• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What would be a good gift to get an ENFP or an INFP?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That wouldn't work for me, giving me money would be the worst gift option to give me. It's no thought, none at all.

Definately think about the things you know they do like, and get something specific to them.

Yeah, my dad and I typically only accept the money thing from family since we've kind of given up on getting them to see the light.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
I have two close ESFPs in my life: my mother and my best friend. Between the two of them I am constantly receiving things. They give things so often that even though I have tried to steer both of them toward giving me things that would be meaningful to me (trying to get them to stop giving is useless), they inevitably give a lot that isn't personally meaningful. I really have to remember with them that it is the thought that counts, and I think if you're looking for something for an INFP you can be reasonably sure that they will remember that. We're more apt to be focused on what the gift (and giving it) means to you.

ESFP like to give things I need but don't buy for myself (shoes, makeup, a can of Raid). The ES/IN divide can be a hard one to cross so I really don't expect them to remember and understand what is personally meaningful to me. The danger in giving practical things is the ESFP must remember that it is something that would be useful to me, and not something that struck their fancy. So if you're going for shoes or clothes you really have to know my personal taste. Since I barely know my personal taste and only know what I definitely don't like (usually after I've seen it), this can be difficult to accomplish. And since I don't want to hurt their feelings they are apt to keep giving me this stuff.

Something heartfelt like a letter is really great. I tend to keep letters for years and years and I definitely re-read them. The ESFPs in my life like to tell how they feel about people although they don't consider themselves to be good writers. That's okay, I just like to remember that I was loved at that moment in time, and I like to feel the bond all over again. (if I ever befriend an ESFP who is a songwriter and they write a song about me I could die happy, I'm serious)

Something to write in is good, like a journal, diary, or notepad. Music is good since I'll usually give anything a listen at least once and I am always looking for something new to get into. If the INFP in your life likes to cook, then a cookbook especially with built-in variety (like foods from different countries, that sort of thing). I don't promise to do more than read them and imagine the dishes I could make, but I'd like the gift.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Give them lots of love :heart: and support them when they need it. ;)

I was being a bit sarcastic there. :cheese:
Simply ask what they would like to have and buy it if it's reasonably priced need. That is what I do. I have figured out that people themselves know what they want and I'm poor in guessing. It's boring but it works and people get stuff they need from me.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I will love you forever if you gave me a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble. No really, I would. For one because it shows that you know that I LOVE books, but it also gives me the le-way to pick out what I want. Oh, and a hug is nice too. :)

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't mind money or giftcards, but I'll be a lot more touched if you give me a material gift. Especially if it shows how well you know me. Couple anything with: "this looks like you/this reminded me of you" and I'll love it.

heart

heart on fire
I always want books but I get irritated with people in the family who don't know me, never really tried to know me in fact and they send me really cheesey, pop type history books so I suppose I'd rather have a gift card in those cases.

One of my sisters sends me cute cat nicknacks and I do adore cats and they mean a lot to me because she loves cats and she found them cute and she wanted to share with me. But these things would not have the same meaning from someone else! :D

Basically, if you know me well and I know you tried to give me something from your heart to mine, I'll cherish it forever. One of my favorite gifts when I was a teen was from someone who was broke that year and they gave me a white bucket with a cat face they drew on it themselves. I proudly displayed it for years.

Someone else mentioned a journal. Yes, this would be a good, safe bet for INFP I am thinking. Even if they never use it, they will think they will use it! But again, try to know their fav colors or animals or flowers or something. Don't assume all INFP want magic purple unicorns on their stationary. :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
As mentioned, something with a personal touch. Perhaps a book on their favourite topic. If they like sports buy a couple sports tickets and go to a game with them. Maybe a small photo album with some photos in it.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
eh, anything really, they don't care as long as there's ANY semblance of thought to the gift. its the thought for them

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
But I like red ocarinas... not green piccolos. Also, I'm more of a late 40s guy, not into Edo period J-pan.

Though I fucking love astronomy.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I always prefer a gift card to a book store so I can roam around and pick out something I like. I hate it when people feel the need to buy a gift instead of giving cash or a gift card, and then they buy something I detest and think they've done me a favor.

I second the journal idea, and I also love fountain pens. Still, though, even with a journal, it's kind of hard to tell what sort of design a person might like. It really does depend on the individual.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
By something that has novelty. Buy them something that could start a conversation. It could be utterly useless so long as it's weird.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.

Damn, how did you know my favorite history period???? Wait, which one was the Edo again, wasn't that like an era of peace or something? What about that Jensokudai or whatever, you know the 22-sided civil war, now THAT would have been interesting.

Ooh, apparently I'm an ENFP now, though purple is good too.

I did once "teach" astronomy.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! [Oh wait, I could PRETEND that you are in my head, which would allow me to keep my real head hidden, yes yes yes...]

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Something that shows you know them very well, that hints at something only you two share.

Yes! And if all else fails a hand-made/unique card with something heartfelt on the inside. Or a picture of the two of you + card. I got an Ipod Itouch for an Xmas present which honestly puzzled me at the time and even now while I love it much more humble gifts have touched me more. For instance, a journal someone gave me to encourage me to write with a personal note inside.

So show that either you pay attention to them and know them or else try to share part of yourself or encourage them in some way.

bearette

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
If you can't think of anything particularly personal to give them, you pretty much can't go wrong with a handmade card and handwritten note along with a gift certificate to a bookstore.

also, if you are good at making anything (knitting, drawing, or whatever) we love receiving handmade things (at least I do). But you might need to be careful with making clothing. accessories such as a bag or knitted hat are better.

really, we will appreciate anything that thought was put into.

bearette

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
oh, yes, and journals/ pens or art supplies (if they like to draw) are good too!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go for something that compliments their artistic side, or any kind of creative hobby they might have, which most xNFPs seem to.

yeah...that would be my suggestion too.
t7xhappy.gif

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
oh, yes, and journals/ pens or art supplies (if they like to draw) are good too!

Really? All you NFs like journals?

I almost get offended when people get me journals because since that's where I pour my innermost thoughts and feelings, I prefer to get my own with just the right texture, color of paper, binding and cover. The wrong kind of journal actually throws me off and makes it not as easy for me to write and be creative. My journals are all different from each other too. One had a cardboard cover and another had orange moleskin. They kind of mark the different eras of my life. :)

But anyway, gifts! Music, movies, anything artistic. I'm a sucker for mix CDs. If the gift is a practical one from an SP/SJ friend, I'd appreciate that too because I'd know they're just trying to help me organize my life.