• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] infj passion

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
triangular theory of love. passion, intimacy, and commitment.

passion = magnetic force of attraction. it makes you want this person so much you forget about others. singular sight line, specificity of vision.

what makes this happen for infjs? my theory before was that Fi was what i needed more than anything to feed me. it is obvious for me now that dominant iNtuitives communicate more easily with each other. information is more easily expressed. this helps generate thought but, at times, can also catalyze feeling.

i still feel that Fi is what fuels me. it is what makes me come out of my Self to extrovert with Fe. it motivates my desire to communicate and connect with others. it is what i want to free everywhere, express, articulate, capture in a bottle.

Ti is important to me and i enjoy connecting with T to shore up my logical defenses and strategization. but i don't love it.

i love N ideas, they inspire me, get me enthused and excited, get me to speak up and share what i've gathered for the group. but i love what they do for human beings, the ways in which they help them understand themselves, connect them with each other, get them in touch with their potential, their senses of self, etc.

i care about and feel compassion for others intermittently in an easy come easy go kind of way. but this question of passion is about being in-touch with one's own individual needs, knowing what matters most to you, your deepest desires, the chemical compounds you need from others to thrive, etc. i feel out-of-touch with what should be such a simple question.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm passionate about pretty much everything. Pretty much :)

I think it's primarily Ni that causes this, because the other NJ types seem to exhibit the same passion in their respective areas...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but what makes you passionately love someone? what makes you want one specific person more than anyone and everyone else? do infjs feel this happen for them easily, often, etc?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but what makes you passionately love someone? what makes you want one specific person more than anyone and everyone else? do infjs feel this happen for them easily, often, etc?

When in the right circumstances. YES. and its hard to shake once its done on with.

Its extasy - bring that passion out of your inner world and into the outer..nothing feels better. I daresay not much really is better, but I still have alot of life expirence left to taste.

To me - Expirences are a full sensory deal, touch, feel, taste, smell, and did I mention feel? People are like new drinks being mixed and new places are like total different islands there to explore. (this is all stuck in my head of course) My main drive in life is to find the "perfect" peace, that I have never know before, and this feuls my constant passion search/life.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

None of your business ;)

I would have a hard time expressing it in words because I wouldn't feel they were adequate enough (or I really just don't want to because I don't like discussing my love life...). I wouldn't say I've loved many people in my life. I'm not very comfortable with that kind of vulnerability, unfortunately.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am trying to see what passion means for inferior Se users. how you become enraptured in another person so much that you take on a singular focus for them.

in the triangular theory of love, passion is what makes the relationship new and renewed.
intimacy is your ability to communicate. and commitment is loyalty and decision.

but passion and intimacy are the reason to commit, otherwise it becomes empty. intimacy is easily understood. it is our bread and butter. we do it easily with many many people, and the ones that can give us something back we immediately know we want to keep. but passion is about focusing desire, inspiring desire, not just Se desire but a desire to be closer, to share more, a feeling of ACCELERATION, wanting to be together, fucking magnetic attraction, just being together, etc.

it's where the challenging and inspiring and artistic and deeply romantic elements of a relationship lie. the fucking charge you get from specific people. what gives you that and sets you off as infjs?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say I've loved many people in my life. I'm not very comfortable with that kind of vulnerability, unfortunately.

goddammit lauren ashley! i need help! (pouting like calvin from calvin and hobbes). do you think this is a common problem for infjs? and is it really our discomfort with vulnerability or is it that we just don't often find the right person and try to make it work in situations that don't inspire us? or are we really so fragile that only a select few can have any hope of unlocking us completely?

i mean, to put it simply- infjs have the worst love stories in history, it seems.

at times i feel we are identifying our intensity and at times weightiness with passion. but is it? or are we just heavy and somber creatures who are terrified of getting hurt?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
State, buddy, you just need a good rogering. Remove that overthinking.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ehm. We over think THAT too.

That's my point. That's why I didn't tell him to go find someone to have sex with. I was implying that someone should find him and have sex with him.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's my point. That's why I didn't tell him to go find someone to have sex with. I was implying that someone should find him and have sex with him.

But this is an emotional expirence for some of us! HE COULD FALL INTO LOVE AFTER ONE NIGHT. Is this really what you want to happen?????
I'd still say a night alone is better.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But this is an emotional expirence for some of us! HE COULD FALL INTO LOVE AFTER ONE NIGHT. Is this really what you want to happen?????
I'd still say a night alone is better.

Not if the woman was wearing a mask and never talked to him. Just screwed his brains out and left after he fell asleep.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
goddammit lauren ashley! i need help! (pouting like calvin from calvin and hobbes). do you think this is a common problem for infjs?
Sorry :D

Some do, but not all. I know some INFJs that jump headfirst into love. And I think I was like that at some point, but as you know, love hurts. It's probably because love means more than anything else to INFJs, that some are hesistant to be so nonchalant about it.

and is it really our discomfort with vulnerability or is it that we just don't often find the right person and try to make it work in situations that don't inspire us? or are we really so fragile that only a select few can have any hope of unlocking us completely?
All of the above. Because so many people are not the "right person," it makes INFJs weary about being vulnerable. And of course INFJs are very fragile, yet strong :)

i mean, to put it simply- infjs have the worst love stories in history, it seems.

at times i feel we are identifying our intensity and at times weightiness with passion.
I sure do.

What is passion if not intense feeling?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is passion if not intense feeling?

It makes us special - also on that note - I think the "right person" is more common than we might think. I mean they could right in front of us but until we reach a level of self awareness, we might be the ones overlooking them :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It makes us special - also on that note - I think the "right person" is more common than we might think. I mean they could right in front of us but until we reach a level of self awareness, we might be the ones overlooking them :)

People are like pegs and holes. Some people don't fit, some fit okay, and some fit perfectly like they were made just for you.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not if the woman was wearing a mask and never talked to him. Just screwed his brains out and left after he fell asleep.

That sounds like a reason to go track down a masked woman upon with he wants to have a glimse her face. It just doesnt seem like a good idea.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
That sounds like a reason to go track down a masked woman upon with he wants to have a glimse her face. It just doesnt seem like a good idea.

Yeah, you are probably correct, but he still needs it. Too much thinking.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't know about you, but I have extremely high standards. This isn't necessarily a good thing. But your regular joe walking down the street is not the "right person" for me. I'd rather be alone than with someone who I'm unhappy with.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about you, but I have extremely high standards. This isn't necessarily a good thing. But your regular joe walking down the street is not the "right person" for me. I'd rather be alone than with someone who I'm unhappy with.

My standards are in the lacking department sometimes. Sometimes they arent. I just think that the right person is just a teesy bit more common than you might think. not that you find them easily, but they can be so easy to overlook.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My standards are in the lacking department sometimes. Sometimes they arent. I just think that the right person is just a teesy bit more common than you might think. not that you find them easily, but they can be so easy to overlook.

I do agree to an extent. Which is why I keep my eyes open for prospects :yes: