• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni and clairvoyance?

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I fit there, yes. :D

Believe me, I'm open, but I naturally approach things with skepticism. Now I'm not saying anything's impossible, but right now, I just don't see it.

I get you, I'm normally the same way. I dunno if this is an INFP thing, but sometimes when I get the slightest proof of certain things, I want to believe in them so bad, you know?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem is basically my understanding of the entropy to believe in it.

^^^that sentence is absurdly ENTP.

In any case, maybe we'll have sorted out the veracity of ESP around the time we get the answer to the infamous last question, then itll be a moot point. :D

I must say, I'm with entropie on this one. For the same reason I don't believe in fairies etc. I don't think it makes me close-minded.
I've seen no proof of the concept, therefore remaining skeptic is the obvious thing to do.

Given that my belief in the probability based on direct experience I can't really argue with that.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get you, I'm normally the same way. I dunno if this is an INFP thing, but sometimes when I get the slightest proof of certain things, I want to believe in them so bad, you know?

I understand, definitely.

Jaguar

I'm not all that open the possibility of vision, premonitions, and psychic ability only because I've seen more evidence of it being a sleight of hand parlor trick used to manipulate people or rip them off more than I've seen evidence of it being real. You put those who claim ESP, psychic abilities, etc. into a controlled environment and MUCH MUCH more often than not, they're proven to be frauds.

Blacks commit crimes.
According to your line of thinking:

All blacks are criminals.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok forget it, I talk in german the same way :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would it be absurdly ENTP too, if you take into equation that I am not a native speaker ? Just curious

Then perhaps its more innate than you give yourself credit for. On the other hand do you consider yourself a cunning linguist?

Blacks commit crimes.
According to your line of thinking:

All blacks are criminals.

The man speaks truth. Placed in a controlled laboratory setting, I would in fact hold up a liquor store.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You said cunning linguist.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Then perhaps its more innate than you give yourself credit for. On the other hand do you consider yourself a cunning linguist?

no, I constantly put words in the wrong syntax. I always start with the most important word in a sentence and then I concentrate and form an understandable sentence, understandable given my abilities of course.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, I constantly put words in the wrong syntax. I always start with the most important word in a sentence and then I concentrate and form an understandable sentence, understandable given my abilities of course.

Whats your first language?

Cunnilingus is a consideration.

Youre a rarity then, most consider it a commitment. Also, way to ruin me and entropies high-minded cultural exchange. <:dry:>

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I get that feeling a lot, and I've actually had many times where the feeling is correct.

IMO it's all about Ni seeing patterns and analyzing these patterns so deeply that we come to be able to realize, or somewhat predict, I guess, what will happen next.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ni is more of an xxFJ thing. But that shouldn't effect the outcome, I don't think. It's intuition. Knowing what will happen.

I do this all the time, usually through dreams.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've had things like this happen to me my whole life, but they're usually random, and stronger on some days.

What's more consistent is that I'm really adept at "feeling" a place or a group of people. I can't bear environments full of anger, and I sometimes feel strongly drawn to old buildings or houses. Not sure that's Ne or Ni.

My Ne and Ni are both extremely high.