• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs attract unusual people?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have very little drama in my life, but I do attract weirdos (the bad kind) and people who want to take advantage of me (particularly in business dealings). I'm much better at smelling out their BS than they expect, which is probably why the drama is kept to a minimum. But yeah, the weirdos love me.... and I guess I also look like someone who would want to buy swampland in Florida. Weeding them out is tiring enough...I can't imagine if I fell for it...or really, I can imagine it because I have been the victim of my own idealistic naiveté, but it's not very often.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I have very little drama in my life, but I do attract weirdos

I'm the opposite. I feel like my life is an absurd black comedy (slow paced, though, but dramatic) or something, but I don't seem to attract weirdos that much.

TheMonocle

Thus my study of deviance! What helped me the most was learning the difference between positive and negative deviance. Learning its function in society. Studying sociology helped me more than any psychology class could have on this one. I began to see how to clearly identify trouble before I had a hunch and I was in the middle of a situation.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I know when I was 17/18 I'd often get women in their 30s and 40s making unaccountable conversation with me in bars. I thought it was just because they were being friendly and I looked safe, then my friends would tell me later than they were hitting on me fairly blatantly. So either I was too naive to spot the come-ons or too naive to realize my friends were pulling my leg.:thinking:

I know that when I walk down the street I seem to be the person inevitably singled out by people looking for donations. Oxfam, Wilderness Society, Guy Just Needing $2 To Catch A Bus Home Coz His Wallet Got Stolen. Must be the hair.

Not the same thing as the OP though. Genuine weirdos seem to gravitate to women, I've noticed.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Sorta.

ESFPs also attract trouble, and ENFPS too.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Yeah, I lure weird people like the light lures moscitos. Many people I or no one wants to be around with somehow come to me. Though, if I really don't want to be with such a person, they seem to realize it after some time.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Interesting thread...

I'm currently writing a thesis on the ins and outs of corrupting INFP's :devil: :p

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Now why doesn't that surprise me? ENTJs scare the crap out of me.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I know that when I walk down the street I seem to be the person inevitably singled out by people looking for donations. Oxfam, Wilderness Society, Guy Just Needing $2 To Catch A Bus Home Coz His Wallet Got Stolen. Must be the hair.

:yes:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I think it's the eyes. Whenever I make eye-contact with ppl from the charities, they just seem to know that I'm too soft-hearted to just ignore them and walk away.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can't say I've had much trouble in this department.

Sorta.

Yeah I have an ENFP friend who literally has creepy weirdos following her around even before she's spoken to them. Seriously, the stories she tells :shock: . Maybe its her manner or the way she dresses or perhaps its just the ENFP vibes she gives off.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
enfps ARE the creepy weirdos.

Tycho

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Even in close relationships, I have the impression that many INFP's, due to their lack of assertivity, are too easy-going. They just seem to be so content to be in the presence of someone that likes/ accepts them that they don't want to make themselves a burden.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mod Note:

Threads merged again! Gosh, this topic never gets old. :D

I have to say one thing I miss now that I don't have that super Fi antennae sticking up all the time - I think I'm a little *too* closed. Since ENFPs have a tendency to be secretive (at least this one) I seriously get the feeling I'm too closed off and I'm missing out.

It's so hard to strike a balance between "being totally wide open and attracting totally random events and kooks coming out of the wood work" and "leave me alone I am a[n evil] robot"

Thoughts? Pointers?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mod Note:

Threads merged again! Gosh, this topic never gets old. :D

I have to say one thing I miss now that I don't have that super Fi antennae sticking up all the time - I think I'm a little *too* closed. Since ENFPs have a tendency to be secretive (at least this one) I seriously get the feeling I'm too closed off and I'm missing out.

It's so hard to strike a balance between "being totally wide open and attracting totally random events and kooks coming out of the wood work" and "leave me alone I am a[n evil] robot"

Thoughts? Pointers?

Nope. I'm the same way. When I was younger I was way too open, now I'm all like leave me alone...except for when I'm not. So no pointers. Sorry.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh god yes. my friends all call me a creeper magnet because i attract some really really strange guys.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
can't say I do. However, weird, strange, mentally 'altered' people tend to stick around longer since I'm just sooo tolerant and cool-headed. 8|

or because I treat them like Alzheimer's sufferers idk

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even in close relationships, I have the impression that many INFP's, due to their lack of assertivity, are too easy-going. They just seem to be so content to be in the presence of someone that likes/ accepts them that they don't want to make themselves a burden.

Ick...NO. I'm not that dependent on people. Acceptance is only flattering if I enjoy the person also.

Sorta.

My ESFP sister is a drama magnet :yes:. She doesn't attract weirdos like I do though. For all her trouble, she's never had a creepy dude stalk her, and I have....

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
theres been periods of my life where ive had stalkers, or something dang near it.