• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ISFP Dislikes ENFPs

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
EXFX people are, well, more outward about their emotions it would seem. Extroverted and feeler. Your ISFP friend may be getting annoyed because he is picking up on these outward displays of emotion and he sees that as annoying? I know that I personally do, I am actually pretty bothered by outward displays of emotion (if I'm not ready for it or I see it as unnecessary). That combined with Ne could get (And does get) very annoying.

I've heard of INTJs disliking ESTJs. Perhaps it's see the totally different attitude (EN vs IS or ES vs IN) and then having the same judging functions, and you see the other's method as flawed or superficial?

I think you've hit on something there. My friend is pretty introverted (but then again, so am I) and he doesn't like getting into situations where he is being judged or is under a lot of social pressure. Although he's Fi like ENFPs, it manifests itself completely differently through iNtuition instead of sensing.

Your idea about attitudes seems to totally support this. It's like having a mirror reflect a distorted image of yourself back at you - unflattering and disturbing. Obviously there are people from every type that you can get along with, but this may explain why my friend dislikes so many people who happen to be ENFPs.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne dominant people are generally annoying. That may be why. They are constantly all over the place. It seems like as I'm thinking about the things that they are saying they are already 200 miles ahead of me mentally with a new idea. It's kind of annoying.

You don't get that problem with Ne auxiliary people too?

Which you apparently aren't anymore?

P.S.,

You don't sound very ISFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't get that problem with Ne auxiliary people too?

Which you apparently aren't anymore?

P.S.,

You don't sound very ISFP.

And yet he is. He's always been a bit impatient with Ne-dom people, even back when he still believed that he was in fact INFP. He has the annoying habit of actually grounding Ne (sorry BC :alttongue:) and pulling us back to earth (se) and that quick insight and judgement (Fini) to go with it. No time or patience for what-ifs as he seems to consider them bs. I've also never heard him go on a Ne-rant or seen him play Ne-games in ventrillo.

Go through his post history and you'll find a number of posts saying he doesn't identify with the profiles of INFP, often finding them lacking and downright wrong. His enneagram also indicates anything but NFP.

/end derail.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Oh well, if you say so. I've seen him talk about a number of abstract topics, but okay.

I guess apart from that all I've really noticed from him is general peace-mongering with occasional Fi taking things too personally, but I suppose my personal experience has included more INFPs doing that than ISFPs, so that combined with his profile saying INFP made him seem more N to me.

He gets irritated with anybody who violates Fi, not just Ne doms. In fact he gets along better with Ne-heavy types than most of the strong Je users, by a long shot. (I'm sure you can chalk this up to being Ps, but I don't really recall any posts where he gets irritated with Ne specifically outside the context of Fi being annoyed about something else.)

By the way, this is relevant discussion, imho, not a derail. (Which really only results in about 1 second of extra scrolling/clicking to get through anyway, so who really gives a damn?) ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, we're not that bad!!!!! :cry:

And for the record, even if you guys hate us, I still think you're all really cool folks! :hug: :wubbie:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This transition is going to be more difficult to convince people of then I thought it would be. Everyone who has gotten to know me on here agrees with it, and everyone who doesn't know me well thinks I'm N.

I find it easy to believe, but the sudden Ne bashing seems kind of ridiculous, considering you used to identify with INFPs (in some ways). I think it's funny when people switch types and do stuff like that....

IRL, I see a lot of ISFP + ENFP couples actually. I can see the types really clicking or clashing depending on their maturity and interests.