• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] A potential INFJ?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I was waiting for the bus in an affected neighborhood. Not surprisingly, the bus was taking forever, so I wasn't happy. Then, I noticed this woman. She looked to be in her early thirties, maybe, was dressed pretty conservatively. She was sitting by herself and looked very peaceful. I sat next to her, because she radiated a peacefulness which was calming because there were a couple crackheads and/or drunks starting trouble nearby. We started talking and she told me about her church. She was deeply religious, and told me that if I ever had any problems in my life to pray to God and He would eventually work everything out for me. She believed very firmly that God had the answers to all of life's problems. I told her that I prayed sometimes, but not every night. She appreciated my honesty. She gave me the flyer to her church and told me that if I ever wanted to come I was welcome, but she didn't push it on me or anything, she wasn't giving them out. She just said if I wanted to come, I was welcome, if I didn't, that was cool too. Although I am nowhere near as religious as she is, I felt her personality was similar to mine in a way. We talked about life for quite a while, she was very interested in expressing her feelings about the complexity of life. She also told me that she hated to be late for anything, and encouraged me to never be late for any appointment I had. We definitely had a good conversation, she was extremely kind, and I made a new friend.

After this, I couldn't help but wonder if I had met another INFJ. I thought at first she might've been an ISFP because she put me so much at ease, but her importance on being on time seems to reflect a judging personality. In any case, I am pretty much 100% sure she was an introvert with the feeling preference. I know this is very limited information, but I can't help but wonder. Any thoughts on this?

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... Maybe she's infj but I'm not convinced. I am chronically late, I read intuitives have a flexible outlook on time and schedules; her interest in being on time sounds sj to me. Also, I don't know about other infjs but I'm an avowed atheist. I don't know any other infjs in real life, but the intjs I've known were similarly skeptical about religion. Then again, I have read that many infjs are attracted to the ministry, so who knows. Just my two cents :)

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Upon further thought, I think she is probably an ISFJ. She seemed definitely introverted and a feeler, but also a little too much on the conventional side to be classified as an intuitive, I think. She struck me as a very reliable person, which suggested a judging personality, and ISFJs tend to be drawn to religious work (although as you mentioned INFJs can be as well). However, looking back, her religious take on things seemed more S than N.

It is interesting that ISFJ is supposedly the most common introverted type (like 11% of the population I believe, right?). Yet, I feel like I've only met a couple of them in my life. Maybe they're harder to spot than you'd think.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, she does sound like an ISFJ.

It wouldn't surprise me if ISFJ is the most common introverted type. I bet you know a lot more of them than you realize. I've realized that a ton of my female relatives and a surprising number of my female friends are ISFJs. Male ISFJs are a tad more rare, but even so I can think of several off the top of my head. They're all very reliable, caring people :eek:)