouldn't really invest much in it. If they showed up, cool. If not, well, I'm not surprised; I realize my friend has the tendency to break plans. People seem to get pissed off because they had expectations that may not be applicable to the actual person they're dealing with.

Also, I don't really map out elaborate events, either, so, although I may plan on/look fwd to spending time with a friend, the activities are usually something we can do some other time, and I remain fairly easygoing about it. No real loss there.

I could get annoyed waiting around for them to come over, I guess, but I figure reconfirming your plans and such can come in handy here. Usually I'll ask friends to let me know when they're on their way, if possible. If I haven't heard from them, then it seems appropriate to contact them, to see what's going on. Why waste time getting annoyed if I can easily communicate to resolve it, and, if need be, move on to doing something else with my day?

Can't change people; you can only work out new ways to interact with them to resolve things.

If it's continually problematic, no matter how I try to communicate, etc, and I realize I'm always putting forth a more significant amount of effort into spending time with this friend, than they are with me [assuming there's nothing messed up going on in their lives at the time to acct for the behavior to some extent], then I just stop making plans with them. I don't ignore them, I don't bother getting mad or upset and exploding at them. I just stop actively seeking out their company. In the end, neither of us has truly lost anything, right? No harm done.

Seems like explaining why you failed to make it is sufficient enough in your situation, imo. Falling asleep ..happens. :yes:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
You should have remember to give yourself a way out before... See, if you've said I'll probably be there... or you'll try your best to be there, then there wouldn't have been any problems.

But you said you WOULD. So yes... do as usehername suggested and give her a nice big apology.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Mad? No. Really annoyed with you? Yes.

But then it also depends on what we were going to do. Like, say we were both going to meet up somewhere or do something that required me to not do anything else that would be an involved activity, then yeah, I'd be rightfully annoyed with you not showing up. Because it's inconsiderate especially since I have to put things on hold while I wait for you. It's the fact that I can't do anything else at the time that is the major annoyance...and if it was going to be an involved activity, I wouldn't do anything else out of consideration for you. Because what if you showed up a little late (which I'm fine with), but I got bored so now you have to wait on me to finish/drop what I'm doing.

If it's any other situation, then I probably would be a little irritated, but I wouldn't hold it against you and would certainly wonder what might have happened to you.

And then if you called later and said "Oh shit, I'm so sorry!!! I fell asleep! I was so tired today because I didn't get to sleep last night. The neighbour's cats were carrying on and you don't I don't sleep well with a lot of noise...blah blah blah", I wouldn't find it hard to forgive you as accidents happen.

Also if you called before our event and told me you couldn't make it or would be late, then I'd be fine with that.