• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] So, INFPs...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's close enough to MBTI (yes, it's technically different but people are more familiar with MBTI and probably won't want to invest in an hour long test to find out they are probably still the same type) and that's why I say consider and not this will happen, beware! even if they were sure of their socionic type.

All I know is I've successfully applied socionic relation examples to types (that I'm sure of) of people close to me that have failed relationships and have found the reasoning described in Socionics to be a very accurate depiction of what went wrong.

;) So don't freak out, it's just something to think about. That's why I post those things. Logic has its place to sometimes. If you pet logic on the head and give it ice cream once in a while sometimes it will help clarify some things. You can never have enough knowledge about a given situation. It always helps.

Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.

Little_Sticks

Knowledge is fine when applied correctly. Knowledge that allows for missinterpretation can be more of an issue. Sorry if other people don't want to bother with things, I prefer accuracy in both data and definition. Do that, then I'll pet logic on the head.

I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not going To go and analyze their extensive test to find the subtle differences between mbti and socionics. They don't even do that themselves and frankly from a J standpoint I would have to become one of their scientists just to appease you which would take enormous
amounts of time and it's so close to mbti that the practical application still applies very well. Now I'm sorry that's not good enough for you but this is very helpful for people to consider. It's statistical data and from an objective standpoint and is very helpful, much more than just saying that the relationship is cute and good luck and saying simple things like give me
enough space and don't be pushy or over-plan, blah blah blah, etc. Etc. That's all fine and there's nothing wrong wih saying such, and I'm only being a dick right now because I draw the line when this can help people better understand likely areas of conflict and it's he only way to prove this valid point. Socioincs is helpful and you can bitch and moan all you want just because it's not as subjective as what everyone posts, but it's very helpful and because of such I will not back down.
... Unless the op doesn't care in which case I stop caring cause this is intended for that person anyway.

Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
INFPs seem interesting and low maintenance too.:D I should look for a INFP gal, where can I find me one of them?:wubbie:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on what you mean by low maintenance...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Socionics INFp doesn't just cover MBIT INFP and it also doesn't cover all MBTI INFPs. A similar thing happens between INTj and INTJ. A little blerb stating that understanding would have been enough for me. It gives related information that people can quickly see and read more if they want or ignore it. It does, however, give less excuse for ignorance, but I guess you don't care about that.

Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.

Little_Sticks

Oh for crying out loud. I never said it was fact or truth. I just said to consider it. It could mean it doesn't apply or does apply. It's to be considered because there is a good chance it will apply.

What exactly is wrong with saying that? I think all you want to do is attack me because it's not fact and can't be proven as fact and isn't suggestions coming straight from an INFP's mouth.

Thanks for attacking me further by calling me ignorant. The same could be said for you, but doing such a thing isn't necessary. If you don't like something I say or do suggest how I can improve it, don't piss all over me and tell me to metaphorically shut up or that I'm ignorant. For Christ's sake. Now I'm reminded why I was hell-bent on thinking I was T.

Costrin said:
Yes, exactly. Just put a disclaimer that one, you're using Socionics, and two, there may be differences converting between the two systems.
Okay, sounds good. The thought didn't cross my mind to originally. I'm not perfect. This is a good example of not attacking someone personally and suggesting what could be improved and why.

I'm not your enemy. If you don't agree with me you don't have to put me down.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know enough about Socionics to agree or disagree with you. My problem was purely data representation.

sabastious

MBTI Type
INFP
What makes INFPs happy?

Being appreciated for our stengths. Which brings me to the next question

What makes them feel appreciated?

In my experience as an INFP people like to stamp me with tags. 'Too Passionate' or 'I care too much.' I like to be acknowledged for the things I care about, not ridiculed for 'caring too much about something.'

Is there anything NOT to say/do?

I hate to be told to 'stop caring so much about something I care about.' Never tell an INFP how to think when your dealing with situation's that are less black and white and more grey. INFP's have good intuition and instincts in that arena, embrace that as a strength.

What do they find attractive?

Emotionally aware people.

What do they not find attractive?

Insisting that you are always right and always have the most benificial solution to the problem at all times.

What is their primary method of communication?

I love to talk to close friends and my wife. Writing is great, like in Instant Messaging or Email, we have a lot to say.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
What makes INFPs happy?

Generally drinking with friends, shopping, babies and cute animals, and being properly romanced brings a big smile to my face.

What makes them feel appreciated?

Being appreciated. Trust me we can tell when we are and when we aren't.

Is there anything NOT to say/do?

Don't play with our hearts:blush: Just be kind and sensitive and enthusiastic about us.

What do they find attractive?

Big hearts and big brains.

What do they not find attractive?

Snideness. We're idealistic so don't ever tell us "no" or "you can't". We never let a silly thing like reality ruin our day if we can help it:yes:

What is their primary method of communication?

I do love writing. If I can't be in person speaking with someone I'd probably prefer something like Messenger or AIM to the phone.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
INFPs seem interesting and low maintenance too.:D I should look for a INFP gal, where can I find me one of them?:wubbie:

Xcuse me The 3rd - but felt that I must comment on low maintenance bit as well. True we can be low maintenance when it comes to the things standardly seen as important in a mate. However, we can be freakingly, up to the moon, back and around the earth high maintenance when it comes to say... our values. I know that I am. Acting on my values I have shocked and literally floored many people and stopped being a sweetheart in a quarter of a second. So if u don't want to get ur feathers burnt I wouldn't put us into cuties section too quickly :smile:. U see - two words and u got urself 'the talk'. :devil:

As runvardh has said - depends how u interpret low maintenance.

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Oh dear- I suppose I should be more patient and actually track replies on threads I make. Hehe...sorry. :)

I did appreciate the responses very much, and affirmed exactly what I wasn't quite sure of, in regards to characteristics of my INFP. However, while I did appreciate the 'warning' (not sure what else to call it), put forth by one of the responses, I can assure you that it isn't 'one-sided'. Perhaps my diction was a bit unclear? I usually think that in any relationship, one should be concerned with the well-being of the other partner (not forgetting to take care of themselves mind you, as that can lead to the lopsidedness you seem to be concerned with, and rightfully so in most cases).

Anyway, thanks again to repliers. :)