• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] What advice would you like to give the ENFJ in YOUR life? (or in your past)

Afkan

DVDs. Because you can't stand the thought of your nephews and nieces growing up without Alf and Independence Day.

And if you nod to that, I'm going to seriously wonder if you're my ENFJ friend IRL.
Ewww, that's so cliche. I am not compulsive about any gift, but if I were it would most likely be something super educational, and geeky!!! There's enough crappy, useless media to go around and then some...

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
^ Whew. After I typed that, I glanced over at your "Llamas say Obey" pic and realized you're most likely not him.

A gift that's educational and geeky? Do you have a well-formed Ti or something?

Afkan

^ Whew. After I typed that, I glanced over at your "Llamas say Obey" pic and realized you're most likely not him.

A gift that's educational and geeky? Do you have a well-formed Ti or something?

haha, you are funny. Also, I'm not a him, so that really wouldn't fit :)
I've always identified with geekiness, so I don't know. But it does fit into the "Teacher Idealist" ENFJ model.

shimsham

MBTI Type
infj
This list is for my ENFJ boyfriend, so i don't know how generalizable it is, but maybe it speaks to other INFs' experiences with ENFJs?

- Try to come across as more sincere in group social settings. I'm consistently perplexed about how you can be so genuine and wonderful to speak with one-on-one, and then "put on a show" in groups. At times, you can come across as very insincere. It's almost like you're two different people.

- Stop always trying to be the jokester. It can be incredibly irritating. It gets old when your default mode of socializing comes at the expense of other people, especially those who don't necessarily like to be put on the spot (As an INFJ my default mode in social gatherings is to hang out on the sidelines, so being put in the spotlight is a little disconcerting for me).

- Try to be more open to emotional conversations. Not all sadness or anger needs to be immediately relieved with humor. I know that you have deep and meaningful feelings about many things, but you often hide those thoughts with a joking facade. It makes me more reluctant to share my innermost feelings with you.

- Your playfulness with other people often borders on flirtation. I know that this is just who you are, but please remember to give me a hug or a little attention now and again, it makes me feel much better.

- Your intense sensitivity to emotional states is both a strength and a weakness. You "knew" me faster than most people in my life have but you're also so sensitive to my moods that you call me out on things before I even know how I'm feeling! I verbalize things at my own pace, give me time to think things through.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This list is for my ENFJ boyfriend, so i don't know how generalizable it is, but maybe it speaks to other INFs' experiences with ENFJs?

- Try to come across as more sincere in group social settings. I'm consistently perplexed about how you can be so genuine and wonderful to speak with one-on-one, and then "put on a show" in groups. At times, you can come across as very insincere. It's almost like you're two different people.

- Stop always trying to be the jokester. It can be incredibly irritating. It gets old when your default mode of socializing comes at the expense of other people, especially those who don't necessarily like to be put on the spot (As an INFJ my default mode in social gatherings is to hang out on the sidelines, so being put in the spotlight is a little disconcerting for me).

- Try to be more open to emotional conversations. Not all sadness or anger needs to be immediately relieved with humor. I know that you have deep and meaningful feelings about many things, but you often hide those thoughts with a joking facade. It makes me more reluctant to share my innermost feelings with you.

- Your playfulness with other people often borders on flirtation. I know that this is just who you are, but please remember to give me a hug or a little attention now and again, it makes me feel much better.

- Your intense sensitivity to emotional states is both a strength and a weakness. You "knew" me faster than most people in my life have but you're also so sensitive to my moods that you call me out on things before I even know how I'm feeling! I verbalize things at my own pace, give me time to think things through.

Well said :yes: