• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] How possible is it to confuse an ESFP with an ENFJ and vice versa?

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
It's possible if you don't know the difference.

ESFPs and ENFJs are both fun and outgoing people.

The difference is that ESFPs tend to be like Dory from Finding Nemo. Impulsive and freespirited, yet at the same time funny and outgoing, with a knack for dominating the spotlight crowning it all. She even shows how ESFPs will try to help someone:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA"]"Just Keep Swimming! Just Keep Swimming!"[/YOUTUBE]

ENFJs tend to be more like Andy Griffith, who knew exactly what to say and what to do to get a person to warm up to him. He resolved most situations in The Andy Griffith Show using that talent. See video.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplK2E0_HEM&feature=related"]Andy and the Town Stranger[/YOUTUBE]

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
If I as an ENFJ, don't like what you have to say I just ignore you or the comment or avoid you or whatever. I don't need you mucking up my view of the world. :devil:

Yeah this is true, no offense but I think ENFJs tend to be more arrogant in that manner. That said, ENFJs tend to shut down when they are criticized directly, or get angry about it, where I think ESFPs keep a more open mind to constructive criticism.

Again, I am not trying to insult either type, just posting my experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFJs are the teacher, the pedagogue. They're into gentle guidance. You generally won't find ESFPs trying to guide other people, unless it's leading people by charm and humor.

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJs are the teacher, the pedagogue. They're into gentle guidance. You generally won't find ESFPs trying to guide other people, unless it's leading people by charm and humor.

That's a good point, ENFJs are always trying to help and guide people (even when they don't want to be guided). I also think ESFPs are more direct with their communication vs. ENFJs. ENFJ usually has a purpose behind their words, while ESFP says more what is on their mind. I think that is also a big EJ vs EP difference.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's a good point, ENFJs are always trying to help and guide people (even when they don't want to be guided). I also think ESFPs are more direct with their communication vs. ENFJs. ENFJ usually has a purpose behind their words, while ESFP says more what is on their mind. I think that is also a big EJ vs EP difference.

:yes: