• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs:Relaxed or Intense?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ We should show him some heat :devil:

I'm game, I think...

Since it kinda sorta vaguely relates to this discussion [whether INFPs are still fluffy bunnies when pissed off], what's up with the wannabe INFP in your description on the left?

I'm not used to hearing other people say/write that they want to be INFP's :huh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm game, I think...

Since it kinda sorta vaguely relates to this discussion [whether INFPs are still fluffy bunnies when pissed off], what's up with the wannabe INFP in your description on the left?

I'm not used to hearing other people say/write that they want to be INFP's :huh:

Well, get used to it then, it does happen..:smooch:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I think people are getting hung up on the word "intense" as if it only has a negative meaning.

I's actually a neutral word. It can be negative or positive, depending on the context.

When people call me intense I take it as a compliment, unless they are clearly using it in a derogatory way.

Most ENFP"s I've met have been here in Colorado. Every ENFP that I can think of that I've ever met does or did live in Colorado. Almost all of them were in college at the time. Most of those were outdoorsy hippie women, all but one I think. Colorado is pretty laid back. They were busy with school and stuff. They'd get tired or frustrated, but intense no I don't think so. I also come from a military and martial arts background, so my bar for intense may be different than others. Still, I think it always had more of a "lets go hang out on a mountaintop and admire the views while eating our Clif bars, and maybe maybe have a little bit of philosophical discussion too" vibe to it.
That or "physics homework is hard, and REALLY sucks." I need to meet more ENFP's... Perhaps someday we will have Colorado NFP hippie babies together :wubbie:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wonka, looking at your pics you are clearly intense in some of them [like the recent one].

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If you are an ENFP---Which of following options generally describes you?: relaxed, intense, or it depends on the situation?

It entirely depends on the situation. I can be both, and my personality allows for it. I'd say I'm intense more often than not when it comes to any given situation, but the lull in life (day-to-day stuff) I'm pretty laid back.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think this is a good ENFP qualifying question. Because I think I'm pretty laid back but I also have a lot of energy and I am capable of intense concentration and intense emotion. For my baseline, I prefer being relaxed.

Here's the rub though - I have no idea what other people would say. Actually, I think they would probably say I'm laid-back and 'posi' or upbeat.

The opposite of relaxed to me though is tense, not intense.

Ne/Fi means hyper/aware and sensitive to outside stimuli and ENTPs have a "silly switch".

I'll have to ask people. But we need more definitions, mang!

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting question! I had never thought about it, so I asked my family what they thought. Intense, unanimously.

Probably most ENFPs are a mixture of both. The whole NF deeply-held values thing seems to lend itself to intensity. But the E and the P seem a bit more relaxed. Dunno.

When I was little, I told everyone I was melodramatic. I thought the word was a mash-up between mellow and dramatic. Dramatic isn't the same as intense, I know, but still. I know I zip between intense and relaxed, at least internally.

Also, INFPs as angry bunnies? When my INFP brother gets mad, I can't look him in the face. I'm afraid of getting my eyelashes singed off from all that combustion in his eyes!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If you are an ENFP---Which of following options generally describes you?: relaxed, intense, or it depends on the situation?

How I am depends on the situation, the people around me (or the lack of people around me), the general athmosphere etc.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm definitely both. I would describe what others perceive as intense as my INTish side, so not in the sense of intense emotion for the most part. And I'm always pretty relaxed unless someone fucks with the holy Fi.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say intense, but its the context of my interactions with ENFP. Its an action focused intensity though, not as much of a person based intensity.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Relaxed, unless you strike up one of my passions or attack one of my values. Then intense.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Very relaxed and super casual, until you get into a relationship with one of them...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
We give the illusion of being relaxed, a lot. But I think as a general rule of thumb, we are pretty intense. Some more than others.

I am not relaxed at all. I am extremely intense. I have a really sharp edge and can be really driving and percevering.

As an ENFP, I am very intense.

ENFPs and being relaxed and layed back is sort of a common misconception. DON'T JUDGE US!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We give the illusion of being relaxed, a lot. But I think as a general rule of thumb, we are pretty intense. Some more than others.

I am not relaxed at all. I am extremely intense. I have a really sharp edge and can be really driving and percevering.

As an ENFP, I am very intense.

ENFPs and being relaxed and layed back is sort of a common misconception. DON'T JUDGE US!

I think I strangely understand relaxed yet intense. I can be the same way with actions if I have goal. Its a fun intense, it appears chaotic with everything under control. This is not my normal mode, but its fun and I enjoy it. Its kinda like being in the zone, but its usually not focused on me so its not my normal mode like an ENFP. Its when I hit Se and run off of pure perception.

It reminds me of working at discount tire. I would have tires stacked up in front of 2 balancers and would run both at the same time. As I got one started I would run to the second one, hop over the stack of tires, popping off the top one with my feet, grab it as it popped off and get it on the balancer and then go back to the other one. Running back and forth popping the tires off the stack as I hopped over them. I would actually have people watch me as I worked, I even had one person question my accuracy and after each balance I stopped for a second to show him his tires were perfectly balanced. I love physically doing alot of things at once and going 90 miles per hour. Then we got new management and it got boring and became a job.

I wish I could get into this mode more often.

sculpting

I think I strangely understand relaxed yet intense. I can be the same way with actions if I have goal. Its a fun intense, it appears chaotic with everything under control. This is not my normal mode, but its fun and I enjoy it. Its kinda like being in the zone, but its usually not focused on me so its not my normal mode like an ENFP. Its when I hit Se and run off of pure perception.

It reminds me of working at discount tire. I would have tires stacked up in front of 2 balancers and would run both at the same time. As I got one started I would run to the second one, hop over the stack of tires, popping off the top one with my feet, grab it as it popped off and get it on the balancer and then go back to the other one. Running back and forth popping the tires off the stack as I hopped over them. I would actually have people watch me as I worked, I even had one person question my accuracy and after each balance I stopped for a second to show him his tires were perfectly balanced. I love physically doing alot of things at once and going 90 miles per hour. Then we got new management and it got boring and became a job.

I wish I could get into this mode more often.

Poki, you sound like my ISTP. Everything is a competition against himself physically.

He rode skateboards and BMX bikes and would push himself further and faster than others. He worked at tshirt shop and worked harder and harder until he could silk screen twice the number of shirts as other folks. At another job he packed things into shipping crates and labelled them. Everyday he would pack more and more, until he was better than everyone else. At another job he took care of mentally handicapped folks. He prided himself on how well he cared for them and what he helped them achive physically. Now he is a tattoo artist, but again he does more tattoos than anyone else and makes his shop more money than any other of the shops in the chain in the city.

Everything is a game in a very Se dominant way against himself. Once he wins he quits and finds another game to play. I think living in Se or Ne can be exhilerating for short periods of time-like playing!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say ENFP's are intense.I think that's more the territory of Ti doms. The few ENFP's I know, I would describe as "ambitious" They tend to have no trouble in executing a goal once they have an interest in something/someone. It's amazing how much they can get done with a small inspiration.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Poki, you sound like my ISTP. Everything is a competition against himself physically.

He rode skateboards and BMX bikes and would push himself further and faster than others. He worked at tshirt shop and worked harder and harder until he could silk screen twice the number of shirts as other folks. At another job he packed things into shipping crates and labelled them. Everyday he would pack more and more, until he was better than everyone else. At another job he took care of mentally handicapped folks. He prided himself on how well he cared for them and what he helped them achive physically. Now he is a tattoo artist, but again he does more tattoos than anyone else and makes his shop more money than any other of the shops in the chain in the city.

Everything is a game in a very Se dominant way against himself. Once he wins he quits and finds another game to play. I think living in Se or Ne can be exhilerating for short periods of time-like playing!

It wasnt ever to beat anyone though or be faster than anyone. It was just purely for fun. I never got frustrated when I screwed up or got mad at myself because I never really had a goal to be the fastest or best. I dont pride myself on being the best on anything and actually dont like to compete. I push myself because I like seeing what I can do. I will share it with the people I am close with, but I really dont want to be known as good at something. I dont like expectations. Being smart or the best all come with expectations. Those expectations seem to ruin the fun of things. Think of the dad who pushes his kid at a sport to the point where it turns from a game into a competition.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Interesting question! I had never thought about it, so I asked my family what they thought. Intense, unanimously.

This is what I suspect to be the case most of the time.

Though most ENFPs seem to consider themselves non-intense, if you ask the people who know them best, they will probably say the ENFP is intense.

I can't tell from the responses here, though.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
They're intense about being relaxed. ie, they can try to force people to "chill out", no matter the situation.