• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] There's a whole world of experience to be seen and felt outside of your head!!!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are phases when it is good to delve into the real world, and there are times when it is good to evaluate the recesses of your mind. A balance is good.

I'm glad you're back. :hug:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's better with company.
Sometimes, yes, and other times no.

Being outside by yourself can be fucking awesome!!!

Don't know about that. A lot of my Boston walks were alone, and they were the best ones.

/nostalgia

Even though I have a car, I walk almost everywhere I possibly can, alone, listening to music, or listening to cars whizzing by, depending on my mood. But always reflecting and taking the world in! Smog, I've come to find, is kind of good for the soul, all that grit transforms the dark pits inside of you into finely polished pearls, it's true, scientifically proven!!!

Well, I don't know, I wrote this thread because I felt in needed to be written, hell, it kind of wrote itself!

Like, right now, I feel the conflict, the conflict of either embracing the world by going outside and interacting with the real world, or staying in and embracing my inner world via foruming.

There's this redhead at the local coffee shop, and whenever I see her I smile, she is so breathtakingly beautiful in such a timeless way, I never mind looking into those green orbs of hers, her presence alone makes me feel that all is well in the universe.

Then there is Lynn who does my nails, with gaps in between all her front teeth, every other week asking me about my nonexistent lovelife, griping about her two boys, and the effects of the economy on her business.

And then I walk down a mile or two to drop off my timesheet at the agency where everyone seems to know my name, and I guiltily look at them and smile and say, "hey! how have you been, and yeah, Barb's great!"

I dunno, I can lose myself in my own world.

Breifly become like my father, and drown myself in the world of literature till I emerge days later, hair tangled, teeth fuzzy, wondering what day it is.

Today is Monday, and I've got shit to do... Lynn awaits.

:)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Nice to see you back hun!! I've been busy experiencing as well :)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Very insightful, I can already imagine myself going out and doing these things :)

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
..How did you leave Fi wonderland?
I like people but only because of what they theoretically represent and how they fit in my grand scheme of things. The rush that I get from someone whose abstraction is pleasant is infinitely more stimulating than anything the real concrete world has to offer. The whole universe is an empty charade, circumstances are all meaningless.. all that matters is integrating people in the value scheme..and judging their intentions and future actions as good or bad..

..how did you escape?

Unless you're running a "normal person" simulation and trying to emulate what its like to not have Fi. If that's the case, then enjoy the virtual Fe as long as it lasts..

I envy you... I hope you stay outside your shell as much as you can and enjoy all that stuff you described...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
..How did you leave Fi wonderland?
I like people but only because of what they theoretically represent and how they fit in *my* grand scheme of things. The rush that I get from someone whose abstraction is pleasant is infinitely more stimulating than anything the real concrete world has to offer.

The whole universe is an empty charade, circumstances are all meaningless.. all that matters is integrating people in the value scheme..and judging their intentions and future actions as good or bad..

..how did you escape?

Unless you're running a "normal person" simulation and trying to emulate what its like to not have Fi. If that's the case, then enjoy the virtual Fe as long as it lasts..

I envy you... I hope you stay outside your shell as much as you can and enjoy all that stuff you described...
You are not an ENFP, I can say that with certainty.

ENFPs are not solipsistic nihilists, as you evidently are.

You honestly test as an ENFP?

You seem like an INTJ.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It is impossible for me to stay outside my shell, I'm an endoskeleton.

Through connecting with others my "Fi" grows stronger.

The unity and camaraderie I feel, with a child, with a lone flower, with a stranger only works to strengthen my own existence in this universe, providing it meaningful roots.

Tentacles and tendrils from forces unknown reaching out and in, to observe, interact, love and care, each and every day, that is what I am talking about.

When the construct of Fi disappears I know I am doing well.

I refuse to live in a puniverse the size of a stuffy orthogonal box.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I .. wish, I had been born an INTJ, although as beautiful and independent as they are... they too succumb to Fi in due time whenever they develop their tertiary function.

The sense of connectedness -is- the problem.
If I have a crusade, its to do the opposite... to not feel anything for anyone, to just be a disconnected psyche and live my little insignificant life without the charge that it has to be magically special in the grand scheme of things. I didn't chose Fi... I want out but I cant because they are my idiotic feelings to begin with.
Because i've felt everything for everyone my whole life. Thrown away a lot of things that could have favored me because ...it was "wrong" and my universe threatened me every time whenever I would step out of line. Replacing a sense of self and becoming just feelings of "right and wrong"..and exploding furiously whenever something felt "bad".
Worse, using my intellect to validate my own feeling system. Done that for years.. getting exited with pseudoscience... and hugging trees and flowers.. all the while being obsessed with helping people in a nearly psychic way... yeah..done it all.
I want out. I'm trying to disconnect... completely for good.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good to know you've been having fun out there, Chick. My Summer has been a blast too. :)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Welcome back :) - sounds like things are going well :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
`
So, in other words...

My fellow, lovely NFs, having been on a somewhat sensate sabbatical for a few months, I've come to realize... that there are more memories to be made than to simply be manufactured via fantasy!

Like you, I too can get perpetually lost, (and found), inside the safety of my comfortably chaotic universe of a head.

But there's a universe out there too!

Outside of you.

Other people, vacant lots begging for company, sand crabs boring holes underneath your toes in the sand, cinnamon dusted cappaccinos, conversations that begin at three in the morning.

Dancing!

Lovely poetry written on bathroom stalls, secrets exposed, secretly.

Tears, hugs, blue cheese drizzled with honey.

Dogs drooling on and outside your car, their tongues, their smiles!

Running on concrete with one boy slinging from your arms and the other one clinging on your back, making them laugh!!!

Sipping wine in a courtyard with a chain-smoking cancer patient.

99 cent stores!!!

Flirting with baristas, flirting with flirts, confiding in strangers with a knowing smirk.

Concerts, crowds, collecting bracelets from various vendors.

Touching people.

Smelling people.

Seeing them, feeling them... firsthand.

There's a whole world out there, beckoning....

But it all costs so much money... and besides, it's so scary when you're alone. If I already had friends that were involved in it, maybe it wouldn't be such a problem, but... well, I don't.

In other words, the world you just described is inaccessible to me. It might as well not exist. I can't reach it. I don't have the skill or capacity to be a part of it.

I'm glad you're enjoying being a part of it. Just make sure you maintain your connection with it. It's easier to lose than you think it is. You have a very good balance between the intellectual/cerebral world, and that other one. I'm glad you made it back into our world to share the impressions with us. :)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reading this thread, I can't help but think of this:

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see them bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....saying.. how do you do
They're really saying......I love you.

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
Theyll learn much more.....than I'll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

:D

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
My fellow, lovely NFs, having been on a somewhat sensate sabbatical for a few months, I've come to realize... that there are more memories to be made than to simply be manufactured via fantasy!

But... I like fantasies... :(

But I get what you mean, even myself I feel like I really need to get out more and like have fun moar as opposed to like chilling and dreaming things up. Although that's very fun in its own right :D

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Hey gorgeous!

I'm really happy that you have had these experiences, I hope the world continues to surprise and inspire you! :hug:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Reality is so limited.

But, really, for the sake of a proper response: I do like things outside, especially people, and I love to see a positive change to things, but what I've seen you define as "experience" is really just an extroverted way of looking at the possibilities the world can hold.

(Not to sound like an ass, but) I'll gladly keep the universe inside of me, and I'll enjoy it a lot more- maybe occasionally share it. Then you'll see. :)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love the world outside, that is if you exclude all or most of the people in it.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
as much of an introvert as i am, i thrive on soaking in the outside world. when i am online, 90% of the time it is in public.

plus, there's only limited fun in reading and experiencing people on the internet. reading and experiencing people in real life is much more rewarding.

being able to use the backspace key is great cause you can edit what you say before it reaches someone's perception, but nothing beats the thrill of face to face conversation.

that being said, i can never have enough alone time, but there has to be balance.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's awesome!!!

And I envy, or rather admire those who can and do.

I tend to get trapped inside, living entirely cerebrally, forgetting about the things that make life funderful, magical and worth living.

"Simplexity"

It's the so-called simple things in life that get me and clench my heart in the bestest of ways!!!

Yep, I can relate to this!!!

And I agree. :) Anything nature-oriented feeds my soul. And traveling is another delightful thing too -- much of why I love traveling is the fact that I'm actually BEING and EXISTING in the moment, experiencing and seeing new things, new peoples, new cultures, new ways of life, and viewing historical artifacts along the way....