• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ISFP Dislikes ENFPs

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
For some reason, my ISFP friend seems to dislike several people who we both have typed with almost complete certainty as ENF and most likely P in every case. We have confirmed this in some cases when they have taken a MBTI questionnaire and posted the results online.

Anyways, my question is, why is this the case? Is there a type basis for this phenomenon? ISFPs and ENFPs are not complete opposites, and I have always figured that types which only share one letter (excluding N or S), or no letters would have the most conflict. I don't know enough ENFPs and ISFPs closely to construct my own theory, and I haven't found much information specific to this issue. Has anyone else noticed or experienced this firsthand, and does anyone have an idea as to why this is the case?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my experience SF critiques of NFs are usually things like, "Listen, it's really cool that you try so hard to treat everyone well, but chill out and enjoy the moment a little more. We can just be friends having a good time without having to overanalyze the implications of our words and actions, okay?"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne dominant people are generally annoying. That may be why. They are constantly all over the place. It seems like as I'm thinking about the things that they are saying they are already 200 miles ahead of me mentally with a new idea. It's kind of annoying.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a close ISFP friend, and another ISFP friend. I get along great with both of them, though there are some gaps in communication. From my view, a lot of what I say goes right over their heads. Anything abstract is just out of the question. And it's hard to have a serious and deep conversation with both of them. From their view a lot of my jokes are crazy and out there, I jump topics a lot, and I think too deeply about certain topics.

Despite these gaps, I have crazy great times with my close ISFP friend. We're both crazy in different ways but it leads to the same result -> a lot of fun! And we have other things in common; there's a reason we're friends after all.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I LOVE ENFPs! :wubbie:

Well, until I find them in bed with my brother and/or best friend. :cry:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
EN_Ps are the spawn of satan.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Don't worry, I won't judge you demon childs.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Awh, how sweet of you :wubbie:

er, I mean..I'm not supposed to have feelings :steam::devil:

sculpting

I only know two isfps irl. One I tried to hit on for like a year but we dont seem to occupy space in the same universe honestly, rather adjacent dimensions of some sort so it never worked. He doesnt seem to dislike me though.

I actually had to work for the other one for about a year. She was strictly a nine to fiver, liked cute clothes, and had no interest in driving anything forward. She single handedly almost prevented the market release of my instrument as she didnt have her shit together. 300 people, five years, and she could have fucked it up. I may have Te'd her a wee bit....

So what would she find bothersome about me?
-I drive change, everything must change, some just for the fun of it, some because I can see the flaws in the system
-no conversation stays simple-within seconds everything gets abstracted, reconnected
-I dont care about Se stuff in anyway shape or form. Likely I even sunconsciously disdain it a little as I have some Fi value shit attached to it, since I fuck it up endlessly and it makes me sad, and I bet that shows. She had a lot of Se and likely picks up on that.
-she didnt get the random silliness at all.

Funny as I really enjoy reading posts from the isfps here and I think they seem awesome. I also have beed reading bukowski (maybe an isfp)-and get this-a list of books that bukowski said everyone should read. So far each has a very interesting bent-I think they are maybe FiSe views of the world but I dont know for sure. It's like putting on Se glasses for me. Lots of fun.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Funny as I really enjoy reading posts from the isfps here and I think they seem awesome.

Reverse this for me: I don't like reading ISFP posts, but I get along exceptionally well with them in real life.

Go figure.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reverse this for me: I don't like reading ISFP posts, but I get along exceptionally well with them in real life.

Me too. ISFPs irl are truly sweet and admirable. They balance the concrete and the abstract well. I also like the ISFPs here, I wish they would write more meaty posts (minus Jeffster because he already posts plenty).

In regards to the OP, I haven't noticed this phenomenon. I know an ISFP who is best buddies with an ENFP and ENTP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne dominant people are generally annoying. That may be why. They are constantly all over the place. It seems like as I'm thinking about the things that they are saying they are already 200 miles ahead of me mentally with a new idea. It's kind of annoying.

haha...is it? omg that's funny...sorry monsieur kitty kat :cheese:

but...we can't all be cool...maybe they're just annoying.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
The best thing about my close ISFP friends and I is we can just spout off jokes and funny movie lines until we're blue in the face. A lot of people ask if we are brothers.

I don't click as much with my other ISFP friend because we have different interests... well, she has very abnormal tastes. Not even remotely mainstream. But we had a little bit of :wubbie: going on for a while. Mostly physical, not so much from communication, though we made things work.

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp

That sort of fits, although he doesn't have the same aversion to ENTPs. It's odd, because you would think that there would more of a clash with the T vs. F, but there isn't.

Another thing is that he says he has a distrust of strong E and J types. Although ENFPs are obviously E, he is suspicious (or says he is suspicious) of more decisive people but that doesn't really fit the bill for most ENFPs, right?

Also, non-ENFPs/ISFPs, does this sort of thing happen for you in a similar situation (i.e. a INTJ disliking a ESTJ)?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sort of fits, although he doesn't have the same aversion to ENTPs. It's odd, because you would think that there would more of a clash with the T vs. F, but there isn't.

Another thing is that he says he has a distrust of strong E and J types. Although ENFPs are obviously E, he is suspicious (or says he is suspicious) of more decisive people but that doesn't really fit the bill for most ENFPs, right?

Also, non-ENFPs/ISFPs, does this sort of thing happen for you in a similar situation (i.e. a INTJ disliking a ESTJ)?

EXFX people are, well, more outward about their emotions it would seem. Extroverted and feeler. Your ISFP friend may be getting annoyed because he is picking up on these outward displays of emotion and he sees that as annoying? I know that I personally do, I am actually pretty bothered by outward displays of emotion (if I'm not ready for it or I see it as unnecessary). That combined with Ne could get (And does get) very annoying.

I personally clash a lot with ENTPs, moreso than with ENFPs. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Perhaps your friend being distrustful of decisive people could be a result of a high P preference? EXTJs I generally enjoy, so I'm still guessing it's his high P preference. And again I'll go with "different strokes for different folks".

I've heard of INTJs disliking ESTJs. Perhaps it's see the totally different attitude (EN vs IS or ES vs IN) and then having the same judging functions, and you see the other's method as flawed or superficial?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also like the ISFPs here, I wish they would write more meaty posts (minus Jeffster because he already posts plenty).

Did she just tell me to shut the hell up? :laugh: