• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs Attempting to Understand ENTPs Behavior

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Entropie, you're so cute when you want attention.

*pets entropie*

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll read it then. INFJs do find it hard not to rehash and if you bury things before it's all out, it's like having something in a wound that closes over and then it gets lots of pus and infected disgustingness. Would have been less work to get the tweezers out and find all the slivers even if it takes a couple of days. At the same time, it is something that we do have to improve on too. I think there might be a tendancy to feel that we are manipulating or being babies and in some cases they are valid problems that will keep manifesting themselves in different forms if left unaddressed.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Also, the last few pages of the 'how to deal with ESTP' thread answers some questions about estp vs entp vs enfp style of manipulation, anger and sexuality. Sorry I can't provide links, I'm on my bberry.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Neglected ? No

It's just a mystery to me how you all can talk that much. I try so hard but I never manage.

And I envy you for that yes, I wish I could talk more too.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
There's some interesting things in the STJs crying/seeing you upset thread as well dealing with that subject.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neglected ? No

It's just a mystery to me how you all can talk that much. I try so hard but I never manage.

Your post count would indicate otherwise.

Although I'll admit fidelia is much more verbose on the interwebz than I will ever be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your post count would indicate otherwise.

75% of my post count are precisely aimed, quick-witted short sentences.

And the other 25% I was drunk and sad.

I mean it honestly. To learn to talk about your feelings and the things you want, to actually now the things you want, thats like thats like why I am here at all

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Really? You seem to chatter on quite a bit when you've been drinking... And for some reason, Provoker wants to leave Vent because of you, hahahha...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Really? You seem to chatter on quite a bit when you've been drinking... And for some reason, Provoker wants to leave Vent because of you, hahahha...

less do you know my young padawaan :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
75% of my post count are precisely aimed, quick-witted short sentences.

And the other 25% I was drunk and sad.

I mean it honestly. To learn to talk about your feelings and the things you want, to actually now the things you want, thats like thats like why I am here at all

Okay, I believe you. *insert invisible rolleye smiley*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My INFJ has that knack, when I try to talk about something not engineering related. She lets me speak and I get totally confused while speaking having a hard time to really relay what I mean at all and then she expresses my feeling in 3-5 precise words.

Never met a sharpshooter like that in all my life

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvzWh2RA3Gg"].[/YOUTUBE]

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hahaha LA - It's summer time so I'm making hay while the sun shines. I won't have nearly as much available time in the fall!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What's the gn8 part mean?

Edit: Ohhhh, you're leaving?

Permabanned
I'd say it changes a bit when you become more aware of yourself and consequently of others.
But on the general, we do that crossmatching-correlating and will filter out fake from honesty. And uncalled drama (if in public its just a consequence of the type, SF in my experience) or emotional blackmail = death ray of d00m.

I can't recall a method to find us, we can all over the place. But if we come across eachother, being genuine, inteligent, sincere will catch our attention. The rest is function magic, we just connect.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ENTP's date a lot of other types. It seems like the ENTP females don't go for the male INFJ's much.

Nope, INFJ men would be way to wimpy for an ENTP woman.

i'm interpreting this to mean that infj men need more relationship maintenance than infj women? that they have more gender baggage from the world and not lining up with its expectations of them? that it's easier for an infj woman to dwell in extraverted mediocrity than for infj men, who feel crucified and lambasted for not making their way(s) in the world, making more use of their talents and skills, doing something more socially extravertedly successful than god knows what jobs most infj males waste away doing? and the ways in which their extraverted worldly social interactions are, at times, more directly and aggressively threatening to their identity as males within the world of men?

1. Make up quick.
2. Be demonstrative and expressive.
3. Keep things laid back and fun.

1 is communication and destroying negative Ni wonderings/wanderings
2 is giving us something for our Fe to grasp
3 is more p, always more big picture go with the flow

pretty much covers our bases. the rest is covered by how much dominant iNtuitives get off on ideas + communicating/sharing them

My INFJ has that knack, when I try to talk about something not engineering related. She lets me speak and I get totally confused while speaking having a hard time to really relay what I mean at all and then she expresses my feeling in 3-5 precise words.

Never met a sharpshooter like that in all my life

oh god we're quick to the point. unless the point is inside of us, then it takes us a long-winded painting of words, after which, we read and sum up in 3-5 words.

the less they are ours the better we get at knowing what they mean.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i'm interpreting this to mean that infj men need more relationship maintenance than infj women? that they have more gender baggage from the world and not lining up with its expectations of them? that it's easier for an infj woman to dwell in extraverted mediocrity than for infj men, who feel crucified and lambasted for not making their way(s) in the world, making more use of their talents and skills, doing something more socially extravertedly successful than god knows what jobs most infj males waste away doing? and the ways in which their extraverted worldly social interactions are, at times, more directly and aggressively threatening to their identity as males within the world of men?

:shock:

I think your quote sums up why ENTP females and INFJ males have a more... challenging time with each other.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
synarch, i am guessing you are an enneagram 4?

one of my best friends is an entp 4w3. we relate on the 4 shit very much. wanting to be recognized. exploring the meaning of the self. feeling at times alien and different from others when we are stressed. that everything around us becomes cold and unloving. this envious left-behind complex.

a little bit of warmth to thaw us out and we're back on our way. give something for Fe to recognize as a well-meaning gesture of good intention. something specific to recognizing us, valuing us, etc.

entps and infjs love discourse. infjs are more de-personal than most expect (at least supercharged Ti infj e5 are). we both connect on the level of ideas. our creativity comes from our ability to arrange and assemble and synthesize new ideas- we are exploratory and experimental because ideas come first. we express ideas and articulate ideas and this space is home to us. it provides a different type of artistry than other types who express their judgments and values first and foremost. our expressiveness and desire to fashion ourselves is less rooted in what we identify with and more in our ability to take multiple positions, to change/evolve, to synthesize into new and brilliant incarnations of thought.

entps use Ti more than Fe so they're consistently funnier than infjs, who are consistently as witty but less holy shit did you really just say that? :D they're also more p so they are more in touch with the overall flow, unless they're feeling really defiant and in Rampage Mode. infjs are really witty bc they see so many plays, but they're less bombastic in delivery and less committed bc they rarely go all-in head-first into any specific joke.

and in terms of going after what you want, sometimes the more sparing Fe usage of an entp is far better than the overactive politely gracious Fe of some infjs. altho most younger infjs are fucking terrible at using Fe both ways and treat it instead as a one-way street of judgment judgment judgment --->.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shock:

I think your quote sums up why ENTP females and INFJ males have a more... challenging time with each other.

for some reason this makes me think of the royal tenenbaums scene when geno is giving danny glover the treatment. "you wanna talk jive, let's talk jive."

now let's hear what you're actually thinking in the middle of that ellipsis.