• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's: do you "put yourself out there?"

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So I was just thinking some more and something just came to me.

INFP's, do you "put yourself out there?" We tend to be known for being reserved and non-demonstrative, but do any of us particularly "assert" ourselves or are personality? I tend to think of myself as very open and receptive, which in a sense is "doing something" or "making something" but nonetheless seems like the opposite of "assertiveness." So I guess I'm not assertive, or else I assert being open and receptive. If I just did some martial arts training or otherworldly yoga I can be VERY assertive, but it still has its inner core of openness and receptivity, it just wears a very assertive outer coating.

I wonder if our more artsy/creative INFP brethren would describe themselves as more assertive or putting themselves out there?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Open and assertive are definitely passive processes. Unless action is taken, an open store will have to wait for customers to randomly enter. In itself, that is not a good business model.

There are two options:
1. Put up neon signs, flashy advertising, and gimmicks to try and entice people to enter.
2. Try to have the best damn product/service possible, and then do some marketing so people are aware you exist. Usually the combination of the two tends to eventually become a self sustaining cycle.

As for do I put myself out there? Not as much as I should. Not ready yet, but working towards it.