• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Is this more of an ENFJ or INFJ thing to do?

Lissa

Hey everyone, I have a questions

Sometimes I have a tendency to 'ignore' people, for lack of a better term.

For instance there's a customer that comes in occassionally at work, and I don't really know them that well, though sometimes we do chit chat.

ANYWAYS, today he comes in with a terribly bandanged arm, and instead of conversationally asking, 'what's wrong with your hand' I totally ignored it because I didn't want them feeling like they would have to explain to everyone all the time what happened to them. What if it was something they found traumatic and they'd have to explain to me, and all because I asked?

Sounds stupid, but I didn't want to 'bother' them as such, but now I realise that this may make me appear as an uncaring, aloof person, though that was totally NOT my intention.

Is this more of an ENFJ or INFJ type thing to do?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I see that as a more introverted thing to do...but I'm curious, are you asking this in order to determine if you are enfj or infj?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Welcome here! That sounds like an INFJ thing. There's usually a wish to not intrude on others. I know several INFJs who like public speaking, myself included. I think it depends on the purpose of speaking in public. If it's a forum for our ideas to get out or to further something we believe in, many are happy to do it and even thrive on it.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Insufficient information to decide type.

I think it's better if you ask yourself, overall are you more comfortable in small groups or in larger settings. Which situation can you tolerate better? Being surrounded by people at all times or being completely alone.

Lissa

Thanks for the welcome.

@ nighting: I dunno...seems like two extremes...depends who i'm surrounded by i suppose!

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Thanks for the welcome.

@ nighting: I dunno...seems like two extremes...depends who i'm surrounded by i suppose!

I wouldn't want to type you prematurely, but I do know some INFJs who are very much "people" people to the point of looking kind of extroverted. Have you read more into type descriptions?

INFJ Profile

ENFJ Profile

I think the typelogic pages are a pretty good place to start.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Either type could do this, but it is more likely an INFJ would.

Lissa

yeah, i've read all descriptions online but from the geocities enfj one = me so much it's scary!

Afkan

I agree with the Introversion argument in general, but for you- well, I don't know you. But consider this:

I'm ultra sensitive abt how ppl may feel when the option for greeting arises, especially if I do not know them- in which case I have no data to draw from. I consider things such as, would they feel comfortable if I draw attention to them? or How would they like to be greeted?..In the situation you describe, I would wrestle w/ the idea as well.

However, when its someone I know somewhat well...people nearby look up from whatever they are doing as a result of my enthusiasm (and often loud decibel level).

Moonlight21

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey everyone, I have a questions

Sometimes I have a tendency to 'ignore' people, for lack of a better term.

For instance there's a customer that comes in occassionally at work, and I don't really know them that well, though sometimes we do chit chat.

ANYWAYS, today he comes in with a terribly bandanged arm, and instead of conversationally asking, 'what's wrong with your hand' I totally ignored it because I didn't want them feeling like they would have to explain to everyone all the time what happened to them. What if it was something they found traumatic and they'd have to explain to me, and all because I asked?

Sounds stupid, but I didn't want to 'bother' them as such, but now I realise that this may make me appear as an uncaring, aloof person, though that was totally NOT my intention.

Is this more of an ENFJ or INFJ type thing to do?

Yeah I do this quite alot. Even when I see an old lady having problems walking or seems to have a handicapped problem, I would want to help them but then I start thinking that maybe she would feel worse if I helped her and may think that I see her as useless. So I just walk right past her and later I think that I was a jerk for not helping a poor old lady.