• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What would be a good gift to get an ENFP or an INFP?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Give an INFP something that shows them you know them well.

Give an ENFP something that will make them say "What the fu-?!" then laugh hysterically.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.

Damn, how did you know my favorite history period???? Wait, which one was the Edo again, wasn't that like an era of peace or something? What about that Jensokudai or whatever, you know the 22-sided civil war, now THAT would have been interesting.

Ooh, apparently I'm an ENFP now, though purple is good too.

I did once "teach" astronomy.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! [Oh wait, I could PRETEND that you are in my head, which would allow me to keep my real head hidden, yes yes yes...]

:huh: And apparently I'm an INFP. I'll go for something from the heart and purple anyday over something crazy and green.

Scott, wanna trade? :D

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:huh: And apparently I'm an INFP. I'll go for something from the heart and purple anyday over something crazy and green.

Scott, wanna trade? :D

Do you play the piccolo??? I don't play any musical instruments.

Hmmm, ENFP's are generally more popular and have more friends than INFP's do me thinks....

Are you prepared to be !!!WAY!!! more Buddhist-monk-like than you are now?

It would be interesting seeing how each of our abilities to sense a___s has changed...

Hmmm, popularity, do I really want this......

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL..no, but I'm sure I can manage as I can play its big brother ;)

And I'm more hermit-like than you think atm..with the exception of this forum, that is...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL..no, but I'm sure I can manage as I can play its big brother ;)

And I'm more hermit-like than you think atm..with the exception of this forum, that is...

Well, first of all let me say that I don't know how social or hermit like you are or are not, but based upon the ENFP's that I've known I've seen it go both ways.

You ENFP's do sometimes fool me with how hermit-like you all can be as well. But some of you all, good gosh are they social calendar-packed creatures!

Do you ever feel out-socialled by any INFP's? We can have our moments! :blush:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
All NFPs play the piccolo. You should totally get your friend a piccolo.

The favourite colour of every ENFP is green (purple for INFPs), get them something that colour.

Every NFP ever is a deeply fascinated by the Edo period of Japan. Get them something relating to that time period. We're also all good at astronomy.

Well, no musical instruments for me, but I do know how to use a katana! 22-sided japanese civil war here I come! None of this 'peaceful era' Edo period for me! Ooh, maybe I'd meet some ninjas along the way :ninja:

Back at my old dojo one of the guys was big into swords and managed to get his hands on an actual historical katana from like 1500 or 1600 as I recall. He brought it into class one day to show people who were interested in seeing it. I got to do some downward cuts with it, it was pretty cool :D
I kept thinking to myself "who made this, where has it been, what has it seen, how many people has it killed???"

So back to the overall point of this thread: I don't know about others but THIS INFP thinks a historical samurai sword would be a pretty cool gift! :wubbie:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
YOU FAIL AT BEING PART OF THE NFP HIVEMIND! GO TO THE NFP OFFICE RIGHT NOW AND COLLECT YOUR THINGS!

*hits scott with rolled up newspaper*

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
YOU FAIL AT BEING PART OF THE NFP HIVEMIND! GO TO THE NFP OFFICE RIGHT NOW AND COLLECT YOUR THINGS!

*hits scott with rolled up newspaper*

ouch! Perhaps you should reconsider who you go around hitting :newwink:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Seriously, about the thread though. Anything thoughtful is probably pretty good. I'm also all about giftcards or cash. Even if you tried you wouldn't know quite which special book or movie or whatever I would want, and might very well buy something I already own. Sentimental stuff is good. I still have a stuffed animal my mom gave me when I was like 8. Journals would probably work for many of us. Nifty cards maybe? I'd go for scenery or animals ones personally. A photo album of the two of you together?

and just to reiterate, for THIS INFP a sword would work pretty well too :newwink: though I doubt anyone else would ever buy one for me.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That is freaky. I played piccolo in middle school and my favorite color is green. Get out of my head man...get out of my head!!!

I love journals as well. I drug my ENTP boyfriend with me for journal hunting one day. I just have the problem where I'll write a few pages into it, forget to do it, and then a few weeks later buy a new one. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Really? All you NFs like journals?

I almost get offended when people get me journals because since that's where I pour my innermost thoughts and feelings, I prefer to get my own with just the right texture, color of paper, binding and cover. The wrong kind of journal actually throws me off and makes it not as easy for me to write and be creative. My journals are all different from each other too. One had a cardboard cover and another had orange moleskin. They kind of mark the different eras of my life. :)

I am really picky about which ones I use for my actual journal, but I use "journal" books as all-purpose notebooks, too ... jotting down whatever weird and random stuff I can think of. I kept one journal full of questions I wanted to look up or think about in my spare time. (Lame, but I am always forgetting if I don't write things down.) I kept another journal with financial info, another one with grocery lists, another one with quotes I stumbled upon that I loved and didn't want to lose ... I dunno. I just like having them sit around on my shelves, too. I'm a lazy, shameless journalaholic.

I also feel this horrible urge to announce that I detest the color purple. And unicorns just bug me. :)

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
ENFPs wear size 7 shoes. All of us.

If you look under our left foot you can see our unique serial number from the ENFP factory. It's how we know we're special.

...I'm enjoying this thread entirely too much.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I found -DID NOT PASS INSPECTION- on the bottom of my foot. What does that mean?

Strawberrylover

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am really picky about which ones I use for my actual journal, but I use "journal" books as all-purpose notebooks, too ... jotting down whatever weird and random stuff I can think of. I kept one journal full of questions I wanted to look up or think about in my spare time. (Lame, but I am always forgetting if I don't write things down.)

Me too. My journal totally reads schizophrenic if anyone actually ever gets their paws on it. Poem on one page, grocery list on the next, followed by library books and then random thought and inspirational phrase.

All I know is I drool after those journals with buttery Italian leather that are like one-inch thick. Someday... someday when I actually want to pour a whole novel into a journal with classy calligraphy pens. *sigh*

I wonder what the SPs and SJs drool over. Probably knives.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs wear size 7 shoes. All of us.

But...but...I'm an 8. Am I defective???? :(

I also found "ANDY" on the bottom of my foot. What does that mean?

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I found -DID NOT PASS INSPECTION- on the bottom of my foot. What does that mean?

You're f'd, sorry.. But aren't we all until the end? :hi:

And for the record: I have NEVER, NOT EVEN ONCE, had a gift I wanted on a special occasion... I know exactly what I want, and anyting else falls short of expectations. Sentiment does move me however.