• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP preferred romantic type

INFP preferred romantic type

• INFP

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • INFJ

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • ISFP

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• I am not an INFP

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters

tangos

MBTI Type
infp
my last partner was an ESTJ - when it was good, it was good.. when it was bad.. it was absolutely awful! He was a wonderfully supportive rock.. but when I was feeling low & couldn't stand up for myself or explain exactly what I needed, I got steamrollered & depressed.

my favorite brother is an ENFP.. we just "get" each other & can talk about anything. I've often thought I'd like to meet a man like him!

Lately I've been crushing on an ISFJ .. so yeah, all over the place hmm?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I've heard many INFPs say they want someone that will only show their soft, fuzzy, lovable side to them. An -NTJ is their best bet at that.

They can't have other NFs to themselves like they do an xNTJ, as pretty much all the other NFs (besides INFPs) are people people.

NTJ is their best bet? :shock:

You INFPs are crazy idealists for sure. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps we are just masochists? :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sounded just like one :wubbie:

When at 8 years old you start to see a need for Te just to ensure you're getting basic needs it can show in your tone once in a while. These days, as much as my type has a habit of getting steamrolled, I've picked up a habit of steamrolling others at critical moments. One of the reasons why I prefer Js mostly, they'll more likely understand or appreciate it more.

I was considering military, but I don't think I'd be able to handle that kind of environment. Same goes for police. It's just not really my cup of tea.

I think I've said it before, but I spent much of my teen years in a para-military organization. Summer camp was a vacation from the destructive chaos of my home growing up. I've actually had the chief of police in my home town ask me if I wanted to be a cop after seeing my target scores. I have also seriously thought about getting into the military earlier in my 20s; but now it has faded to a minor temptation that waxes and wanes like the moon.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTJ is their best bet? :shock:

You INFPs are crazy idealists for sure. :D

Haha, in regards to that I include INTPs after having experienced one. The only rationalist I'm tentative of is the ENTP which seems to be like playing a mix of chess and poker.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I've said it before, but I spent much of my teen years in a para-military organization. Summer camp was a vacation from the destructive chaos of my home growing up. I've actually had the chief of police in my home town ask me if I wanted to be a cop after seeing my target scores. I have also seriously thought about getting into the military earlier in my 20s; but now it has faded to a minor temptation that waxes and wanes like the moon.

That's very interesting. Do you remember where you said this, or can you send me a link to it?

I grew up a military brat. I've shot guns and was in the Boy Scouts and did martial arts as a kid, but no paramilitary training though.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I vote allegiance to my ESTJ. He is what he says and says what he means. Gotta love it. And I love him. :heart:

I do enjoy the banter and verbal sparring with NTJ's.

NF men are always warm souls too.

Oh and SP's - the "good with your hands" type.

Ahhh, wonderful traits to enjoy in all types really :wubbie:! All you single young 'uns, it's a wonder you don't try them all, like ice cream flavors! ;)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:doh: You're putting way too much thought into it. You gotta cast a fishing line if you want to catch fish!

Not that I'm "on the market" at the moment, but I know how to lure in INTJs.....

Just be completely myself, without apology, at ALL COSTS---even with disastrous social consequences.

You INTJs find that kind of authenticity and resolve endlessly appealing, dont you?

I think that keeping an INTJ would be a whole other matter, though.........

Not sure I could do it.

And not sure I'd ever want to try. ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's very interesting. Do you remember where you said this, or can you send me a link to it?

I grew up a military brat. I've shot guns and was in the Boy Scouts and did martial arts as a kid, but no paramilitary training though.

I don't remember where specifically I put it; might be in one of my blogs, might be in any of the other forums, PMs, or profile messages... What did you want to know?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perhaps we are just masochists? :D

Perhaps you are just a crazy masochist.

I, in my most ideal imaginings, want no TJs as romantic partners, and I already made a point of explaining how awful I think that would be.

I mean, hey, I could be proven wrong some day. But I certainly don't plan on it.

Ambrosia

MBTI Type
INFP
At this point in my life, I'm actually thinking another INFP would be best for me. I think each type has it's own language, but I think INFP can be especially difficult to learn... (Maybe I'm just flattering myself.)

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
ENTJ --- I know I could make a relationship work with any healthy type, but this was my experience. It worked and was wonderful.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm ridiculously attracted to ENTJs as well... I don't know why!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost suspect that xNTJ - INFP would actually be better with the INFP being male.

I don't really know, though. This is just all theorizing on my part.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
My experience was as a female INFP with a male ENTJ... I'm not sure it matters.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I almost suspect that xNTJ - INFP would actually be better with the INFP being male.

I don't really know, though. This is just all theorizing on my part.

:thumbdown: :nono:

Have you met NTJ women!?!?! I'm sure it could work in some cases, but I'd imagine it wouldn't work in FAR more. Maybe I just met a lot of not-compatible women??? Recalling those memories still makes me want to vomit though...
That's harsh I know, but it is my experience. I hope its not other peoples experience too.