• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Playing Hard To Get

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absolutely fun in the beginning of the courtship. Have both used it and had it used on me. It allows for a nice game of tag. After that, it should slowely vanish, as it becomes exhausting.

Same.

Chloe

Turn On or Turn Off??
Turn off.
Displayed By A Person You Like: Would this frustrate you to the point of giving up or interest you to the point of pursuit?
i would lose interest. i lose interes really fast, move on really fast when someone doesnt fit me.
Yourself: Have you ever employed this method? Did it work, or backfire?

didn't use it. don't want to play

eh yes.. of course harmless play / seduction in beginning is a "must", but wasn't talking bout that.. i was talking bout when people start being seriously interested.. not when you roughly get to know one another..

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Unless it's clear you're interested then I'll assume you're not and won't bother.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I play hard to get really bad.
Its a bad habit, almost- I don't even realize it.
Its more shyness than hard to get really..

Sometimes i'm just not interested.
Sometimes i'm interested and i'm feeling nervous...

Either way is the same result.

Sometimes I "play" hard to get when I'm pretty interested but want to kind of test them.. But that just comes naturally..
And yea.. backfires all the time.. normally it just scares them away. But I keep doing it and doing it anyway..

(I think that's the definition of insanity.. Same method, expecting a different result...)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Hasn't anyone ever seen Grease?

The unattainable is always infinity more attractive than abundance. Playing hard to get is a strategy to acquire scarcity. If it's done well, in whatever field, it is an excellent stategy. Done poorly, the bluff will be called.

All objects increase their desirability by increasing their obscurity. :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Absolutely fun in the beginning of the courtship. Have both used it and had it used on me. It allows for a nice game of tag. After that, it should slowely vanish, as it becomes exhausting.

have soooo fallen in love with this response Amargith HAHAHAHAHAHA
As for me I don't really play hard to get I don't think.. however, sometimes I have been accused of it! There's a difference between playing hard to get and being shy or forgetful right??

As for having someone do it to me... I don't mind it too much.. In fact it's quite funny especially when you can see right through it, however Edgar is right on, where's the fun in wrestling someone into a relationship don't they call that rape or something! :shock:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
While I never intentionally and knowingly play this game, it may appear that way. It wouldn't work on me either, I am not going to chase someone, as I would assume that they are not interested after all.

V

violaine

It may appear that I play hard to get. I keep guys at arms length for a while if I've never thought of them in a romantic sense before or they are generally flirtatious.

I will pursue and am not put off by aloofness so I don't mind some well-intentioned playing hard to get. As long as he is focused solely on me and isn't toying with me. Otherwise I get bored and lose interest.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Turn On or Turn Off??

Displayed By A Person You Like: Would this frustrate you to the point of giving up or interest you to the point of pursuit?

Yourself: Have you ever employed this method? Did it work, or backfire?

This registers as a head game, which I detest. If I have interest in a person, and they know it, and they have interest in me, and I know it, and then all of a sudden they start playing hard to get bullshit games, I am so fu&*ing gone it's not funny. See ya'! Enjoy your hard to get bullshit by yourself. Next. Not a good game to play with the strongly extroverted.

V

violaine

This registers as a head game, which I detest. If I have interest in a person, and they know it, and they have interest in me, and I know it, and then all of a sudden they start playing hard to get bullshit games, I am so fu&*ing gone it's not funny. See ya'! Enjoy your hard to get bullshit by yourself. Next. Not a good game to play with the strongly extroverted.

Ah, interesting! I usually date other introverts but my current boyfriend is a bona fide E. :D Iirc he said I was hard to get... I was really surprised as I just thought we were getting to know each other. :laugh:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

+1. oh my goodness, yes.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hasn't anyone ever seen Grease?

The unattainable is always infinity more attractive than abundance. Playing hard to get is a strategy to acquire scarcity. If it's done well, in whatever field, it is an excellent stategy. Done poorly, the bluff will be called.

All objects increase their desirability by increasing their obscurity. :)

Yeah I've seen Grease.

Sure, Sandy was kind of prudish, but she was pleasant and good looking. Betty was a bitter, ho hum looking ho who slept around just to get attention.

All I'm saying is there were more factors involved... and even then, Sandy had to loosen up to seal the deal.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate it, and it doesn't work with me. If you play hard to get, I will just assume you don't like me and I will walk away. It seems a very odd strategy and a bad harbinger to try to begin a possible relationship with such an adversarial tactic.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm highly introverted and I detest head games! They make me like this :steam: when I should be like this :wubbie: and I get so frusterated with the mixed signals I give up.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah I've seen Grease.

Sure, Sandy was kind of prudish, but she was pleasant and good looking. Betty was a bitter, ho hum looking ho who slept around just to get attention.

All I'm saying is there were more factors involved... and even then, Sandy had to loosen up to seal the deal.

Yeah, and she had to learn to dress better, too.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, and she had to learn to dress better, too.

I believe they acctually had to cut Olivia Newton John (the actress that played sandy) out of those pants after the filming of that scene was done :/

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I believe they acctually had to cut Olivia Newton John (the actress that played sandy) out of those pants after the filming of that scene was done :/

C'mon, that's what fashion is all about.