• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ theme and variations

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
I relate to both the first and last (though I don't have weak J).

And a 5th. That combines the first and last.

Interesting that there are type 2 INFJs. I don't believe I know any. I'll have to think about that for a while. Are you sure you're not 4 sx?

I took the online version of the test w/ that result, but I guess that could be a different version than the one ya'll are talking about. Enneagram test right? So type 2 is the "Helper?" Fits me very well.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the online version of the test w/ that result, but I guess that could be a different version than the one ya'll are talking about.

Have you looked into the types to confirm that the results are correct? I always took online tests and would get 3 and 5, but I'm probably neither.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Have you looked into the types to confirm that the results are correct? I always took online tests and would get 3 and 5, but I'm probably neither.

You mean in terms of reading over the results? Yes, fits pretty well. I haven't gotten a book on it or anything. On the actual Myers-Briggs done by a psychologist in a career assessment, I came out as XNFJ and was labeled "ambivert" - which also fits me pretty well, though if I have to choose I or ENFJ, I relate more strongly to the I. Maybe that accounts for the difference?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean in terms of reading over the results? Yes, fits pretty well. I haven't gotten a book on it or anything. On the actual Myers-Briggs done by a psychologist in a career assessment, I came out as XNFJ and was labeled "ambivert" - which also fits me pretty well, though if I have to choose I or ENFJ, I relate more strongly to the I. Maybe that accounts for the difference?

Ahhh, I see. So you're an ANFJ? Cool. Yeah, I just see xSFJs and ENFJs correlate with type 2 rather than INFJ. Have you done online searches? There are various descriptions out there, and they vary. What's your wing?

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Ahhh, I see. So you're an ANFJ? Cool. Yeah, I just see xSFJs and ENFJs correlate with type 2 rather than INFJ. Have you done online searches? There are various descriptions out there, and they vary. What's your wing?

I took a different test as the first one didn't identify wings and came out with type 1, wing 2, which also makes sense. I'm curious - I'll do some more reading on the Enneagram. I do think I waffle between Ni and Fe as first functions depending on the situation.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
There are also the specifics of how the functions works within the person. For me, Fe isn't used as much for it's 'piercing vision' into people and who they are, rather as an 'I just wanna give the world a biiiig hug and make it all better' feeling I have some days. I can be a real ass since I cant just whip Fe out before Se spews out some drivel. Then Fe comes around and I feel horrible for days afterwards.

Might even just be the difference between male and female uses of Fe - how the brain is wired and what kind of hormones lubricate the system and how all that affects it.

To be honest in my descriptions, I don't type by enneagram so it was really theoretical and only the 4 and 5 definitions felt 'steady' in my head. I never associated 9s with extraversion, but thinking on it, it isn't an energetic kind, rather a mellow 'Hey, sup?' kind of extraversion. My description of type 1 seems solid enough, though.

ms-mngrl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm...it's too bad we can't come in color-coated shades...just so it could be immediately clear who we are...well, maybe someday.