• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni - What does it look like in real ife?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you've read up on Beebe's theory at all (I hope I have the right theory!), Se is what is supposingly driving my Ni. I think that's what is ultimately articulating it - when my Ni is not in my head, it tends to be expressed in more concrete ways, such as projects or actions in general. I hope I'm making sense!

I am not sure yet. I have been reading up on Beebe the last few days, but he's never published a book yet (as far as I know), so it's mostly what I can find that others have written about him.

... However, I do know that the extraverted function I use regularly - Fe - is VERY easy to articulate for me. In fact, I think I articulate it so clearly that it drives others up a wall.

...I'm apt to think that any extraverted function you use regularly is going to be the easiest to articulate - especially your auxillary as it is what you show to the world. As an INTP, do you feel you can easily articulate Ti or do you find Ne is easier?

Well, in terms of which function I expressed, the world saw my Ne almost exclusively growing up and it is by far the "easiest" for me to use and show externally.

Ti usually lurks inside and was not shown to many people. You have the clearest chance to see it when I am writing in a "serious mood" or I know you personally and trust you and we are having a good conversation. (Although it leaks out in my attitudes and approaches to situations too.)

So yes, I Ne a lot of the time until I start feeling frivolous, then drop back to Ti (and usually withdraw a bit).

I'm not totally getting what you are saying about the inferior driving your primary. That would mean Fe would be driving my Ti? (I think I have a good Fe now and actually like using it, but it exhausts me after awhile and I will dwindle back into flat Ti mode.)

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I don't know if Se always shows up with my Ni. However, when it does, I seem to do my best "Ni" work. I am usually wiped out after I do something so grand, though - maybe because of the overuse of an inferior function?

I'm not sure on the specifics of the theory, as I've only read limited material, but I did see ways it made sense in my own life.

As for Fe & Ti... I'm not sure how it works in a Dominant/Inferior way, but I do know that Fe shows up with my Ti frequently when I am expressing my opinions. It'll bring my thinking out of my head and tends to come out passionately or at least strong minded - whether or not I actually personally care that much about the topic. I think it makes my opinions seem more absolute than they actually are - as Fe is a judging function. I do believe that the actual desire to express my opinions is a result of a Fe/Ti sort of thing.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I don't know if Se always shows up with my Ni. However, when it does, I seem to do my best "Ni" work. I am usually wiped out after I do something so grand, though - maybe because of the overuse of an inferior function?

I'm not sure on the specifics of the theory, as I've only read limited material, but I did see ways it made sense in my own life.

As for Fe & Ti... I'm not sure how it works in a Dominant/Inferior way, but I do know that Fe shows up with my Ti frequently when I am expressing my opinions. It'll bring my thinking out of my head and tends to come out passionately or at least strong minded - whether or not I actually personally care that much about the topic. I think it makes my opinions seem more absolute than they actually are - as Fe is a judging function. I do believe that the actual desire to express my opinions is a result of a Fe/Ti sort of thing.

All of that makes sense to me. Ti can be seen to categorize and prioritize ideas based on logical principles, while Fe prioritizes people and situations in terms of feeling values and categories. There's a similarity of some sort... at least with INFJ's, because they're close to each other in functional order.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Ti is expressed by Fe as much as Ti is used to "figure out" Fe. If that makes any sense. Both are rule systems, although Ti is concerned about the "definition" of things and then can figure out all the relational factors that must be juggled with good Fe. As far as emulating empathy/feelings, Ne is what I use to do that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
...The WORST possible thing someone can do if they want some sort of clear answer is ask me to explain myself before I have sorted out what the hell is going on in my head. It comes out as an abstract mess and, chances are, makes absolutely no sense to anyone but myself.
The very same thing happens to me. What will happen is I'll start over and try to explain it again the way I really meant for it to come out (my husband hates that - you already told me that, he complains). But yeah, I have got to think through what I want to say first.

Another way Ni manifests itself with me is that I see everything symbolically. It's on overdrive when I start associating coincidences with symbolic meaning. I tend to find meaning in EVERYTHING, even the mundane. I am notorious for constantly reading more into something when I shouldn't. For example, I'll be thinking of something and then notice it's about to storm & completely associate that storm as a symbol of the thoughts. I'll then derive the meaning of a storm and apply it to what I was thinking about. It's probably borderline nutty!
I think my INFP sister does that.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think Ti is expressed by Fe as much as Ti is used to "figure out" Fe. If that makes any sense. Both are rule systems, although Ti is concerned about the "definition" of things and then can figure out all the relational factors that must be juggled with good Fe. As far as emulating empathy/feelings, Ne is what I use to do that.

That was probably what I meant. I don't actually think one is expressed by the other. But I don't know what that makes Te and Fi, although though they both seem more directly based on logical and emotional reality respectively, where the other two seem to be rules for understanding those realities. I still see a certain kind of connection between the two, though.