• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's: What is your sure-fire stress reliever?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Looking for your personal stress-relief strategies. I'd like to add a few more to my tool-box!

A few of mine:

Big fuzzy bubble bath with aromatherapy.

Sipping warm water (sounds weird I know, but soothing to my digestion).

Writing.

Getting a foot or a back massage. Plus when I get a massage it seems to unhinge my tongue and I blab to the massage girl about everything it seems LOL! Like a 2 for 1 special - physical and mental relief!

Hugs from the hubs and really I just love hugs all 'round.​

But are you like me and know what will help you relax but find that you ignore taking care of this part of yourself?

Do share!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Listening to music. Late 70's/Early 80's has an especially soothing appeal when I'm feeling particularly morbid, maudlin, and melancholy. However, all kinds of music. My taste is very ecclectic.

Taking walks in nature, riding my bike in warm rain, sitting on the river bank, swimming, staring at the sky

Hot showers, pedicures, bubble baths

watching movies

Doing something really, really NOT *N* and silly to get me out of my head

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ranting

Helping someone else with their issues (gets my mind off of the stuff on my mind)

Exercising

Playing a video game

Reading articles on the internet

Eating some food that is way too good

Socializing in some way or form

Mediation/Being in nature

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Listening to music, feeding the ducks, and sometimes both at the same time.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Music
Riding a bike
Swimming
Pilates / Yoga
Mani-Pedi
Glass of wine
A Bath
Ice Cream

Basically, just indulging and distracting myself.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Having a fiddle.

No but in all seriousness listening to music, writing poetry/stories, or playing the guitar generally get my mind off of everything because then I start focusing on how perfect my poetry/songs have to be, because I'm an INFP and everything has to be perfect or why be there.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't necessarily differentiate between "stress reduction" and "spiritual training." with that preface:

scenic driving, hang out at the mall, peoplewatch while hanging out at the mall, look at scenic photography books, read "interesting" books, play video games, look up "interesting" topics online, re-connect with my NF self via TypC, push-ups, jogging, handstand push-ups, breathing practices, concentration practices, yogic postures, martial arts training, tai chi, meditation, fantasize about moving to Hawaii, fantasize about moving to New Zealand, fantasize about Boulder's NFP hippie women who may someday provide the future Mrs. Scott, plan how to go to Boulder and meet people so as to hunt for future Mrs. Scott, walk other people's dogs [I don't have any], watch interesting tv.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
These are for emotional stress: Writing - particularly poetry. Long walks. Crying. - Yes, crying - when this is necessary it has to precede the writing, walking, etc.

To recover from over-stimulation (AKA being 'all peopled out') Walking or just sitting doing nothing and staring at the back side of my eyeballs preferably somewhere alone with an inviting view of nature so when I come out from behind said eyeballs I don't mind staying.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Laying on my couch, putting on a CD, and cranking the volume to mostly apartment acceptable levels.

Walking/jogging on a mountain path. (*sigh*, too bad there are no mountains where I live.)

Taking care of something minor that is stressing me, even if it's not the main culprit.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think a stress release for some INFPs I know include taking a walk in nature, doing karaoke, hanging out with a loved one, doing arts and crafts, dancing, and having sex. You think I kid about the last one, but I do not.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
riding a bicycle
music + couch or bed
drawing
eating ice cream
petting an animal
making out! (if i am lucky enough)
immersing my face in a sink full of cold water (useful when i feel the rage-ness)
a nice glass of wine
a nice bowl of indica
soulcalibur!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
riding a bicycle
music + couch or bed
drawing
eating ice cream
petting an animal
making out! (if i am lucky enough)
immersing my face in a sink full of cold water (useful when i feel the rage-ness)
a nice glass of wine
a nice bowl of indica
soulcalibur!

FTW!:hug:

'Cept I'm more of a sativa man...

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haven't really found a way. I just do whatever I would, and let it pass.

Meditation is usually helpful, except that certain time when I was majorly depressed and the meditation turned into a very unpleasant and frightening experience.

Music is helpful too of course.

And movies.

..Art.

And other activities. I don't do anything specific while stressed though, just normal things I would do anyway, but many of them do happen to relieve stress.

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
Looking for your personal stress-relief strategies. I'd like to add a few more to my tool-box!

A few of mine:

Big fuzzy bubble bath with aromatherapy.

Sipping warm water (sounds weird I know, but soothing to my digestion).

Writing.

Getting a foot or a back massage. Plus when I get a massage it seems to unhinge my tongue and I blab to the massage girl about everything it seems LOL! Like a 2 for 1 special - physical and mental relief!

Hugs from the hubs and really I just love hugs all 'round.​

But are you like me and know what will help you relax but find that you ignore taking care of this part of yourself?

Do share!

apparantly lots of INFP's write a lot...now I always have gotten pretty good grades when it came to writing papers for school, but I can't seem to write in my own free time....so what kinda stuff do you write??

I think a stress release for some INFPs I know include taking a walk in nature, doing karaoke, hanging out with a loved one, doing arts and crafts, dancing, and having sex. You think I kid about the last one, but I do not.

I'm pretty sure that having sex is a stress releaser for every human being.

heart

heart on fire
Music, sex, sweet foods, reading fiction books I've already read and enjoy.

What's odd about sex for relaxation? :huh: First time I ever heard that questioned.