• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP preferred romantic type

INFP preferred romantic type

• INFP

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • INFJ

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • ISFP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• I am not an INFP

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These INFPs on board are just cruel folk saying they don't love us! :cry:

Oh no, trust me there have been many ISTJ appreciation related comments and threads that have come from INFPs. Which is why it's ironic. :tongue:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I voted for the types I know I click with - two examples, only one for certain - and I know I don't know everything. If I 'click' with someone type is secondary.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I didn't even vote. :) I'm taken, and don't plan on finding anybody else, but I don't think I could narrow down one "type" that's "my type." So much depends on the person. I dunno.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I voted for the types I know I click with - two examples, only one for certain - and I know I don't know everything. If I 'click' with someone type is secondary.

Same for me. I try NOT to type people. For me it adds little, and tends to make me think of stereotypes rather than knowing the individual.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ that was something i noticed when i was thinking about my votes in this thread; that unless i know a person's type (and most of the time i do not), i can't really say either way whether knowledge the type would affect anything..i'm way happier getting to know someone in person first before delving into anything archetypal in nature.

i don't think i stereotype too badly when i do know a person's type; if anything it compels me to focus on the aspects of their character that do not fit the pattern of their type, which can be interesting if not fun (at least for a nerd such as myself) to ponder..

i, too, voted for the few types i know i click with well platonically and otherwise. unfortunately for the poll i am indeed an introvert and dont have a very big sample pool to work with :)

i like ISTJs..but i wouldnt say in a romantic way. (definitely don't call us cruel if you want our attentions, ha!)

...well, if there is anything to be learned from threads like this, it's that even people of the same type can differ greatly in their relationship preferences - what style of relationships they look for, and with what types of people.

there are plenty of NF women who prefer SJs. maybe they don't vote in polls, but they exist.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
E>I
N>S
F>T
J>P

Extroverts are more exciting, I can't tolerate sensors romantically very long, I need someone who I can emotionally connect with, I need a planner who can ground me, but still has spontaneity. In conclusion: ENFJ.

I do also have a thing for some ENTPs and INTJs with well developed Fe.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just vouching for one INTJ that I swear didn't tamper with the polls. I so was thinking about it too, I had to force my hand to pick the "I'm not one" before I did anything else...

this makes me feel better about the INFP I totally am head over heels for. If nothing else, at least web statistics can prove her feelings for me!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just vouching for one INTJ that I swear didn't tamper with the polls. I so was thinking about it too, I had to force my hand to pick the "I'm not one" before I did anything else...

this makes me feel better about the INFP I totally am head over heels for. If nothing else, at least web statistics can prove her feelings for me!

I'm stuck between finding this cute and sad...

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm stuck between finding this cute and sad...

My ISTJ friend and I invented this thing called "/sar"

on the internet, you can add it to the end of your posts to indicate the always-elusive "internet sarcasm" which is unfortunately so prevalent in most of my posts.

Anyways, I should've probably put it at the end of that last one!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISTJ friend and I invented this thing called "/sar"

on the internet, you can add it to the end of your posts to indicate the always-elusive "internet sarcasm" which is unfortunately so prevalent in most of my posts.

Anyways, I should've probably put it at the end of that last one!

I probably should have too...

Agnosco311

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
Yea... both of my last relationships were with SJs and they both lasted 2 grueling years each haha... I don't know how I made them last as long as they did... still in love with the last one but the more I'm digging into personality assessment... the more I'm realizing how long I've lived in denial of being an INFP... SJs are a big mistake for NFPs ... no matter how beautiful, smart and amazing in bed they are

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Care to elaborate? I've always found an ISTJ-INFP pairing to at least seem to work out on many levels, so I'm curious....is it the whole "too much Si" thing?

Little_Sticks

:jew: It's a trap! Hit the trap button! ISTJs that have little or no shadow development are a bad matchup. Consult the chart!

Chart of types with undeveloped shadow functions.
Table.gif

If you are balanced in some areas you can average out your type with the other type or types you are closest to and figure your ideal matches. Believe in the chart!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
:jew: It's a trap! Hit the trap button! ISTJs that have little or no shadow development are a bad matchup. Consult the chart!

Table.gif

If you are balanced in some areas you can average out your type with the other type or types you are closest to and figure your ideal matches. Believe in the chart!

I'm sure this chart was developed by rigorous investigation and data collection into the success rate and happiness levels of relationships from a large sample of people from all types.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Table.gif

I don't get it. Is that chart saying that an INFP with undeveloped shadow functions is best matched with an ENFJ or another INFP with undeveloped shadow functions?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Little sticks I don't think you read the title of this thread. It's for INFPs. And you stick in a chart. A chart! :dont:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought it was cute someone would do that; though I do laugh at the data some.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Table.gif

Did you make this chart yourself? LMAO! :D

It seems like you just matched up all NFs, all SFs, all STs, and all NTs for the good and excellent matches....