• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Any NFs ever denied loving someone?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No. My feelings are pretty clear and definite for me, and if I like/love someone then I'd really like for the feelings to be mutual. So anything the communicates these feelings is a good thing in my opinion. I see no purpose to deny it.

Clear and definite feelings ? Thats like the perpetuum mobile to the NT :D

bearette

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
this thread is very interesting to me, because while I have never denied liking/loving someone, I believe I have been on the receiving end of that false denial. Of course, I could never know for sure, but I have been in several situations where I just felt with all of my intuition that a guy really likes/loves me, but he denies it to my total confusion (because every other sign I had been getting was that he was so into me). I thought I was just the victim of unrequited love all the time (of course this is still true some of the time) but I think it is also the way I approach things- I get extremely intense, emotional, and insecure, and that scares people away big time. maybe I should start lying like everyone else.:huh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I was just the victim of unrequited love all the time (of course this is still true some of the time) but I think it is also the way I approach things- I get extremely intense, emotional, and insecure, and that scares people away big time. maybe I should start lying like everyone else.:huh:

No don't, you'll just add to the confusion.

I really don't understand why anyone would do this. If you like someone... try to get with them. That's what I've always done. It's so much simpler, causes less confusion for the other person, and less pain for you. It's like, well would you rather have two negatives or a positive? I don't see any clear reasoning for denying your feelings for someone.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
this thread is very interesting to me, because while I have never denied liking/loving someone, I believe I have been on the receiving end of that false denial.............. maybe I should start lying like everyone else.:huh:

I highly recommend against it, and while I have had done it twice in a lifetime, once it was in elementary school and the second time, I was a very young adult.