• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFers...Where The Wild Things Are?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Anyone else who can't wait to see this? This was one of my favorite books as a kiddo. Maurice Sendak seems very NF.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm not an NF, but I am so pumped to see it because the kid in it is maybe the cutest kid I've ever seen. It looks well-made, too.

EDIT:
Also, I thought maybe I'd post a couple of stills:
where-the-wild-things-are-07.jpg

where-the-wild-things-are-20081213081203698_640w.jpg

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I canNOT wait to see this!! I watch the trailer with my ENFP guy friend, every time we feel the need to see something whimsical and beautifully edited. He's even shed tears over it, no hyperbole.

So, yeah. Yes. I'm pretty jazzed about it.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Looks like it'll be pretty good, I mean for a kids movie it looks good. I like how they did the animation on the "wild things" by using a combination of suitmation, CGI, and animatronics, as opposed to doing it all CGI, which makes things look so unrealistic and fakey.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, I watch the trailer at least once a day.

And I almost cry every time. (I don't cry that much.)

I was at a bookstore with a friend, and she had never read the book, so I found it and made her read it.

I am very excited.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gonna see it, it should be cool.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm looking forward to it. Yay! :cheese:

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I can't wait to see it, it was one of my favorite books when I was little. :D
It looks really well done, too.

B

brainheart

I have been freaking out about this since I first saw the preview three months ago. This week's New Yorker has a review of it and it is killing me because I refuse to read it until I see it. Must see it... now....

kryten5786

MBTI Type
infj
i still have this book on my desk!!! i love the look of the new movie, i cant wait to take my nephews to go see it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I never liked the book. :O Do I have to turn in my NF license now?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i look forward to seeing this movie. i like sendaks illustrations so maybe the movie will do the book justice. i talked to maurice sendak once when i was in college doing an education class about kids learning to read. my question for him was about the need for illustrations as people get older, why adults don't need them like kids do in order to understand books. i was doing a paper on literacy at the time. in my opinion maurice sendak is a nine and so is max in the wild things.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I never liked the book. :O Do I have to turn in my NF license now?
Like, right now. Gimme.:alttongue:

Haha...I can't believe it took a day before the movie for the thread to revive. I can't wait!!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Uh yeah, to hell with that movie...

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't play in Japan until January...waaaaaaaaaaa

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm up, this particular movie, and a lot of stuff in between.

Life is funny.

I'm gonna watch some frasier and go back to shweep.

:zzz:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My company publishes this book and it is reprinting literally hundreds of thousands of copies at the moment, which for any book is incredible and for a picture book is unbelievable. I was never a huge fan of this book, actually. I recognize its importance and significance and all that but it just never quite clicked with me. As for the movie, I saw the trailer and it looks fun but it also looks nothing like the book, which I find somewhat off-putting (and yeah, I know that doing a movie of a picture book which actually sticks to the book is basically impossible. There's no pleasing me! :D)