• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's how NT are you?

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm in the middle of a little identity crisis at the moment :cry:, For the last couple months I've been kind of slipping into cold reclusion mode and not letting anybody in. I'm not sure where its coming from, but I think its because I've been getting too attached to certain people lately, and then suffering seperation anxiety when they get yanked away. Because of that I've been very anti personal contact with others, not very open with anybody but a few people and I think Im slipping into an NT mode... My "F" function is 40%ish, I rather like being an INFP, and dont really want to turn into an INTP :p... Can anybody else relate? How NT are you?

P

Phantonym

I think it's all about stress levels. The more stressed I am, the more it's probable that my preferences fluctuate. I can be very F one moment and more like T the next. I couldn't call myself NT though because of that. And I'm certainly not turning into one either :)

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
It could simbly be that I have the fear of turning into one... dunno is it possible to just flip flop and change alliances suddenly in relation to NF and NT?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It could simbly be that I have the fear of turning into one... dunno is it possible to just flip flop and change alliances suddenly in relation to NF and NT?

How old are you ?
I ask since this is important fact in these matters.

Btw what is wrong with being an NT ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't score as INFP anymore, but I clearly am one. I consider myself an intellectual and not overly sensitive feeler. I don't let stuff get to me. I balance out my emotions with logic, I tend to have a logical face to impersonal issues and I deal with personal issues with my natural emotionally lead self. I usually score as INTp, INTJ, or ENTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Better not to go peddling around with intellectuality. Someone could ask one what he is doing with it :D

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
How old are you ?
I ask since this is important fact in these matters.

Btw what is wrong with being an NT ?

I'm 21

There isnt anything wrong with being an NT... I just really like being an NF! (I suppose this little bit of utter illogical-ness could prove my fears wrong...) :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You could have said from the start that you wanted the discount every NT gets here for the nude bar. Would have spared us alot of beating around the bush :D

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think its because I've been getting too attached to certain people lately, and then suffering seperation anxiety when they get yanked away.

What's underlying the cause of this separation anxiety? Are you having a hard time trusting that people will come back? Is there something you can change about your situation so you don't feel this way?

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with using your T. INFPs seem to be great at logic and debate. Have you tried using your T to sift through the anxiety and figure out which emotions are true and based in reality and which ones just haunt you without any real benefits?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm in the middle of a little identity crisis at the moment :cry:, For the last couple months I've been kind of slipping into cold reclusion mode and not letting anybody in. I'm not sure where its coming from, but I think its because I've been getting too attached to certain people lately, and then suffering seperation anxiety when they get yanked away. Because of that I've been very anti personal contact with others, not very open with anybody but a few people and I think Im slipping into an NT mode... My "F" function is 40%ish, I rather like being an INFP, and dont really want to turn into an INTP :p... Can anybody else relate? How NT are you?

Is that really what you think an NT is? Really? :doh:

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
What's underlying the cause of this separation anxiety? Are you having a hard time trusting that people will come back? Is there something you can change about your situation so you don't feel this way?

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with using your T. INFPs seem to be great at logic and debate. Have you tried using your T to sift through the anxiety and figure out which emotions are true and based in reality and which ones just haunt you without any real benefits?

Yes I think fear of being forgotten is probably the biggest underlying concern that I have. On top of that my fear of trusting others prematurely. I was thinking I should try to be a bit more open and feely with people as opposed to being so closed and cold...

I don't mind using my T, and I think its fairly well developed but I definitely enjoy emotion more then cold logical thought. I think I've spent maybe too much time trying to analyze my emotions logically rather then deal with them emotionally. Maybe that could be causing my confusion.

Is that really what you think an NT is? Really?

INTP? Yes...

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes I think fear of being forgotten is probably the biggest underlying concern that I have. On top of that my fear of trusting others prematurely. I was thinking I should try to be a bit more open and feely with people as opposed to being so closed and cold...

I'm not sure what you mean by open and feely, but I don't think you should do things that are completely unnatural to you. Like if you're feeling a lot of anxiety but you try to put up a facade that you're happy go lucky, people will still sense that underlying tension and it may wind up sending you the wrong information about who to trust.

I will say, based on the INFP friends I've had, that if you have an ENFP friend (like moi! :D), you can trust them with your feelings. We seem flighty but when a friend is in need, we are THERE. When I've bumped heads with INFPs, it's been because they weren't true to themselves or because they held back their feelings and I felt like I was the only one opening up.

I think I've spent maybe too much time trying to analyze my emotions logically rather then deal with them emotionally. Maybe that could be causing my confusion.

Yup, could be...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tested NT several times in the past and even SJ once when I was 18 and my shadow was out to play (ISTJ).

When I was in college, I took the test about 20 times and consistently received INTX, usually INTJ.

However, I am NOT NT. I think certain aspects of our personalities are more apparent at certain phases of our lives under certain circumstances. However, that does not change our CORE selves. Does that make sense?

So being in an academic environment can make you seem more NT because your NiTe or your NeTe or your TiNe or your TeNi or TeNe or TiNi comes out to play. That often happens. Or if you are forced in a position where you have to have a 'grab the bull by the horns' perspective. Sometimes certain jobs help us to develop certain traits that are not normally strong (like Fe for me and teaching). However, that does NOT change your core self.

No worries. :hug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
At least in the army I would stick to my core self and go for Private Paula :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram