• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP's: how nurturing do you consider yourself?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a pretty terrible nurturer I think. I'm kind of like a time-traveller from the future. I see bad things happening to the people around me and I feel for them but I mustn't interfere lest I endanger the very fabric of the space-time continuum. .

:rofl1: Funnily enough, I've felt something very similar before. My need to give people space to live their lives sometimes fights with my desire to help them feel better.

In the end, it really depends on how much I respect or care for the person, how much good I think I can do, and how appreciative they are. I can be very nurturing and supportive to those that fit those three criteria.

i relate a lot to both of these posts, but also admit that sometimes i do intervene and have been a catalyst in both clean and painful change in others' lives..sometimes the urge to guide or protect is too strong to ignore. perhaps female NFs tend to experience this more..?

i am apparently a very nurturing type (so i've been told), with both animals and people.. it's something that i think has always caused old women and parents of small children to favor me.

until someone mentioned it to me i had never really considered it noteworthy as it's basically instinctual. it makes me feel cheesy and overly feminized sometimes when i am aware of it.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
1- I am a "tough love" person, mostly because I expect even more from myself and I push myself harder than most anyone else. So I have a tough time understanding people who are soft with themselves.

2- I think I would make a great father someday.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How nurturing I am depends on how much I respect the person in question. In other words, it's totally subjective.

heart

heart on fire
I nuture the people in my inner circle, probably too much at times.

Sometimes quiet, gentle strangers touch me deeply and I'll respond to them in a nuturing way if they seem to need and want it, but I'd never want to impose myself on anyone.

And cats. I adore cats.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not nurturing at all. I hate nurturing people and I also hate being nurtured. I'm more of a protector.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are times when I'm kind of thrust into a nurturing role and it's awkward as all hell. I have no idea what to do or say.