• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How Do You Amuse Yourself?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I know you're just lining up to make masturbation euphemisms...

Lots of talk about how INJs tend to have some interesting ways of keeping themselves amused in solitude. I have read some great threads over on the INFJ group on Facebook about this, and wanted to ask around here.

I'll start.

1.) Reading a really good book, then laying in my bed staring at the ceiling for a few hours imagining myself in the story, then imagining a whole new story, then making notes about how this new story will go. It's so fucking fun, I ain't playin'.

2.) I will spend time with my puppets and bond with them, and watch them bond with each other. I will also film certain puppets and post the best clips on YouTube.

3.) I will lip sync to songs on my video camera then watch myself lip syncing on camera and laugh.

4.) I will stare out the window, drool, and think long and hard about my future and all the great things I want to do, then I will think long and hard about my past and all the great things I didn't do. I will then think long and hard about how to stop thinking so long and hard so I can just go out and do some shit.

5.) I will go through my phone book and leave carefully thought out obscene messages on my friends work voicemail boxes so they have something fun to enjoy when they get there in the morning.

6.) I will play The Sims 2, and indulge my desires for controlling the universe. I will create Sims, create their surroundings, and create a whole sprawling story about them all in my head. I will make my favorite Sims fight in the interest of realism, cry when they cry, and then I will look at the 5 hours of my life I've just wasted and ask myself just what the hell is wrong with me.

How about you? What are your solitary amusements?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yes! I'm included as an "INJ" (It's all part of my plan to make the NFs accustomed to my presence and then...oh uh, anyway).

I second staring at the ceiling thinking up stories.

The puppeteering thing is a little weird, but I make lists of things on notepad (for fun and because it makes me feel useful), so I guess I can't judge.

Drawing/painting/doodling/reading.

Going through the interwebs and collecting pictures of things that I think are pretty/artsy/appealing/Alan Rickman.

Watching my oregano plants grow.

Cleaning/going through my possessions and throwing stuff out.

heart

heart on fire
I read history, listen to music, talk to the cat, post on boards.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aww. Caught my mind in the act.

1. Play video games
2. Talk to people on the net, on the phone, etc.
3. Sit here on the internet
4. Exercise

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes! I'm included as an "INJ" (It's all part of my plan to make the NFs accustomed to my presence and then...oh uh, anyway).

The puppeteering thing is a little weird, but I make lists of things on notepad (for fun and because it makes me feel useful), so I guess I can't judge.

Going through the interwebs and collecting pictures of things that I think are pretty/artsy/appealing/Alan Rickman.

Yeah, "Puppets" is a word that usually throws people when I use it, but my foul mouthed puppets just make me happy: YouTube - T-Rez & The Scary Movie

I also collect pictures. I have gotten better at not hoarding material things, so I just hoard gigabytes worth of stuff I yank off the net to satisfy the hoarding urge without taking up as much (physical) space.

I have an "Appealing" folder too, with a nice "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub-folder :devil:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, "Puppets" is a word that usually throws people when I use it, but my foul mouthed puppets just make me happy: YouTube - T-Rez & The Scary Movie

I also collect pictures. I have gotten better at not hoarding material things, so I just hoard gigabytes worth of stuff I yank off the net to satisfy the hoarding urge without taking up as much (physical) space.

I have an "Appealing" folder too, with a nice "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub-folder :devil:

Rofl at both that video and the "Shirtless Clive Owen" sub folder :rofl1:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

How the-? First (jokingly) thought in my head. Wow.

I usually design something or write. I really like writing screenplays, philosophy, novels... I also create and edit films, which is great fun.

I sometimes just sit and daydream or think. I have a journal I'll write random thoughts into, and it contains a lot of my "Ni" per-se.

Artichoke

MBTI Type
ENFP
I sometimes just sit and daydream or think. I have a journal I'll write random thoughts into, and it contains a lot of my "Ni" per-se.

How so?

I like to read and write a fair bit and stalk youtube as well, but i've just moved to a new town, so i can't be too sure if i would do that as much as i would if i new more people...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I amuse myself CONSTANTLY.

My life is a series of events in which I find something entertaining in them all.

Fun is an attitude, it is not my purpose in life to be overly serious.

There are two things I cannot tolerate:
---------------------------------------
(1) Hunger
(2) Boredom

Gotta' go make eggs, toast, and bacon!

:happy:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I read a lot. I go to the library. I write, then revise, then delete, then I write some more. I find new words to add to my running list of new words.

I walk to the beach and listen to it/watch it.

I listen to music, I often try to repeat the song exactly in my head at a later time.

I've just started positing on this website and it seems to take up a fair bit of my time lately.

I think of how my life could be years away from now. I dream of traveling all over the world. I look up recipes to food I'll probably never cook because I want to enjoy cooking but, the enjoyment of it comes in spurts... hahaha. That was not a euphemism.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I create characters, become the said characters, think like the characters and eventually feel like I'm about to lose my real identity forever.

Philosophizing.

Daydreaming. Usually about some of my imaginary worlds. Or imaginary conversations and unlikely idealized future.

Exploiting the AI and finding new creative ways to blow up people in video games. And real life...

The normal things, like internet, movies, music, reading, writing, drawing, art, etc.

Going out. Usually alone, for a walk or sitting down somewhere.

More unusual things, some of which I covered in another thread here.

Nyx

I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to comment on collecting pictures of appealing things/Alan Rickman...

I thought I was the only one!

Also, I enjoy going through my possessions and throwing things out/reorganizing...oddly satisfying

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think about what it would be like to have George Bush shove his mufasa up my ass.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lots of writing and philosophizing. Though I must admit that during the school year, teaching destroys all the enjoyable parts of my mind and leaves me with just a bad brain fog. ;-;

I love playing with my cats... or just watching them act weirdly.

Arts of all kinds.

Reading.

4channing... I'm an addict of the /co/ board.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Read fiction

Play WoW

This forum

Listen to podcast novels

Putter around in the garden

Daydream about building a passive solar house and raising chickens (which I would probably hate irl, but I love the idea)

Occasionally sew or some other project

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Sorry I never replied to this post. I write a lot of my thoughts into the journal. It's rather random, and I don't really describe anything- I suppose it's more of a book composed of conclusions I've come to through Ni. I'm afraid someone will find it and deem me mentally unstable.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i can't stand sitting down

*crickets chirp*

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Daydreaming. Listening to music. Reading speculative fiction. Posting on teh interwebs. Unspecified other escapisms which change with my obsessions and moods. Mostly I like some kind of learning, therefore my handle (SciVo = scientivore = knowledge devourer).

Sorry I never replied to this post. I write a lot of my thoughts into the journal. It's rather random, and I don't really describe anything- I suppose it's more of a book composed of conclusions I've come to through Ni. I'm afraid someone will find it and deem me mentally unstable.

I started a journal in college. I really needed a place to express my thoughts and feelings without self-censorship, and I couldn't afford a therapist. Then a girl young woman became excited when she spotted it on my shelf, and grabbed it to read. She was so determined that I was forced to use force to remove it from her grasp; which violated my belief that a man should never use force against a woman at all, but was necessary out of sheer gibbering fear of my loss of necessary privacy. Upon retrieval, I immediately burned the journal, drowned the ashes, and threw the sludge out in a dumpster.

Many years later, I still need a place to express my thoughts and feelings without self-censorship, and who can afford a daily therapist? But now, even though I haven't lived in a dorm in a very long time, I still don't have a journal because of an irrational primal fear that it'll somehow be snatched and read. Damn her.

Last edited:

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Many years later, I still need a place to express my thoughts and feelings without self-censorship, and who can afford a daily therapist? But now, even though I haven't lived in a dorm in a very long time, I still don't have a journal because of an irrational primal fear that it'll somehow be snatched and read. Damn her.
You could always put on a top hat, pull out a feathered quill, and write your thoughts down on a piece of parchment with your tongue subtly protruding from your mouth and your eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You could always put on a top hat, pull out a feathered quill, and write your thoughts down on a piece of parchment with your tongue subtly protruding from your mouth and your eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Damn the obvious solutions for eluding me for so long! Damn them! *shakes fist*