• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What book should every NF read?

Lotr246

I'm curious to see NFs take on this too.

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl

The Art of Loving - Erich Fromm

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good Omens : The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce.

Idealistic to the extreme in the most down to earth sense of it, about people's dreams coming true, it's big on showing what is going on in the character's lives so you can't help but become attached to them. I would recommend anything by Tamora Pierce or her daughter Merideth Ann.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Unbearable Lightness of Being--fantastic book giving the T vs. F perspective on intimate relationships with the backdrop of social change.

1984--brilliant and frightening

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Anything by Dean Koontz. - He's the new Stephen King, IMO, I like his style with unforgettable characters.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The Four Loves - C.S. Lewis

The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R Tolkien

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Ender's Game followed by Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Pebble in the Sky or The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov

Oh wait, those are just my faves that I think everyone should read.

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
The Culture We Deserve - Jacques Barzun

Ego and Archetype - E. F. Edinger

Watership Down - Richard Adams (aw)

(Just some of my favourites)

+1 on The Unbearable Lightness of Being :)

staytuned7

One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

This one is especially wonderful for INFJs (although anyone can enjoy it, of course), because it it's subtly emotional, there's so much to pick up on that isn't explicitly said and the characters are just so bizarre (but so real) that you'll find yourself wanting to reach in a tell each of them what their problems are and why (I did, anyway :D). It's an Ni romp with Fe undertones (you'll find yourself getting wrapped up in the intricate, unsaid feelings of the characters) that is magical enough to transport you away from your environment to the world and life of the Buendias. Also, there are tonnes of metaphors and hidden patterns that are just SO much fun to suddenly (aha!) pick up on. It's a fantastic book!

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Anything by Herman Hesse. He was pretty damn revolutionary for his time... given that he basically wrote novels based on Jung's studies.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and there are a couple that I haven't read, but I've gotten a lot of inspiration from through people who did read them that I respected:

Discworld - Terry Pratchett

And several things by Neil Gaimen.

I need to get around to reading those myself one day.

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
'Wind, Sand and Stars' by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

'Winter's Tale' by Mark Helprin

heart

heart on fire
For INF I think To Serve Them All My Days by R. F. Delderfield

And for NF in general The Black Velvet Gown by Catherine Cookson.

I just think both of them are very affirming to NF view.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread is encouraging me to go lay in bed and read. Mmmmmmm.

My suggestion: Moby Dick

What type is Melville? I was gonna start a thread about this.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I really disliked The Unbearable Lightness of Being. (That's neither here nor there, just disliked it so much I can't help saying it!)

I will think on the OP question.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being has had a second wind. Consider the allegations/revelations regarding Kundera's (supposedly) acting as an informant.

There's an interesting chapter where Teresa is betrayed by a lover and a sub-plot develops around this.

Milan Kundera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The novel is much more interesting in light of this and well worth another read. Einmal ist keinmal, as Tomas might say. :)

Like watching the Sixth Sense for the second time, it's a different show but the same one.

heart

heart on fire
^ I appreciated it as a work of literature it is just that the characters all rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't feel especially intune with it as NF. It was more like, well there's a different perspective, interesting.