• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Liking Attention

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like attention. A lot. Trying to figure out how to curtail that, especially during times when it's really not appropriate for the room to be centered on me. I'm doing a heck a lot better than I used to at seeing the need and putting it on hold, but staying in a conversation that I'm not an active part in is painful. And it annoys me when nobody wants to hear from me.

I was wondering if anybody had any useful advice. So far, suffering through those periods has been the only option.

Maybe you have histrionic personality disorder.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be more selective.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like attention too! Ha.

But, at the same time, I am also like this:

Being an extroverted communicator and relying heavily on Ne, I just have a lot of things to say.

I think having an awareness of and sensitivity towards other people helps. I mean, if introverted peeps think I'm (overly) attention seeking (even if I do not believe I am), I wouldn't want to constantly irritate them with behavior that sends the message that I am all about being in the limelight.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like attention........................as long its not directed at me.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I actually got some attention last night (Unh!). No, actually, I went out for karyoke with some of my friends. Gathered the ego to get up there, sober, and sang "Who's Your Daddy?" by Toby Keith. Great song in the right range for me. Crowd was pumped and clapped me on. When I finished I caught bits of a conversation: "...I've never seen him before...", people high fived me and told me "great job on the mic" for the rest of the night. Even my detail oriented ESTJ pack leader was impressed--well he said I was spot on, which is high praise coming from him, especially about a song that was a [insert dropping his own name here] classic.