• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] How Many INFPs to Change a Lightbulb?

heart

heart on fire
One. They just incessantly whine about how annoying it is until someone else gets tired of it and does it for them. This is surprisingly effective if there's another type in the room.

Not if it's an INFJ. They will merely begin to expound on how we need a system in place to prevent such occurances in the future because it's just too stressful to have a disruption in the flow of light when one is concentrating and why hasn't anyone else had the perspective to see that such a system is needed and this is what is wrong with the world today, people would rather change a light bulb and stay with a broken system than find something new, it's the breakdown of civilization, how did civilization ever even develop based on such faulty thinking...and hey, what's going on! Did the lights just come back on?!?! ...

INFP was forced to change the light bulb to get some peace and quiet! :D

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
If it's my INTP daughter; never, at least until about the 7th time asking her and almost half a day later. Same goes for walking up, studying, moving, etc.....

What does work, "After you change the light bulb we can go shopping. Shit, you broke the world record in fastest light bulb change ever!!!"

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I could never change the lightbulb! :( How could I get rid of such a special thing that has brightened my life, simply because it does not perform the way it used to? It is still the same inside! How hurt it would be to be replaced! Now it is my place to be there for it, like it used to be there for me!

[In all seriousness though, I'm sad when I have to throw inanimate objects away. XD]

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I could never change the lightbulb! :( How could I get rid of such a special thing that has brightened my life, simply because it does not perform the way it used to? It is still the same inside! How hurt it would be to be replaced! Now it is my place to be there for it, like it used to be there for me!

[In all seriousness though, I'm sad when I have to throw inanimate objects away. XD]

Aww... you are too sweet.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You grab a lightbulb, unscrew the old one, and screw in the new one. Damn that was hard.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I, personally, would write a story about how our lives are represented by the lightbulb.

I would do it in the dark for dramatic effect, read the result later, and then cry myself to sleep that night.

Then, I would awaken the next day, much like a lightbulb being switched on, ready to face life at full force once more.

And, whether I achieve my dreams or not, whether I shine brightly for all to see, whether I light a room only I can see,

I will shine.

Though it will not last.

Some bulbs flicker before they fade, unable to shine on. Some go out with a flash, in one final, glorious show. Some never shine at all, and some, some fade away slowly, all alone.

In the end, it's all the same. Shards of glass, thrown away.

Right, I'm off to sleep.

:cry:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I yell to my ISFJ mommy who comes & does it for me :wubbie:.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ yes, this falls into the same category as giant-bug-in-the-bathtub.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
One. It's just when we get around to doing it is the issue.

Much like ... many, many other people in the world LOL!

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2

Much like ... many, many other people in the world LOL!

So true. The older I get, the lazier I seem to get, or is it just an internet addiction. :laugh:

Trope

MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w6
If they're physically able to and know what a light bulb is and have a spare one around I suppose it would just be one. And a chair to stand on. Or is it a nightlamp?

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I....may be an INFP now...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Right.

They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
They'd feel guilty about replacing an old bulb, so they'd ask someone else to do it for them.

But their request would be so abstract and tangential that the other person wouldn't understand exactly what they wanted.

Then they would say "Oh, that's OK. Nevermind. I don't want to bother you"

Then they would curse the other person in their mind, and blame the other person for MAKING them replace the bulb.

Then they would either shut the other person out of their life completely, or vacillate between loving and despising that person forever.

Then they would bury the old bulb with an elaborate funeral ceremony, complete with poems and eulogies, and smile to themselves, knowing that the old bulb is "in a Better Place now."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Is this your take or experience on INFP-ENFP relationships? And besides, personally I prefer the word "orthogonal", tangential is just so 2-dimensional, maybe 3 dimensional. One could go with "normal at the surface", but please what INFP is normal at the surface? :newwink: "Infinite dimensional complete Hilbert space", now that requires usage of the term "orthogonal". Hey, where did the nerd smiley go?!?!? I guess I'll just have to settle for this. :glasses:

Alternate answer: INFP thinks about changing light bulb, goes to look for a spare, gets distracted by very interesting tangent, starts philosophizing about said tangent, starts telling you about philosophizing of said tangent, realizes doesn't have any spare lightbulbs since that would be too practical and would have required foreplanning.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
2. Buy light bulb.
3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
4. Go home and hop online to research.
5. Open up TypeC, waste 3 hours.
6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
8. Go back to store, buy lightbulb.
9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
10. Go home.
11. ... 2 weeks later, stub toe again. Possibly break it.
12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
13. Analyze light fixture. Try to change lightbulb without ladder.
14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
15. Change lightbulb.
16. Resolve not to wait so long next time.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
2. Buy light bulb.
3.... Wait, do I get an old incandescent bulb or a new fluorescent bulb? I can't make a decision now without such critical information!!
6. Come nighttime and darkness, stub toe on furniture. Resolve to fix it tomorrow.
7. Research pros/cons. If necessary, use spreadsheets to mathematically determine how long it would take for fluorescent to be profitable.
9. CRAP! They are out of the lightbulb I wanted to buy! What do I do now?!? I can't buy an unresearched bulb - not after all the work I've put into this!
10. Go home.
12. Go back to store, buy lightbulb, and make a side trip to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard as reward.
14. After 5 minutes realize that it's not quite going to work. Spend 30 seconds grabbing a chair.
15. Change lightbulb.

Yes, that sounds a little more likely. An INFP would make themselves do it, they'd just use Si and Te very, very badly in order to do it. Maybe not THAT badly, though.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah. So it's 1 INFP.

1. Go to grocery store.
2. Buy light bulb.
10. Go home.
15. Change lightbulb.

I'm so impressed, you do it in only 16 steps?! I usually end somewhere around 20. :D