• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] opinions on infps?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey! I'm not an INFP!

you guys are cool. goofy, surprisingly loyal, slightly self-centered (case in point- the posters on this thread).

stop giving me that look like I've got three heads and stomped on your puppy. 'cause I'm pretty sure I didn't. and that doesn't mean I don't love you. :)

A post from a non-INFP in an INFP thread?! :eek:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's only a matter of time before this becomes an ENTP thread, so enjoy it while it lasts. :D

G

Glycerine

Yes once they get the Fi controlled, they can be quite remarkable individuals. :D I tend to admire them (not to put them on pedestals or anything).

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes once they get the Fi controlled, they can be quite remarkable individuals. :D I tend to admire them (not to put them on pedestals or anything).

What was that? I couldn't hear you from all the way up here!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Very cool people. Some of the best people I know. Getting them to crack up in hilarity is one of the best things you can do, because it can be difficult. That being said, also the best conversation during the wee, wee hours of night. Day is not their abode. Can often seem like you aren't as close to them as they are to you, but made clear every once in a while that this is not the case. Have an amazing ability to point out my flaws without making me defensive about it (which generally doesn't happen).

It's a shame there aren't more of these guys and girls in the world.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
It's only a matter of time before this becomes an ENTP thread, so enjoy it while it lasts. :D

DON'T GIVE THEM AN OPENING! YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE!

I've always wondered, though... how do you guys make important decisions? I mean, they're great and all, I just don't see how you get these conclusions...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always wondered, though... how do you guys make important decisions? I mean, they're great and all, I just don't see how you get these conclusions...

I don't understand the question... what do you mean by 'they're great and all.... etc'?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've made two good friends online and only after we became good friends found out they are INFP. (ok, actually they are the two people who got me interested in mbti) I haven't had any confirmation of any other made-in-rl friends that are INFP.

I'm curious what I would think of an INFP I didn't meet online. Would I even get to know one without the convenience of being online behind a computer?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would I even get to know one without the convenience of being online behind a computer?

It's hard. It takes time, patience, and determination to really get to know most INFPs.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, I've definitely gotten to know the two online. I'm just not sure how an INFP comes across offline, friendshipwise.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I don't understand the question... what do you mean by 'they're great and all.... etc'?
I mean that you always seem to come up with a solution to problems or important decisions that just comes out of left field, and only seems appropriate in retrospect. I've always admired that, and it doesn't seem like any of the other types do it in quite the same way...

grrr. I can't explain it. That thing you do, you know!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I've definitely gotten to know the two online. I'm just not sure how an INFP comes across offline, friendshipwise.

I'm pretty confident you'd love us, if you noticed us. :D

For me, it's always been a very easy and relaxed friendship. (This is 2f, 1m.) ENFP is just fun, well meaning, and talkative enough to pull me out my shell, which in turn makes me talkative enough to make sure things don't dry up or become dull.

Using the power of Ne, the mood and topic of the conversations shift like the wind.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean that you always seem to come up with a solution to problems or important decisions that just comes out of left field, and only seems appropriate in retrospect. I've always admired that, and it doesn't seem like any of the other types do it in quite the same way...

grrr. I can't explain it. That thing you do, you know!

Oh, the brilliant flash of insight. ;)

Heh, chalk it up to the power of extroverted intuition focusing the power of introverted feeling.

INFP insight recipe:
Start with 5 servings Si. (In this recipe, Si is flavorless but provides substance. Stop here if you desire the same flavor over and over.)
Add 4 parts Te. (Be sure to use only the freshest and most reliable data.)
Combine with 10 parts Fi (Protip: Fi refines with age)
Liberally mix with Ne and stir.

Continue mixing, on and off, for 1 second - 1 week - 1 year. The nature of the recipe is random, sometimes providing immediate results and other times requiring much stirring over an extended period of time.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
INFPs are sweet and I enjoy their company until they starting asking questions like "Do you think flowers wonder whether or not they're beautiful?".
:huh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs are sweet and I enjoy their company until they starting asking questions like "Do you think flowers wonder whether or not they're beautiful?".
:huh:

You never did answer me... Don't be hatin'!

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Of the four one-letter deviants from INTPs, I have to admit that, in my experience, INFPs are the most similar to us. If I had a soul, it'd be an INFP. (Now you see why I enjoy being a thinker.) </humor> On a serious note, I always felt INFPs had the same mind I had, but they used it to process different thoughts. For feelers, they're not too bad.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
All the ones I know have gone bankrupt and either are perpetually studying, or dropped out of school. The avoidance way of dealing with unpleasant situations often doesn't serve them well. They are usually quite accomplished people as long as they've decided it's important. The ones I know are all creative (often artistic or good writers) with an excellent sense of humour. Can't say I really understand the Lord of the Ringsish/D and D bent I've observed in a lot of them. Socially you need to tell them a time a couple of hours ahead of when you actually plan to meet if they are going to arrive at it at all. However, they usually discover an interesting route on the way there. Good late night talkers. Some are easily depressed/overcome by their own emotions or rely on addictions to help them cope with strong feelings. Interesting people, not very transparent, but in a different way than INFJs are hard to get to know through and through. When they dig in their heels, they can fight to the death, but usually hate confrontation.

Overall, I like 'em. They make great friends, but I don't think they'd work as an SO for me.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
INFPs are kind of useless, but usefulness and awesomeness really have no correlation in my opinion. A huge amount of my friends are INFPs. They are generally deep, wise...good to confide in and wonderful to discuss the big questions with. They're my favorite type to be around.