• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Give Wonka A Piece of Your Mind....

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wonka, if I ask questions of you or probe for more details, it is for clarification - not "to nitpick, overanalyze and discount."

I mean, the alternative is for me to pretend I always know what you're talking about, but how would that be better? I would think you would encourage questions for greater understanding of what you are trying to express, rather than get defensive about them and just say everyone is nitpicking.

There's a difference between someone picking at details that are irrelevant to derail a discussion and someone asking questions to genuinely understand. I don't ever have a problem with someone asking me to clarify if they don't understand what I am saying, and I don't get why it bothers you so much.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
There's a difference between someone picking at details that are irrelevant to derail a discussion and someone asking questions to genuinely understand. I don't ever have a problem with someone asking me to clarify if they don't understand what I am saying.

I'm with you on that. And as long as things are not stated antagonistically, I see no reason why it should be taken offensively.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm with you on that. And as long as things are not stated antagonistically, I see no reason why it should be taken offensively.

That's the thing. They sometimes are, and it's disrespectful and annoying.

But nonetheless, I can see what Jeffster and you are saying.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

I don't agree.

It doesn't have to be stated antagonistically to be irritating and distracting.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You have purposely joined a forum with people who think differently than you. Do you not think they are going to state their differences of opinion, and also communicate it in differing styles? If someone truly doesn't understand and is asking for clarification, I would think any other conversation you may encounter IRL might involve you explaining and it wouldn't be out of the way. Unless of course the person is doing it for their own entertainment, rudely, or to make you look stupid. If none of these are happening, why would it be irritating? They actually care enough about what you are saying to make sure they understand it sufficiently to get your meaning.

The only reason I can see that people could take offense to that is if they feel that it reflects poorly on their ability to state things clearly. This is one of the biggest advantages I see in participating here. I find out where there are gaps in the way I communicate.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Look, all it comes down to is that I'm here to offer my unique perspective, in my own personal style.

I do my best to communicate as effectively as possible, but at the end of the day, I don't have to watch all my P's and Q's.

I am NEVER going to present things in a way that will satisfy everyone, and I see no point in trying.

I simply don't have the time to address all the issues people bring up.

It's draining and excessive, from my point of view.

If you think everything is fuckin peachy on TypeC, then that's your opinion.

But I think there is a ridiculous amount of trolling and I'm simply expressing my point of view on that.

Take it or leave it.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

I don't agree.

And I'll give you an example:

I believe you have good intentions, and you certainly present yourself in these posts as very friendly and reasonable.

But your Mother Hen insistence on trying to reconcile all opposing views and constantly giving unsolicited advice is thoroughly irritating to me.

I suspect that your kind and gentle presentation masks a deeper frustration about the existence of conflict in the world.

I'm not advising you to do anything about it.

Im fairly certain you think you are helping.

I'm simply giving you an example of how things can be irritating even if they are presented nicely.

Darkéy

MBTI Type
INFP
Never! All mine I say! MIIINE!

X.

Ps. I read the whole thread, honest! xD

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I actually believe that conflict is one of the healthiest things out there, as long as it is done with honorable motivations and in a non-destructive manner. A lot of truth comes out that is masked when everyone just pretends things are fine. My motivation is not frustration so much as I don't want to see someone feeling upset and leaving if it could be avoided. I know this forum serves a good purpose for a lot of us either who are going through hard times or need other perspectives. However, I will not continue in this thread if it is making things worse.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
See it as a learning process, Wonka. I agree with you completely in your rant, but we need to go beyond being mad.

There is a lot to learn, and like Fidelia said, conflict and dispute is the road to knowledge and understanding. It's mutual. Maybe we need to be a bit more open to others worrying about what they want, and the same time, try to understand why they do it, and work around it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Clearly some :hug: all 'round are needed here. Wonkavision, stick around - different and even opposing POV are welcome and necessary in my opinion, or else what's the point?

Ah, come over here and have another one: :hug:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks PeaceBaby! :)

And to everyone here---

Now that I'm a little more comfortable posting on TypeC, my next goal is to drop the defensiveness and just ignore comments that I don't want to respond to.

I think that will be better for everyone involved.

Surely I will be accused by some of being a coward and avoiding them because "I know I'm wrong", but in the end, I'm simply not obligated to answer every question or comment that I receive.

In the meantime, people are always welcome to post their grievances in this thread.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have no grievances with you, but I'm puzzled to why you would create a thread that encourages people to release their anger in the prospect of peace. I'm not sure it works that way...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love ya Wonka.

I don't like it when you yell at me, though. :cry:

I like to hear your ideas about stuff, but yeah, the defensiveness is really off-putting. When someone tries to agree with you, and you still act hostile, it makes discussion very difficult.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love ya Wonka.
I don't like it when you yell at me, though. :cry:

Yeah, I'm sorry for yelling at you.

You are frustrating to deal with, but it doesn't justify the yelling.

There's not a friendly-pat-on-the-back smilie, so I guess I'll give you one of these:

:hug:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I have no grievances with you, but I'm puzzled to why you would create a thread that encourages people to release their anger in the prospect of peace. I'm not sure it works that way...

Are you serious?????

Who the hell said that was the intention of this thread?

Where did you see that in THIS???:

This thread is designed as an outlet for people who can not seem to contain their desire to nitpick, overanalyze and discount every word I post.

If you have an intense fixation on some detail(s) in any of my posts, please quote me (don't paraphrase me) and address your issue(s) here, instead of derailing threads and wasting everyone's time.

Thank you. :D

Jesus. I don't understand this kind of misinterpretation at all. :doh:

Can someone please explain it to me? :huh:

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
STANDARD FLAMING ON FORUM THREADS:
L0LZ wtf!! URA DUMBAZZZ!! all ppl think ur stupid so STFU hahaha!!

FLAMING ON THE TYPE INDICATOR THREADS:
Sir, with all due respect, I don't think I am understanding your meaning here. I'm not saying you're being intentionally vague, but you are failing to make your point clear enough for all of us. I am not the only one who finds your responses perplexing. If you would be so kind as to refrain from further provocations until you might express them with more clarity. I am conflicted about this whole thing, but also amused.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you serious?????

Where did you see that in THIS???:

Jesus. I don't understand this kind of misinterpretation at all. :doh:

Can someone please explain it to me? :huh:

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it, Wonka.

Seriously, sometimes the way other people react to things can be frustrating and confusing. It's usually better, if you can, to just ignore people that get on your nerves, and reply to the ones that you "get."

Your way of doing things is a little different from what we're used to, and some people see that as hostile. What kind of helped me was noticing your username (Wonkavision), and just trying to picture how odd, unusual, or seemingly contrived Mr. Wonka's way of doing things was... but how it usually ended up working out well somehow, or having been improved in some way that isn't obvious.

So, just wait for people who have an open mind, and who are willing to look up to you for the purposes of the thread. :hug:

It might help if you change your avatar to a picture of Mr. Wonka, though. And maybe try to evoke an image of yourself that gives people the feeling that when you create a thread, you're inviting people to view your factory, and that this isn't an opportunity you extend to most people. Basically, it works better if you can get people to look up to you as an eccentric, choosy person that creates something good on a regular basis.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ah, I wouldn't worry about it, Wonka.

Seriously, sometimes the way other people react to things can be frustrating and confusing. It's usually better, if you can, to just ignore people that get on your nerves, and reply to the ones that you "get."

What a load of shit. Ignore the people that get on your nerves? How about this: stop being so edgy and try to understand others, and they might do the same to you.

Your way of doing things is a little different from what we're used to, and some people see that as hostile.

That's a sweeping generalization, and I almost find it offensive.

What kind of helped me was noticing your username (Wonkavision), and just trying to picture how odd, unusual, or seemingly contrived Mr. Wonka's way of doing things was... but how it usually ended up working out well somehow, or having been improved in some way that isn't obvious.

I haven't read any of his posts, so my opinion still stays unbiased. I have no feelings for or against him, but I have a respect for him off of the basis that there is nothing that he has done that can make me love or hate him.

So, just wait for people who have an open mind, and who are willing to look up to you for the purposes of the thread. :hug:

I have a very open mind. If you had an open mind, you might try to see that your opinion of this thread is subjective along with everyone else's.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Are you serious?????

Where did you see that in THIS???

You said:

Mostly, its to let the little buggers vent. ;)

a few pages back; that and the title of the thread led to the assumption that this topic was created so that others could "vent."